[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes uncle ben's boil-in-the-bag rice so much better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

What makes uncle ben's boil-in-the-bag rice so much better than regular rice?

I never knew rice could be this good until I tried it. Have me and my family been cooking regular rice wrong this whole time?
>>
msg and flavoring agents you dumb nigger
>>
>>8394412
It's plain you fuck nugget. Just rice in a bag. No flavorings added. You have to do that yourself.

>>8394407
By boiling it in the bag, it makes it impossible to mess up. It absorbs its perfect amount of moisture as long as you have enough water in the pan to boil. You remove it and press on it getting rid of any possible excess moisture. Perfectly cooked every time. With non-bagged rice if you mess up there is no fixing it if you add too much water. It just becomes a gross mess.
>>
>>8394673

>No way to fix it if you add too much water
I find pouring some out helps
>>
Steaming rice correctly is a matter of proportions, but even a retard can boil rice in a large amount of water to doneness and then strain in a colander. You are wasting your money. /ck/ can't cook
>>
>>8394688
for 20 years my mum stuck a cup of rice and 2 cups of water in a ricecooker and turned it on and for 20 years we ate shitty, thin, clumpy rice.

She's a kind soul.

Terrible chef, though
>>
>>8395102
What is the proper ratio?
>>
why do people think they need to cook rice with the exact amount of water?

just boil it like pasta with a fuck ton of water and then strain it when its soft

people over complicate shit
>>
>>8395138
a cup of rice and two cups of water

apparently
>>
>>8395138
>>8395163
no ratio
do what i do >>8395146

and stop ruining 80% of your rice making attempts because you think rice cooking is some special thing
>>
>>8395171
Or you just find the ratio that suits you and go with that. its about 2 times the water, depending on the rice you habe amd how hard you want it to be. ots not brain surgery, but I at least dint look down on ppl who cook it like pasta, vause fuck it as long as you arrive at the same destination: perfectly done rice.

Also, if you want to, you can overcook any rice, even uncle niggers bag'o'rice. i've seen people cook. bad people. people who suck at cooking so friggin hard.
>>
I'm Asian, and the most delicious to cook rice is in a clay pot. Especially if you cook a chicken or a 'yellow oil crab' on top so the oil goes down to the rice.

One way to eat rice, especially clay pot rice, is to stir in pork lard. This was what poor people in Hong Kong ate in the old days.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.