[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I have a crash course in oysters, /ck/? What do I need to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: url-2.jpg (397KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
url-2.jpg
397KB, 1600x1200px
Can I have a crash course in oysters, /ck/? What do I need to know about them to pretend I'm a casual?
>>
Oysters are farm raised now so the R rule doesn't apply.

There are lots of varieties but that doesn't really matter too much aside from variance in flavor.

The key to a good oyster place is turnover. You don't want to get an old dozen.

A skilled shucker will make upwards of $15/hr at an oyster joint because of the risk of injury and the need to make a nice clean cut.

Oysters should be garnished on the side with: Raw grated horseradish, limes, crackers, some sort of Louisiana hot sauce (Tabasco is standard but I prefer Crystal).

Oysters Bienville or Oysters Rockefeller are fucking delicious so don't be afraid to cook them.

Oyster stew is delicious with it's milky goodness but most people don't care for it.

The smoked oysters in a tin are actually pretty tasty and always popular at parties for snacks if you stick them next to a plate of crackers
>>
Don't try to pretend that you like something that you don't really like.

I enjoy oysters, I normally just pop it in my mouth and press it up to the roof of my mouth and it pops and this delicious goop comes out, I chew it up and then swallow.
Oysters from different areas have different tastes.

Honestly though, just try it and remember you're not eating it to impress anyone.
>>
>>8413115
Quality post, really.
>>
>>8413115

>always popular at parties

I like them myself - usually with a bottle of whiskey - but would never put them out with crackers as a party snack.
>>
>>8413136
>but would never put them out with crackers as a party snack.

Why not?
>>
>>8413141

Because this is the kind of thing I'd only eat in front of someone who I know also likes them, or at least who I'm comfortable being naked and farting around.

Many people find different kinds of canned fish beyond tuna a little suspicious.
>>
>>8413141
Not him but I think eating them so natural from the shell is the way to go.

Even Kilpatrick is a waste of a perfectly good oyster
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.