[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooking QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: ramsay1.jpg (40KB, 366x550px) Image search: [Google]
ramsay1.jpg
40KB, 366x550px
Cooking Questions that don't deserve their own thread

My question relates to mixing cooking oils.

Can you do it?

I was gonna make some fried chicken later, which I've already whipped up and chilling in the fridge, however I've just realised that I've got fuck all canola oil, my preferred fryer for chicken. I've got plenty of olive oil but whenever I deep fry in that the breading browns or burns extremely quickly and the chicken ends up undercooked.

Can I use what I've got of the canola oil and then sort of top it up with the olive to get a deep enough pool to fry or will it simply not be discernibly different from using just olive oil?
>>
yes you can mix cooking oils

you shouldn't deep fry with olive oil, due to its low smoke point
>>
>>8372394
As long as you watch the temperature deep frying with OO is fine.

Just don't use premium oil for that.
>>
>>8372417

No even if you cook it low enough for the smoke point it will end up soggy with grease and undercooked.
>>
>>8372386
please DO NOT fry shit on Olive Oil or EVOO
go buy some canola oil or veg from the store
personally i like sunflower, it adds a great flavour
>>
Fill to the midway point of the chicken and shallow fry them. If you're using any more than 2:1 canola:olive it's gonna be bad.
>>
If I make nachos with salt and vinegar chips will it be good?
>>
OP, it depends on your Olive OIl. Some olive oils have a high smoke point (higher than canola). If you have the 320 smoke point OO then fry at 320, which you should for dark meat anyway.
>>
Bread pan

Light or dark metal?
>>
>>8372394
What if I want the food to have a smokey flavor?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.