/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't like the "curry spice" they sell at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: curryjack.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
curryjack.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
I don't like the "curry spice" they sell at the grocery store. Give me some suggestions on creating my own spice blend for when I make curry.
>>
Salt and pepper. Just be careful with the pepper.
>>
Mine's usually just coriander, tumeric, cumin, and chilis (I'm usually making a paste so I use fresh, but if you literally just want a spice, you could use powdered). Sometimes ginger.
>>
>>8382697
Those 4, but also ginger and garlic. If I want more Thai style I substitute galangal for ginger and add lemongrass, coriander root and lime zest, too. Important: I use fresh turmeric, not dried.
>>
>>8382582
Cumin, tumeric, fenugreek, and ginger is a good base to work from.
>>
>>8382586
fucking idiot
>>
What are yous guys' thoughts about using a bit of dry mustard in the curry?
>>
>>8383739
Try it. Curries are literally just a spice mixture. There are really no rules other than fresh and good quality ingredients. Even in India and Thailand, every grandma has her own recipe.
>>
Turmeric
Cumin
Coriander
Cayenne
Ground peppercorns
A bit of paprika
And some shit which goes in the oil at the very beginning if I happen to have it, like cloves or cardamom or star anise.

Obviously ginger and garlic as well. It's not curry if it doesn't have ginger and garlic.
>>
>>8383889
I saute fresh garlic and ginger when I make curry
>>
>>8383922
Well yeah, that's what you're supposed to do. I didn't know what those guys upthread were talking about, they seemed to imply that they were occasionally making curry without ginger/garlic
>>
>>8383926
I thought they were using the granulated stuff, which seems degenerate to me
>>
>>8383926
>upthread didn't use ginger or garlic when literally the third post uses ginger and garlic.

Fuck the hell off.
>>
>>8383448
well, this thread is retarded
>Give me some suggestions

look up the recipe list
don't get suggestions from 4chan cooking board
don't you read these threads?
>>
>>8384965
If you don't have anything sensible contribution to make you can kindly fuck off.
>>
>>8382582
Here's a link to regional Indian recipes, where the spices are mixed from scratch. This is the chicken page, navigate to the bottom for seafood and vegetarian pages. I like the stuff from Karala & Goa the best, but all are good and absolutely worth a try
http://www.syvum.com/recipes/inc/
>>
>>8385470
And Garam masala is a must: http://www.syvum.com/cgi/online/serve.cgi/recipes/srcpm6.tdf?0
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.