[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these worth the price? Thinking about buying one for making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Are these worth the price? Thinking about buying one for making cookies and pizza dough occasionally.
>>
>>8392473
if you are making your own dough more often than every couple of months, it's worth the money. you can use the time the machine takes to knead to do other prep work or whatever, making your cooking/ baking more efficient. the question is simply what kind of money you're ready to put down
>>
>>8392473
Definitely worth it if you do any sort of regular baking or sausage making. The sausage grinder attachment is sort of ok, but if you're mixing stuffing for sausage, the higher power motor really comes in handy for mixing thick/heavy mixtures.
>>
>>8392473

Will you use it? Then yes, definitely.

Check out local thrift stores, you can get one wayyy cheaper than new that will work perfectly.
>>
>>8392511
I burned out the motor on one just grinding 5lbs of meat, so I replaced it for my baking and bought a cheap 1500 watt grinder off amazon. Also, the sausage stuffer is pretty worhless and tough to use. For dough making and mixing sausage meat it's great though.
>>
they are essential if you want to make nice bread at home since it's really strainous to knead dough for one hour and even if you do you can't really emulate what the machine does what with kneading speed and all that.
>>
>>8392473
While I rarely use mine, I consider it an essential piece of equipment to own, and I'm very satisfied when I do use it.
>>
>>8392540
Yeah it definitely does better as a mixer than a grinder, particularly if you're doing batches bigger than 5lbs. I could never position the bowl for the grinder/stuffer attachment properly on it, it sat too high.
>>
>>8392540
>the sausage stuffer is pretty worhless and tough to use.

That's been my experience too. As a grinder it works great. I've done hundreds of pounds of sausage through mine. BUT it's miserable to stuff with.

I'd recommend one OP if you do any sort of remotely serious cooking. The ones with the bowl lift are much better than the ones with the tilting head. And if you shop around you can get a great deal on them. There's tons of sales, specials, and not to mention 2ndhand.
>>
>>8392559
>I've done hundreds of pounds of sausage
i don't believe you
>>
>>8392582

What's not to belive? I didn't say I did hundreds of pounds in one go. It's been many batches over several years, mostly pretty small ones in the 5-10 lb range. I've done a few in the 20-30 lb range.

I always divide them into 5 lb sub-batches because 5lbs is the most meat that will fit into the bowl of my mixer.

I only stuffed the first two batches using the KA attachment because as I said it sucks for stuffing. I certainly didn't mean to imply that I used the KA to stuff that much sausage....I just used it for the grinding.
>>
>>8392541
I heard that they can have some problems with firmer dough. Ever had any issues with the dough hook/motor?
>>
>>8392785
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the new KA have metal gears (snnnakkkkeee!!!).
>>
>>8392473
they are worth it but if youre lucky you can find one at a 'goodwill' or whatever second hand store you have. motors are good so they last. you can also use it to mix tons of shit for you.meatballs with all your goodies, frostings, ground chicken for sausage (the best), folding in ingredients while you do other shit. it can save you time.
>>
>>8392473
It's a lifesaver if you wanna bake but have an arm out of commission for whatever reason, but aside from that odd instance it's really a matter of will you use it enough to warrant it
>>
>>8392785
I bought one thst is a dough kneading machine specificaly and did not look totaly like ops pic but i bought it used and still have it. Never had issues with firmer doughs but i havent tried makibng a super fiirm one either
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.