[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the reason behind dusting snacks with flavour instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: doreitos.jpg (193KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
doreitos.jpg
193KB, 1600x1200px
what is the reason behind dusting snacks with flavour instead of cooking it into them? it just seems like a waste of time, most of it rubs off on your fingers anyway.
>>
>>8411647

It's more expensive and cooking changes the flavour
>>
>>8411647
moisture. if you rub salt on before cooking, it would draw a shit load of water out of the potato/corn chip and wash a lot of the salt off, then you'd have to reseason it anyway.

if they are fried then im not sure how you'd expect all of it to stick when its swimming in oil
>>
>>8411657
i don't see how. and it couldn't be a bad change. people seemed to like those macaroni cheetos things, and i assume those are cooked twice.

>>8411666
i guess those are an exception, since theres not much processing to making potato chips. but with any kind of wheat or corn based snack, you've got dozens of ingredients going into them already, why not add it all at the beginning.
>>
You fry it. You coat it with seasoning. If you fry it with your seasoning in corn chip mixture it will have almost no flavor. People like snacks because WOW SO MUCH FLAVOR
>>
>>8411694

Put literally anything into boiling oil and tell me what happens to it's original flavour.

It burns off the seasoning
>>
>>8411647
When you make soup, does it matter if you salt it at the beginning or the end?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.