[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you live somewhere that you can get easy access to dim sum?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: img_8365[1].jpg (2MB, 5032x2724px) Image search: [Google]
img_8365[1].jpg
2MB, 5032x2724px
Do you live somewhere that you can get easy access to dim sum? I do not, I have to visit the next city over.

This right here is my favorite dish of all (beef in particular).
>>
>>8405834
Hey op I live in San Francisco and there's tons of authentic delicious dim sun here

I really like cheung fun the dish u posted especially with the sweet soy based sauce they serve with it
>>
>>8405881
Would love to visit. Is probably the best thing next to just flying back to Hong Kong (which I'd like to do but that's a little much just for food).
>>
There are four places in walking distance that do traditional dim sum, another at the entrance of a Chinese supermarket that does a few take-out dim sum options (ones that can be eaten with hands, like steam buns and spring rolls) and about a dozen others in Chinatown, roughly three miles away.
It's everywhere here.

I like rice noodle rolls stuffed with you tiao or shrimp more than the ones with beef, but they're all good.
>>
>>8405886
from what I heard Guangzhou has better preserved traditional dim sum than HK.
>>
File: dsc01976[1].jpg (4MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
dsc01976[1].jpg
4MB, 4000x3000px
>>8405881
Do you have good beef chow fun there too?
>>
File: IMG_5526.jpg (30KB, 310x578px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5526.jpg
30KB, 310x578px
>>8405834
Nigga. You seriously want t eat that crap?
>>
>>8405960
>rice flour wrapped around some meat, steamed, and topped with soy sauce

There isn't a lot that goes into it. What's so bad?
>>
>>8405834
Yeah, I do. But I refuse to eat there because I know that there is no human generosity or warmth in the soul of a Chink.
>>
File: faggot town.jpg (360KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
faggot town.jpg
360KB, 900x1200px
>>8405834
>Do you live somewhere that you can get easy access to dim sum?
what if I told you there was dim sum in my kitchen right now

>>8405881
neat
>>
>>8406010
You can still enjoy their food.
>>
>>8406052
No you can't because you know Wei Zhang in the back is cobbling together glue and sawdust in the form of a chicken breast or wringing old soy sauce out of the garbage because it makes him an extra 15 cents that he can hoard from his children.
>>
File: images-134.jpg (16KB, 461x319px) Image search: [Google]
images-134.jpg
16KB, 461x319px
I live in Australia where we have dim sim, a deliciously terrible western take on dim sum. Pastry made of tallow and wheat flour, stuffed with ground pork & mutton, cabbage, pepper etc;
It's very addictive.
>>
>>8405834
dim sum is overrated garbage
>>
>>8405953
Oh yeah beef chow fun is a staple in Cantonese food there is alot of Cantonese in san francisco compared to mandarin speakers
>>
>Get dim sum for the first time
>it's like pricey
>takes like shit
>chinese place across the street where they don't speak english outside numbers you have to order from does it better and is less than half the price

dim sum is only for weebs or actual chinese people who want to be masochists to their taste buds
>>
You can buy frozen dim sum in most supermarkets, if that counts.
>>
File: lookin-good.jpg (46KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
lookin-good.jpg
46KB, 550x413px
>>8405834
Same anon same it's a tiny ass place in the back of a big strip mall buy holy fuck it's amazing it opens into a big traditional Chinese style room you can see the kitchen it's got ducks hanging in the window all the servers are sexy Asians
To think of it every one was Asian all the servers cooks waitress hi went on Easter with the family and we were the only white people there was a 30 min wait for a table and every one in line and every one imside was Asian
Menu was all authentic to no general tos or crab rangoons
Pic related
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.