[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you be polite when someone offers you ethnic holiday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: denver-colorado.jpg (3MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
denver-colorado.jpg
3MB, 1800x1200px
How do you be polite when someone offers you ethnic holiday foodstuffs?
>>
Remember that you're celebrating the birth of an "ethnic", middle-eastern religious figure
>>
>>8400923

Well, unless they're offering you literal shit or you're allergic to whatever it is, you say "wow thanks" and you eat it or at least make a go of it.

Because you aren't an asshole, OP.
>>
>>8400935
>>8400935
But what do you do when someone with a funny accent hands you an unknown foodstuff and everyone is expecting you to put it in your mouth?
>>
>>8400935

Jesus was an anglo

>>8400995

"No thank you"
>>
>>8400923
I will tip my driver when Domino's delivers my ethnic foodstuffs
>>
File: 220px-Organ_grinder_with_monkey.jpg (13KB, 220x337px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Organ_grinder_with_monkey.jpg
13KB, 220x337px
8401007 (You)
>>
>>8400995
You eat it, enjoy it, and ask them what it is so you can learn something and exepand your horizons. Then you give them something you made so they can do the same.
>>
>>8401062
don't bother. this flyover fuck doesn't understand anything but their own comfort zone.
>>
>>8400935
as well as a self-hating antisemite
>>
>>8400923
That's salt lake, not Denver. Retard
>>
I am a pasty midwestern american male who for very poorly thought ought reasons decided to travel a bunch and work in different countries for an aid/relief NGO

now everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is that the rest of the world can choke on a cock because that'd be just as good as most of their indigenous cuisine. I've gagged mid-meal before, multiple times in fact, from eating over-spiced or undercooked or clearly inedible 'food' prepared by people who love me and welcome me and want nothing more than for me to enjoy what they eat every day in their crushing poverty.

my advice is to choke down as much as you can then say things like "this has so much flavor, I'm too American and can't eat too much" or "I'm really going to tell my friends about this dish!" or "I wish I could take this home with me and take my time with it", none of which are lies.

Then when you get food poisoning in 4 hours and are vomiting into an outhouse toilet at least nobody will think you were an uncultured american who can't enjoy rock-filled rice with a side of peppers in oil and banana peel
>>
>>8401320
Liberal fag. People in your own country need help, yet you are catering to a bunch of Darkies overseas.
>>
>>8400923
>Go to ethnic party
>They order pizza for the three white guys raping their women
>Start eating the cool kid secret club food
>Everyone is speechless

Good food is good food, fucking mud bloods.
>>
>>8401329
true but standards for working for an international aid organization are way lower than they are working for a domestic program, so you can get away with a lot more working overseas than you can staying at home

for instance I can get angry and yell at retarded foreigners and call them all kinds of horrible things and that's just business as usual whereas doing the same thing in America would get me blacklisted immediately.
>>
>>8401345
I want to yell at niggers
>>
>>8401355
You don't have what it takes. Better just keep whining about them on anonymous imageboards
>>
>>8401360
Newfag
>>
>>8401297
>Salt Lake temple in the center of the picture and he doesn't notice
>>
>>8401866
Mormon detected.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.