[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just been informed we're going to a fondue restaurant Christmas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Switzeland-Fondue.jpg (36KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
Switzeland-Fondue.jpg
36KB, 620x413px
just been informed we're going to a fondue restaurant Christmas eve. what to expect? bread and cheese dipped in cheese?
>>
>>8381582
Better research it heavily, otherwise the mild surprise and anticipation will trigger your autism.
>>
>>8381582
You get to pay to cook your own food.
>>
If it's anything like the fondue parties of the 70's then you're going to eat a bunch of shit with cheese on it. Afterwards all of the guys are going to throw their car/house keys into a sack and the girls are going to pick out the keys blindly. The girl then goes home with the owner of the key.
>>
Vegetables, bread, tofu or just about anything else.

Fuck I didn't even know people still did the whole fondue thing.

>>8381645

>swinger parties

Gross.
>>
If it's a proper swiss fondue place, it'll be more than just melted cheese in a pot. In traditional fondue, there is wine, lemon, flavors of garlic and nutmeg, and all sorts of other things. Bottom line, it's not a meal, but not a snack either. Kinda somewhere in between.
>>
>>8381652
Melting Pot is a pretty popular establishment on the US east coast. I could take or leave the food but the deserts are amazing.
>>
>>8381666
This is accurate information
>>
>>8381666
Devil trips. Checked
>>
bring your own food you want covered in cheese
>>
>>8381680
>Bring your own food into a restaurant
Yeah that's not a huge faux pas.
>>
Bring a Taco Bell item, make a big scene about it and refuse to even touch the fondue then act like everyone else is the bad guy
>>
Dump ranch into the cheese.
>>
>>8381622
kek
>>
Diarrhea
>>
>>8381582
If it's a decent restaurant you'll get stuff such as steak cubes, sliced onion, tuna chunks. I like tofu or lamb best.
Fondu is great.
>>
>>8381658
>Lemon
>Fondue is not a meal
Va t'enculer avec la bite de ta mère connard.
>>8382185
>Steak
>Onion
>Tuna
>Tofu
>Lamb
>In fondue

Kill yourself my man.

Given I'm assuming you fucks are in the U.S., what you'll get as fondue will be melted crackerbarrel or the like with cubes of ready sliced white bread.

In France, at least there will be decent bread which is at least slightly stale, but the cheeses used will not melt homogenously and will most probably separate the oil from the solids without the use of an obscene amount of cornstarch, which in turn will make the fondue heavy and unpleasantly granular.

If you're in Switzerland, and you go to a fondue restaurant, you will get ripped off, for the raw ingredients for you to make the best fondue you could wish for would cost 7 CHF at most, and get sold to you in restaurants in versions you could most often do better at home for 25CHF or more.

I'm not going to get defensive about the "authenticity" of Swiss fondue, but I will tell you that the cheese mixture most conducive to a uniform texture and depth of flavour is a one to one by weight ratio of Vacherin Fribourgeois and Gruyère. A crushed garlic clove is to be rubbed on the heated bottom of the caquelon, which is started off on the stove, before a good two glasses of white wine and a tablespoon of cornstarch are added, stirred, and heated till the wine bubbles but is far from losing its alcohol. The cheese, grated, is then added to the mixture and emulsified together to make a single mixture without any separated solids.

The bread shall preferably be thick brown bread, with a formidable crust so as to keep the fondue fork in place, and shall preferably slightly stale. The fondue itself is inaugurated by a large wide bottomed class of kirsch placed in the fondue pot; the host then takes his bread on the fork, places it inside the glass of kirsch, and pushes the glass with the kirsch under the fondue for the first bite.
>>
File: IMG_1128.jpg (32KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1128.jpg
32KB, 220x300px
>>8382255
>he thinks fondue relates only to cheese.
What is fondue bourguignonne?
Retard.
>>
>>8382255

>he assumes any fondue places in the USA are using cracker barrel or other shit cheese

Maybe if you're a retard and get your fondue from TGIF's or some other shit chain. Otherwise, it's clear you don't know anything and are just saying that to be an edgelord. I can think of 3 different places in NYC that do it properly; I should know, considering I'm friends with the executive chefs at all 3.
>>
>>8382260
Do they put HFCS in their fondue?
>>
>>8382255
this tough
cheese fondue only fondue
>>
>>8382258
>Fondue Bourguignonne
If you feel like wasting good steak in hot oil, you really are a fucking pleb.
>Inb4 fondue chinoise
Congratulations, the mash up of two incompatible food traditions creates a similarly excruciating dish to eat.

I will also relate that properly speaking, neither of these dishes "sont fondus", as in melted, so in effect I would say that your claim as to my retardation is nothing more than projection.

>>8382260
>implying that 3 places in NYC which you happen to know the executive chefs at are entirely representative of American fondues
Sure, I was generalising, but I'd hazard that the average fondue you'd get in America is closer to my description than yours. I can imagine that your friends' fondues are quality, but I can't imagine that they are the norm rather than the exception.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.