[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I recently tried tilapia and flounder and really liked both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: tilapia-fillet2[1].jpg (56KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tilapia-fillet2[1].jpg
56KB, 1024x768px
So I recently tried tilapia and flounder and really liked both of them (cooked in the pan, seasoned with lemon pepper), and would like to incorporate fish into my diet.

What are some things I can eat with fish to make it a full meal, also what other seasonings that are good to use? And what are some other mild fish I can try?
>>
>>8393838
Vegetables and carbohydrates are a good start. Try some swordfish, but grill it if you can.
>>
>>8393838
shrimp and scallops, if frozen, can be economical. look to pasta to accompany it.
>>
Eat it with plain rice. Sub it as chicken in stews.
>>
>>8393838
Buy Old Bay seasoning, it's supposed to be used with seafood.

2nding the shrimp recommendation, shrimp is really good, versatile, and pretty inexpensive.
>>
>>8393838
apart from all the grilled and crust-backed recipes don't forget you can make tasty fish soup or some stews. also look for pie recipes with fish.
>>
>>8393838
Talapia is like a blank canvas since it has such a mild flavor, feel free to season as you want. There really is no wrong answer
>>
>>8395611
Agreed. Tilapia has little flavor. It's like the tofu of fish...it becomes what you add to it and is fun to fuck around with.
>>
Salmon is a mild yet distinct fish thats easy as fuck to cook. Just bake that shit in the oven nigger. Season the top and olive oil. Skin sticks and the fish comes right off.
Times and temps vary and size of fish but a one person portion in a gas oven 350 degrees for about 15 mins i'd say? Maybe 20? with some rice and you've got fueg dinner.
>>
>>8393838
Black Cod or Sablefish is a fairly oily and meaty whitefish. It can be expensive, but its delicious and almost impossible to overcook.

8/10 would pan roast.
>>
>>8395477
Old Bay is the only seasoning you'll ever need
>>
>What are some things I can eat with fish to make it a full meal
Rice and vegetables. Make some soffritto (onion, celery, carrot) and toss that into whatever you're cooking. Pasta works well, too.

>what other seasonings
Old Bay is good with all seafood. Otherwise, salt, pepper, and lemon are the basics. And parsley. Lots of parsley.

>And what are some other mild fish I can try?
Cod, catfish, salmon.
>>
>>8393851

Seconding this. Frozen shrimp, 2lb bags, go on sale near me for $13.50 each. Very little difference from fresh once cooked. Frozen squid as well.

OP, Laura Vitale just made a video you could try. Cod is a bit more expensive than Tilapia, but you can experiment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9aeF16KlHE

For seasoning, I like to use lemon and butter on salmon, maybe some rosemary. I have heard good things about Old Bay but have never used it myself.
>>
Eat it raw with a bit of salt
>>
>>8393838
>And what are some other mild fish I can try?

Cod is tasty and widely available.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.