[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, im planning on trying something out, with no real recipe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: NOT EMPENADAS.jpg (154KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
NOT EMPENADAS.jpg
154KB, 1024x682px
Hey /ck/, im planning on trying something out, with no real recipe here. would you tell me if it sounds nasty?

Basically, an apple turnover but with cheesecake inside. I was planning on doing it like this:

>Make standard cheesecake filling and pastry dough
>Reduce apples in a saucepan with cinnamon and sugar.
>put a small layer of cheesecake filling onto the dough, and then cover with spoonful of apples
>fold up pastry and chuck it in the oven for 20 min at 400F.

Good idea? Maybe different fruit would work better, but i got apples.
Maybe prebake the cheesecake a little? Im going in blind here.
>>
That sounds good but I'd probably get beetus on the spot if I ate one.
I would be light on the cheesecake filling, don't overdo it.
>>
>>8376940
I'd say try it if you have the resources to spare. You might make something pretty damn good.
>>
>>8376976
If i were to make it, should i halve the sugar in both apples and cheese, just to keep the overall sugar content in control?
>>
>>8377078
I would if I were making it for myself and a few others. This is just personal preference, but I don't care for pastries that are overly sweet/rich, but ultimately it's your call.
>>
>>8377142
Hmm come to think of it, would I even need sugar in the cheesecake if the majority of the sweetness would be derived from the apples?
The purpose of the cheesecake would be more for texture, rather than sweetness.
>>
>>8377203
Not a bad idea, maybe half the sugar for the filling if anything. But like
>>8376983 said, if you have the resources, you should try it out, experiment a bit until you get it right.
>>
This sounds really tasty anon! I have a huge sweet tooth, but I think full sugar content in the apple reduction and cheesecake filling would be fine 3bh. I feel like it's going to have an overall sweetness on the tier of a regular slice of apple pie a la mode, which isn't outrageous for such a decadent dessert
>>
>cream cheese
>400 degrees
>20 minutes
yeah lay some foil down in the bottom of the oven first

You should put the filling in afterward with a pastry sack.
>>
>>8376940
Kind of sounds like this: http://www.food.com/recipe/applebees-chimicheesecake-90162
>>
It sounds like it could pass for a Central European idea
>>
>>8376940
THIS SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING. I WOULD AGREE WITH OTHER ANONS THAT HAVE STATED NOT TO GO OVERBOARD WITH THE CHEESECAKE FILLING IN TERMS OF TOTAL AMOUNT AND OVERALL SWEETNESS. IF YOU ATTEMPT THIS IDEA I WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU TO POST YOUR RESULTS.
>>
>>8376940
having done this already, it works
how ever I would suggest you use a flakey pastry dough otherwise it will be very very heavy and chewy not the pleasant light mouth feeling you are looking for...also the two fillings will separate in the pocket with the apple being on the bottom , I have done pies this way on purpose especially the little 5 inch pies . I partially bake the shell a bit ..the add two spoon of cream cheese filling the two spoons of either peach or cherry filling ...when fully baked the creamcheese filling always floats to the top ....it does the same in my pocket fruit pies as well......
hope this helps
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.