[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ck/, I need your help. I'm trying to frugal my way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Red Beans n Rice 2.jpg (123KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Red Beans n Rice 2.jpg
123KB, 640x480px
Hi /ck/, I need your help. I'm trying to frugal my way to an early retirement. I'm living on $300 per week (I know, a lot more than some of you sorry SOBs). I save and then invest every dollar I earn above this with the hopes of eventually being able to live on the difference between the return on my investments and inflation. After rent, transportation, and entertainment, I've got about $80 per week to spend on food. I spend about $40-60 of this on breakfast and lunch (I'm planning on reducing this a lot in the future, to about $14-21, but I'd rather focus on optimizing my dinners for now). So, I've got about $20-30 per week to spend on dinners for the week.

So, basically, I need your poor people recipes. It has to be something that tastes good, stores well, doesn't go off quickly, and costs less than $20-30 to make 7 servings fit for a warrior. Ideally, I'd like to be able to cook it relatively quickly. I'm pretty active and I'd rather not get diabetes so if, somehow, this could be a healthy meal, that'd be awesome.

At the moment, I'm alternating between spaghetti and Japanese curry (I know, really not that healthy...). I'm about to learn how to cook beans and rice because I've been told this is what you a lot of you poor peasants are eating.
>>
>>8406571
For me, it's the McChicken and Google.
>>
>>8406585
Do you make them at home or just buy them at McDonald's? They're pretty expensive in my country...
>>
Tl;dr
>>
1. if you want to treat yourself buy reduced food that is or went off on label

breakfast:
Eggs + Bacon + (flour etc for home made bread)
or
porridge + honey (occasional berries etc)

Mains:
Pork shoulder (cheap as fuck and easy to cook in slow cooker)
Pay for fishing licence and go fishing/learn it -> free fish
Eggs
Soupe
Frozen Veg (cheaper and still good)

I spend 40 GBP for 2 weeks of food just buying eggs, porridge, oil, vinegar, some fresh veg, frozen veg and that includes some nice little things (spices, cheese, reduced goodies)
>>
>>8406571
lmao I live off of $50 a month get good
>>
>frugal your way to an early retirement
>off of minimum wage
In all sincerity, good luck. But you'll make more money by actually working. I myself chop firewood and hunt game to sell. During the summer I repair and sell lawn mowers, and I lease a consignment shop that I sell out of and live in, as it has an apartment attached. I work seasonal at a seafood processing plant. I probably make a hundred grand a year just hustling.

You'd be surprised how much money you save on food when you're eating meat you hunt yourself, and mushrooms you forage. I only buy vegetables, grains, pasta, and random snacks, while sticking to 100 bucks a month budget.

Investing your money, especially when you're earning so little, is never a good idea for early retirement. You're better off busting ass for ten years instead. You'll actually have money to blow, rather than just enough to get by.
>>
>>8407549
>I save and then invest every dollar I earn above this
good advice though
>>
>suffering and inexperiencing life while young in the hopes that your luck won't run out by either dying early or being too much of a miserable oldfuck to enjoy what you could have younger

Why do you types gamble your lives this much?
>>
The mainstays of my cooking (120$ a month)
Rice (jasmine and plain white)
Chicken (thighs usually)
Canned mackerel, salmon or sardines (lots)
Potatoes
Cabbage
Onions
Garlic
Spices

Sometimes to splurge I'll buy stuffing and a rotisserie chicken.
>>
>>8406571

>$40-60 on breakfast and lunch

What the fuck are you even eating? Jesus, I spend $50 a week for all three meals.
>>
>>8406571
Buy rotisserie chicken at grocery store and eat your fill. Pick the remaining meat from the bones, then freeze bones and meat separately. Save up the bones from several carcasses, then cook them all day in a slow cooker to make broth/stock. The stock can then be frozen for later use or used immediately with the remaining frozen meat.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.