[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend is a smart ass and she said that there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: cilantro.jpg (23KB, 658x272px) Image search: [Google]
cilantro.jpg
23KB, 658x272px
My girlfriend is a smart ass and she said that there's some gene which dictates if cilantro smells nice to you or reeks to you.

She loves cilantro and I want to vomit when I smell it. That's especially weird when considered, that we have similar palettes and tend to eat almost everything what's not dribbling of grease.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11914892
>>
>>8386578
Like any herb cilantro is fine in the right doses in the proper dish. Only thing I despise is a cilantro garnish, it's cheap and lazy.
>>
>>8386578
The cilantro taste is genetic. It tastes like soap to me. Like putting a bar of soap on your tongue.
The rest of my family does not have this.
You can look this up.
>>
>>8386649
op is literally retarded
he made up having a gf to ask a stupid question
he is shit tier genetic reject
>>
>>8386578

>we have similar palettes

Cute.
>>
If you think cilantro smells bad you have poor fucking genetics and no taste and you're probably a chicken tendie chomping faggot

I bet you wear glasses, have one or many food allergies, and needed braces as a kid you fucking malformed wastes of carbon.
>>
>>8386669
>If you think cilantro smells bad you have poor fucking genetics and no taste and you're probably a chicken tendie chomping faggot
I eat chicken tendies a lot for my gains,[spoiler] I'm /fit/izen.[/spoiler]

>I bet you wear glasses,
No.
>have one or many food allergies,
Zero allegries. Except cats.
>and needed braces as a kid you fucking malformed wastes of carbon.
My teeth are straight and I didn't need braces.
>>
It smells and tastes like stink bugs to me.
Could this potentially be why a lot of people don't like it?
It was an acquired taste for me.
>>
File: Make_ecb12c_901586.jpg (34KB, 356x450px) Image search: [Google]
Make_ecb12c_901586.jpg
34KB, 356x450px
>>8386771
>Zero allegries.
>Except cats.
>>
>>8386771

cool fucking blog bro

do you have an autobiography i can read up on

i'm really interested in knowing how a piece of shit did in life to make this wonderful contribution no one fucking asked for
>>
>>8386827
Sorry for that, man. I felt I need to protect myself against this charges.
>>
>>8386578
Not bothering with your faggot ass poll, but yes your girlfriend is right about it being genetic.
>>
>>8386795
Yup, there's a compound in Cilantro that reacts to your Olfactory senses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/24/why-does-cilantro-taste-bad-like-soap_n_7653808.html

>When people say they hate cilantro, they often attribute this food feeling to a soapy aftertaste. Thanks to a new video from SciShow, we finally know why cilantro tastes like soap for some 4-14 percent of the population.

“How cilantro tastes to you has a lot to do with your genes,” says SciShow’s Hank Green. He explains that after conducting a few separate studies, scientists were able to pin down most cilantro haters as people with a shared group of olfactory-receptor genes, called OR6A2, that pick up on the smell of aldehyde chemicals. Aldehyde chemicals are found in both cilantro and soap. Uh, yummy?
>>
>>8386578

this is racist
>>
I think it is genetics. It tastes soapy to me on its own, but quite tasty when it combined with other ingredients.
>>
Cilantro smells nice but tastes like soap.
>>
File: 1389122649305.png (25KB, 613x498px) Image search: [Google]
1389122649305.png
25KB, 613x498px
>>8387013
>huffingtonpost.com
>>
>>8387013
>for some 4-14 percent of the population
and right now the strawpoll is split 53-47
but it is only 25 votes
>>
Senpai i make cilantro salads. I cant get enough of it. "It's all about the right amount" bitch nigga you dont like it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.