[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a general mushrooms thread? I just got a bunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: morels.jpg (156KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
morels.jpg
156KB, 800x600px
Can we have a general mushrooms thread?

I just got a bunch of dehydrated morel mushrooms from a coworker and they are delicious as fuck. They grow on an island nearby during the spring and I'm hoping to go hunting for them when the snow thaws.

What kind of mushrooms do you co/ck/s like?
>>
>>8373965
I don't get down on edible fungus.
>>
I pick chants and chickens and puffballs in the local preserve. I haven't been been able to locate any morel patches sadly.
>>
>>8373965
You should try chantrelles with your eggs next time. Even better in an omelette.
>>
Anyone know a good area in the northwestern part of washington state to hunt for some in the spring?
>>
>>8373965
My favorite kind are psilocybin.
>>
>>8374861
Amen. But not so tasty.
>>
>>8374868
Damn shame, that.
>>
>>8373965
how can i get into shrooms?
ive tried shitake and i think buttons, but none of them left an impression.
is it the way i cook them?
how cook shrooms?
>>
>>8374856
I'm also in this part of Washington and interested in picking mushrooms; though I know next to nothing about it and would honestly prefer some recommend reading material first.
>>
>>8374912
Shiitake are one of my favorites because they're really flavorful, but the fun of most odd mushrooms is their shape/texture. If you have a local Asian grocer try to find some beech, wood ear, king trumpet, oyster, or matsutake and find recipes online for them. More expensive mushrooms are kind of rare, especially out of season. Whole Foods cycles them fresh into their produce section sometimes, and some local grocers where I live keep dried morels, porcini, chanterelles, and lobster mushrooms in the produce section.

The best way to cook a button mushroom is to brown chopped onions in olive oil and mix in sliced mushrooms, cooking them until they're soft. My preferred way to cook a new mushroom when I just want to give it a try is to slice and sautee it with minced garlic.
>>
>>8374912
My favorite way to cook shrooms I just with butter in a pan. Sautee that shit.
>>
>>8373979
Yeah! Yucky sucky we don't want no mushy, just give us tendies!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.