[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is canned fish safe, /ck/? I love canned sardines and salmon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 51a.png (35KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
51a.png
35KB, 320x480px
Is canned fish safe, /ck/?

I love canned sardines and salmon - cheap and really convenient. I don't know whether it's healthy, though. I mean about BPA and all that
>>
>>8389298
Stop being a pussy
>>
Look at the ingredients list before you buy. There shouldn't be much in there. The first two ingredients should be whatever fish it is and water or salt. Any chemicals/preservatives dont buy it.

I buy canned tuna and salmon frequently just to snack on, and occasional patties. Before eating it I usually rinse it out through a strainer. Get all that sodium off. Add water sauces/seasonings you want after. Perfectly safe.
>>
>>8389307
Yeah, I mainly ask about BPA. if you google that you'll find some worrying stuff..

Then again I've never heard anyone dying and people saying "You know why he died, right? He was eating canned sardines every day"
>>
>>8389312
You're probably fine with canned fish. There was a research study done on people who ate canned food and only found significant results with canned fruits + veggies, and canned pasta + soup.
>>
>>8389298
Have you considered canning your own? I bought 10 lbs of fresh wild caught sockeye salmon in July and followed the instructions from University of Alaska for canning smoked salmon and it's by far the best canned salmon you would ever eat. You have to have a pressure cooker, though.
>>
what i'm asking is WILL THEY KILL ME?
>>
>>8389450
No. You have to eat that shit for like every meal for it to effect you.
>>
>>8389312
Mercury poisoning is a legitimate concern.
>>
They have a lot of sodium, that's all
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.