[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poor with no idea how to cook. If I melt a bar of chocolate in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 13wmt-jumbo-v3.jpg (108KB, 1024x637px)
13wmt-jumbo-v3.jpg
108KB, 1024x637px
Poor with no idea how to cook. If I melt a bar of chocolate in a gallon of milk, will mix with the milk and not harden?
Kinda like a chocolate syrup?
>>
No you need a frothing want to do it like that otherwise the milk will harden it without it mixing. You could heat some milk on the stove, melt and mix the chocolate into that but with zero skill you'll definitely burn the milk.
>>
>>8392388
he won't listen
>30 minutes from now
>OP posts pic of pan of ruined milk with wads of milk skin, hunks of scorced milk scraped off the bottom of the pan, and half-melted chocolate squares floating in it
>why didn't you guys tell meeee
>>
>>8392401
>scorched*
the fuck did my h go
>>
File: 20161221_150326-1.jpg (682KB, 2117x2362px) Image search: [Google]
20161221_150326-1.jpg
682KB, 2117x2362px
I put some milk into a pot, put the chocolate into the microwave for a few seconds, plopped it into the milk and stirred until i thought it was done.
read about scorching milk on google, so i put a strainer over my cup before i poured.

its hot, but okay. good for cold weather anyway.
>>
File: 20161221_151003-1.jpg (748KB, 1952x2561px) Image search: [Google]
20161221_151003-1.jpg
748KB, 1952x2561px
top view
>>
Hey, just for the future, it's a good idea to melt the chocolate with two pots. One bigger pot is half-full of water, and the smaller one sits on top to the water in the bigger pot. Pour out water until there's still a good amount left, but not enough to get into the little pot.

When the little pot is heated by the boiling water, put in your crumbled chocolate bar with a little butter. You aren't messing it up, don't worry, and it will make it smoother. Stir constantly.

Then, stir in a little warm milk, then put the milk/chocolate mixture into the rest of your warm milk. Stir that up and enjoy your hot cocoa. I'd add cinnamon!

Also, I have tips for beginning cooks if you're still around and want to hear about it.

t. Student of the school of burned roasts and patience
>>
>>8393114
I'm not OP, but that was quite informative. Thank you.
>>
>>8393114
not OP, but i'd be interested in some tips.
>>
Glad to help!

>>8393402
Would you like to hear about

>cookwear and knives
>balanced and tasty groceries on a tiny budget
>making cheap meat taste good
>getting the most out of your produce aisle
>making fuck-up-proof curry and stew
>how to broth and stock
>a potpourri of my favorite cooking and baking staple recipes
>>
>>8394827
>you making a """"""""""quality"""""""""" post
>>
>>8394823
making chesp meat taste good pls
>>
>>8393114
cheap meat usually is either bland and has abad taste, in which case you can marinate it or dry rub it or brine it overnight (for a long time) to increase the flavor, or its tough so you can either scar it which is just crisscross cuts all over, tenderize it, and cook it in the proper manner. stews for really tough stuff, braising works too and would net you a nice gravy for some potatoes. just google "how to make cheap meat taste good" and replace cheap meat with whatever meat youre curious about, youll get all the information you could ever want about it
>>
>>8393397
It's the principle of a double boiler. You can even change the boiling point of the water with salt in theory
>>
To make Ganache:

Take 2 cups of cream and heat in the microwave in a bowl for about 2 minutes. Watch it so that it does not boil -- you want it hot but not that hot.

Take it out and throw in 12 oz of good quality dark chocolate and stir. Add a few tablespoons butter if you really want to be unhealthy.

Enjoy the best damn ice cream or dessert topping in the world.
>>
>>8394934
Also, for thicker ganache, reduce the cream to 1 1/2 cups or even less. Stirring it all in will be a bit harder, but keep at it. Use a wire whisk if you have one.
>>
>>8394934
>make Ganache
That s not "ganache" ...
Real ganache needs egg yolk, sugar, cream, vanilla, dark chocolate couverture (65% mini) and some hard liquor (orange, whiky, rhum, kaluah, etc)
>>
>>8394967
Good enough for most everyday applications. If you want to go fancier, then you can.
>>
>>8394967
>hard liquor
>"kaluah"/"orange"
wat no
>>
>>8396567
It's OK, just standard snobbery around here.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.