[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make brown sauce from scratch out of a simple turkey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How do I make brown sauce from scratch out of a simple turkey breast? My mom always made it but I can't ask her because she died half a year ago.
>>
>>8382556
>My mom always made it but I can't ask her because she died half a year ago.

That's no excuse.
>>
Are you cooking the turkey in an oven? If so, get a frying pan on medium heat, melt some butter, add flour, sautee butter-flour mix until golden brown. Add turkey drippings and/or broth. If you're doing potatoes with the turkey, some of the potato water would be beneficial as well. Reduce over medium-high heat until thickened, stirring consistently.
>>
>>8382584
thanks for your answer. I'm cooking the turkey breasts in a pan but your answer will come in handy sooner or later.
>>
>>8382556
>butter, or some other form of fat
>flour
>heat and whisk until browned to how you want
>slowly add chicken or turkey stock
>keep adding liquid until you think it's thick enough
>also add pan drippings, i would deglaze the cooking pan with some wine or some of the stock
>>
>>8382556
Sorry for your loss bro.
>>
Kitchen Bouquet Browning & Seasoning Sauce
>>
>>8382556
>?
Google you little motherless faggot.
>>
>>8382556
yeah she choked on my dick
>>
>>8382556
You can't make gravy from just turkey breast. The best you could do is make a roux and add turkey/chicken stock, but even that's going to taste bland.

The proper way to do it is to get a big roasting pan filled with vegetables such as carrots, onions, celery and garlic, and then to roast an entire turkey on top of those vegetables in an oven.

After the turkey is cooked, you'll have loads of pan drippings + caramelized vegetables. You make the gravy directly in the roasting pan. Remove the turkey, heat up the pan over the stove, add some flour and whisk, then slowly add in turkey stock (you can also add some wine if you want, but do that first to cook the alcohol off)

Keep whisking and making sure to scrape any burnt bits from the bottom of the pan, these will add a ton of flavor. Also make sure to break up/mash the vegetables (don't worry if the gravy is lumpy at this point).

Once the gravy is as thick as you'd like, pass it through a sieve into a large jug/bowl, or another pan if you want to be able to heat it up later.
>>
>>8382556

Add lots of wheat to the jus (that's French for meat juice) and whisk.

Add some butter and whisk again.

Reduce and let rest for about 10 mins.

Add water if necessary
>>
What's brown sauce?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.