[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

food poisoning general going on day 4 for me, I had indigestion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

food poisoning general

going on day 4 for me, I had indigestion on christmas so I took some tums, the next day the poopin started and hasn't stopped. I've been drinking pepto but it comes back as soon as it wears off

I wonder if I picked something up from the sushi I ate on christmas eve. Interestingly despite not really eating much I've gained about 3 pounds and my belly is very distended
>>
Drink milk and honey and fruit juice, to help you shit easier.

Maybe eat some nuts too, and veggies. Even if eating is the lasy thing on your mind, itll help.

A strong black coffee would be good too.
>>
>>8409503
but I don't need help pooping! I want the pooping to stop

I think it was the tuna, it tasted a little off but I finished the piece. I better not have a worm
>>
>>8409510
It aint gonna stop nigga. Not until youre fully flushed.

After it stops, go eat whatever your favorite food is. And make sure its good quality too.
>>
>>8409510
Sad fact of things it pretty much won't stop until its run its course. You started having frank symptoms for the last roughly 48 hours? If it doesn't clear up after another 24 or if you start seeing blood in your piss/shit, get to the ER. That might be more than your run of the mill food poisoning.

All you can really do now is keep hydrated. Keep drinking water whenever you can, mix in a Gatorade/pedialyte whenever you can to get some critical electrolytes you're pissing/shitting out.

Next stick to the gentle stuff, follow the old standby of BRAT:

Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast

You can also do crackers, cream of wheat or plain noodles, just to get something in you. It sucks man, but there's not much else you can do until your GI tract purges everything from your system.
>>
>>8409498

EMT here, sounds like you have stomach cancer.

Go to hospital.
>>
Crohn's
Internal abscess
Surgeon is on his christmas holiday
Shitting my guts out all day every day
Probably at least another two weeks until I can be operated on
>>
Use smecta
>>
>>8409937
today the poop levels have increased and became more frequent, I got some severe cramps in my legs, and I started coughing and threw up a little while ago. First time I've thrown up during the course of this

the meal I had 16 hours earlier was still entirely in tact
>>
File: 1480049559005.jpg (34KB, 639x631px) Image search: [Google]
1480049559005.jpg
34KB, 639x631px
>>8409498
Maybe consider Norovirus:

http://www.webmd.com/children/norovirus-symptoms-and-treatment
>>
>>8410367
Christ. Have you tried weed? Legit question. I don't have chrons but I have ibs and I just started using and it's helped quite a bit.
>>
>>8410987
And I mean in general. I know it can't help the abscess
>>
>>8410923
Cramping is probably from a lack of electrolytes and fluids. Serious danger from that kind of sickness. People generally die from dysentery because of dehydration and electrolyte depletion.
>>
>>8410923
Hrm, if it's not even digesting or liquifying that's a bad sign. try upping your water and pedialyte intake if you haven't already. Eat simple foods like I mentioned earlier. If you don't feel your symptoms stabilizing after today, try to get yourself to urgent care/er and see what's up.
>>
Med student here, you may have a viral infection given that you seem to be passing liquid.

Not much you can do about it but I recommend sipping luke warm water with a teaspoon of salt to keep hydrated and keep a stable electrolyte balance.

You should be fine in about 7 to 10 days.
>>
>>8410997
No, I don't have weed. Still illegal in bongland. What I have is tens of thousands of pounds of Humira filled syringes in the fridge. They keep my normal symptoms at bay, but the abscesses keep coming.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.