[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's that time again! What did you make /ck/?: Holiday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6947.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6947.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
It's that time again!

What did you make /ck/?: Holiday Edition

I made German Apple Cake. A thank you to the anon from the old furher cake thread who posted his recipe . It came out great.

What did you make /ck/? What are you planning on making for the holidays even.
>>
>>8366062
Yellow bean casserole.
>>
>>8366074
Anything special you do with it anon? Casseroles tastes wise have always been hit or miss for me.
>>
>>8366062
Ich lebe jetzt schon ne Weile in Deutschland, aber so nen Apfelkuchen hab ich noch nie gaysehen.
>>
>>8366083
I typically go with cream of celery rather than cream of mushroom...or one can of each. I'll also throw in a curve-ball veggie like bok choy or leeks

I don't have a fryer, so I have to buy canned french fried onions...but it put it in the mix and then hit the top again when it's about halfway done. I'm also cooking a ham, with pineapple...but I refuse to divulge how I do it.
>>
File: 2016-12-10 04.26.51 2-1.jpg (279KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-10 04.26.51 2-1.jpg
279KB, 800x600px
so far I've only made demi-glace that I will use in sauces. cheap steak unrelated, used it to test the sauce. Oh and I'm aging eggnog that I made a week or two ago.

Other things I'm making for work:
-Either meatballs with a sauce using demi-glace or stuffed mushrooms.
-Berry financiers and ginger cookies.

Things I'm making for family:
-sous vide prime grade rib roast w/wine, shallot, and demi-glace sauce.
-something with kabocha squash, maybe puree.
-serious eats roast potatoes
-possibly choux au craquelin if I have time, if not then more financiers.
>>
>made
gingersnaps
florentine lace cookies
lebkuchen
yule log
sacher torte

>will make
pfeffernusse
another yule log
black forest cake with cranberries instead of cherries
chocolate peppermint truffles
maybe a gingerbread cake
>>
Extremely new to cooking so all I've made so far is braised red potatoes in rosemary and garlic. I used a homemade chicken stock I got from my aunt though and they turned out phenomenal.
>>
>>8366102
Leeks are fucking delicious so good choice anon.
>>
I've been cooking for a few years now, but now I want to get into baking. My mom and aunt bought me a stand mixer and it's been sitting virtually untouched for far too long. I figure this is the best time of year to figure out baking. I was planning on making some spiced espresso cookies I found online, and I probably should make some bread as well.
>>
>>8366611
Don't let baking seem too daunting. The trick is to follow the measurements to a T. Stand mixers are your best friend when it comes to baking. It helps you multi task and not wear your wrist out. You'll need practice of course but before you know it you'll be a baking frenzy.
>>
I made a cheesecake for the first time, lemon flavored.
>>
>>8366611
Zucchini bread is GOAT
>>
>>8366062
Recipe?
>>
File: German Apple Cake.png (116KB, 1468x598px) Image search: [Google]
German Apple Cake.png
116KB, 1468x598px
>>8366803
Here you go anon. Good thing I screen capped it.
>>
Most recently, cranberry almond bread, with a layer of cranberry sauce and almond butter inside.

Not sure what I'll make next. I'm thinking of trying to make Breton buckwheat cake.
>>
>>8367278
I bet it was delicious. I love cranberry and almond.
>>
>>8366115
>Black Forest cake

Das it mane
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.