[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to make some macarons for a holiday party, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-12-22-21-57-04--292827054.jpg (5KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-22-21-57-04--292827054.jpg
5KB, 246x205px
I'm looking to make some macarons for a holiday party, and I'm not good with piping the same size disks.

I don't have the special silicon mats with the disk measurements on them, would pencil/pen do well on the other side of parchment paper? Or are there any other ways that I could measure out the same sized disks.
>>
Take the roll of toilet paper from your bathroom and use the inside of the roll for the perfect size. Then as a bonus it creates a nice air freshener when you return it to the bathroom. Never use a roll right out of the package. It needs the humidity of a day or two by the toilet to ensure a proper non stick surface.
>>
>>8396801
>print on paper
>place under parchment paper (really should get a silicon mat)
>shoot your goo
>remove paper
>bake
>throw away failed batch of macarons
>>
>>8396801
is this your first time making macarons?

You really shouldn't fuck with the recipe. I've heard people buy copper bowls just to make these things. And after they're done baking you're supposed to let them age for two days before eating them.
>>
>>8397000
This is too accurate.
>>
>>8397010
I've made a batch before this and they turned out to be perfectly done in the centers, with only a slightly off shell, although I had decided to eat the batch because most of them were different sizes, and they didn't look presentable at all.

Although the outside was a bit harder because I let them sit to dry a little while longer then I should have because I had to make the filling.
I made a mint-ginger filling with half, and a chcool ate raspberry for the other half.

The only part I needed to fix was the sizes I piped.
>>
>>8397000
Thanks for the advice, will post the results of the macaroons
>>
>>8396801
What is the appeal of macarons?

Any I have had have basically just been meringue biscuits, that although look pretty, always taste mediocre.

Give me a proper meringue with whipped cream and sauce anyday.

Have I just been unlucky?
>>
>>8397860
The recipie I used made a sweet cakey inside, although the outside wasn't as thin as I'd have liked.

I'm making an apple cinamon batch now with cinamon buttercream. Should turn out good.
>>
>>8397860
Maybe? There's something about the combo of the buttercream filling with the shell that's soft on the inside but a little crisp on the outside.

>>8397893
That sounds freaking delicious.
I have a friend who really likes to bake these and she's experimented with all sorts of flavours.

>orange shell with plain buttercream filling
Tasted like an orange creamsicle
>matcha
Tasty.
>matcha with rose filling
Best she's ever made.
>lavender
Good, but the flavour was a little too subtle.
>black sesame
The macaron was black with a grey filling (it was for Halloween, so it was nice and spoopy). Surprisingly very tasty.
>wintergreen
She fucked up, tasted like toothpaste.
>>
>>8396801
post tits
>>
>>8398659
I made the shells now, and since it is a Christmas party, I've decided to make pepermint macaroons, maybe crushed candycane in marshmallow creme to fill it. I am putting white chocoate shavings over the red shells so that they look like candycanes.

It's midnight here, so I'm just going to let them slowly cool while I sleep.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.