[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bean burrito thread. Post your favorite recipes, Tips Tricks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: crispbean.png (69KB, 296x200px) Image search: [Google]
crispbean.png
69KB, 296x200px
Bean burrito thread.
Post your favorite recipes,
Tips
Tricks And
Anecdotes
>>
File: 0003940001696_500X500.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0003940001696_500X500.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>8397787

The most basic bean burrito I ever made consisted of these beans and a Kraft Singles slice inside a tortilla. I nuked the beans first, then nuked the tortilla with the cheese on it, then combined everything with a little leftover Taco Bell Fire sauce.

It wasn't bad at all.
>>
>>8397787
Thats a taquito not a burrito
>>
>>8397787
Not even gay but i wanna put that burrito in my ass
>>
>>8397787
How do you wrap the fuckers so beans/meat/molten cheese just doesnt piss out everywhere?
>>
>>8397927
It's an burquito actually
>>
>>8398186
Concentrate your efforts on one side, leave the other side open.
You can use sour cream or guac as a glue and sealer for the closed end.
>>
-Cook jasmine rice normally with butter, oil, and cilantro
-Transfer rice to a pan to dry up some of the moisture
-Add in a bunch of hot salsa to the rice and stir, cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat
-Add smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and chipotle chili powder and stir; remove from heat
-Heat up some canned black beans for about 10 minutes
-Chop up some tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos (pseudo pico de gallo)
-Chop up some iceberg lettuce
-Microwave tortilla for about 25 seconds
-Make the burrito with all the contents
-Put burrito on a pan for about 30 seconds on each side to make the tortilla slightly crispy
>>
>>8398734
I forgot to mention that sometimes I add strips of fried egg too. These things are super filling and tasty.
>>
bean burritos are nightmarishly retarded. there's no way to prevent the beans from squishing out, because it's a soft mush inside a fucking tortilla.

you people have no concept of mechanical food physics. none.

by any reasonable definition, there is no such thing as a bean burrito, it's an impossible food, it does not exist, you've never eaten one and never will, they can't exist in any rational or even platonic way. allow me to repeat myself: there is no such thing as a bean burrito, there never was, and there never will be.

now, you can have a burrito with shredded lettuce, cheese, tomato, beans, etc, because that gives it something to form mass with. it can resist the forces applied to it in eating. that's a real food.

bean burritos, however, don't even exist.
>>
>>8398738
Strips of egg?
>>
>>8398753
>a person exists who is too stupid to eat a bean burrito
>>
File: lard-006.jpg (209KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
lard-006.jpg
209KB, 1024x614px
Nuff said.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 960x907px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 960x907px
>>8401015
And we all hang out in the same place. What does this mean?
>>
paraece un pene enrrollado
>>
>>8401015
kek. That's exactly what I thought when I read that rant.
>>
>>8397791
I'm willing to bet that's exactly what taco bell does.
>>
>>8401029

From their website:

" ... the Bean Burrito, stuffed full of warm refried beans, real cheddar cheese, diced onions, and red sauce ..."

Looks like there's a bit more to it than that.
>>
>>8401029
Nope. We take a tortilla, put it on a flat grill for 5-ish (or 45) seconds, scoop some beans on there, put one pump of red sauce (maybe, almost never do) onions, and cheese on it, roll it up, wrap it in any of the papers, and hand it out. Most of the food comes frozen and we have to reheat it in a thermalizer (big ol' thing of simmering water)
>>
>>8401029
They toast it on a grill, it's faster too
>>
I fucking love bean burritos. They're just so satisfying for such a cheap meal.
I like making my own refried beans - I cook the beans myself using an old tried and true recipe for "ranch beans", then mash and fry them in bacon fat (or sometimes duck fat if that's the only meat fat I have in the fridge).
As far as cheese goes, I love asadero or oaxacan, but I'll also go full TexMex and do sharp cheddar, I'm not ashamed, it's delicious.
As far as hot sauce goes, I like Herdez salsa verde best, but I also like their salsa ranchera.
I heat the tortilla, then add the warm beans and cheese and roll it, then put it back on the griddle to get brown on all sides and a little crispy on the outside, so you get crispy and chewy both.
If I want something heartier, I'll add pan fried potatoes. A potato, bean, and cheese burrito is a thing of beauty.

When I feel like splashing out for more ingredients, my other favorite burrito is a chorizo, egg, and cheese.
>>
I always catch a lot of shit for my recipe among my spic friends but I love it regardless

>Put pintos in large pot with double or more water by volume
>Bring to boil, kill heat and lid up. Let beans sit for 1hr or more
>Add salt, 1 bay leaf and 2 cloves of whole garlic
>Boil until tender, checking roughly every 30 minutes
>Separate beans and juice, removing garlic and bay leaf
>Make a blonde roux with lard as the fat
>Add in the beans and enough juice to make it manageable to mash/blend
>Salt to taste

Some cheese and a good tortilla and you're well on your way to type 2 beetus
>>
File: bean burrito.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bean burrito.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
pinto or black beans (i'm partial to pinto)
made from dry, not canned (it really is worth the effort)
seasoned with S&P, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, chili powder, cumin, and oregano
rice
queso quesadilla
your hot sauce of choice (i'm partial to valentina or taco bell fire sauce)

wa la!
>>
>>8397787
If you're not making spanish rice with your burrito you're doing it wrong. Also if you like spice, chorizo will always be your best friend.
>>
>>8404460
As long as that rice isn't IN my burrito, I'm fine with it. Don't fucking dare put rice inside my burritos, ever. As a side, sure.
>>
>>8402918
ditch the cheese. It will still taste delicious and you'll lose weight too!
>>
>>8404485
I mean you do you, but I think a burrito without rice on the inside makes for a pretty bland burrito.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.