[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I detox from alcohol? I've been drinking heavily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

How do I detox from alcohol? I've been drinking heavily for the last few years but I simply have to stop. The deadline for my doctoral thesis is in three weeks and I've done fuck all as I'm either drunk or hungover all the time.

Pls help me /ck/, I can't fail now :(
>>
There's this place you can go called "detox" where you stay for between 3-4 days and up to a week, and people help you get through the process of withdrawals.

Next time try Google.
>>
>>8365066
Ever try to quit cold turkey? Try drinking some Kava tea, maybe it'll take the edge off and help you sleep.
>>
Idk how much your drinking daily/weekly etc. But a taper will reduce withdraws. I got my drinking down to a reasonable level(about a bottle of wine a night) not perfect but better then 3 bottles a night. Anyway i just tapered. A valium here or there wont hurt to help sleep. And a bag of weed. Other than that it just sher will. Good luck anon
>>
File: 1472935107799.jpg (155KB, 718x848px) Image search: [Google]
1472935107799.jpg
155KB, 718x848px
>>8365066
Sweat lodge or weed
>>
>>8365066
Taper down so you can still be productive. But you will need a little booze for a thesis
>>
>>8365066
You have already failed.

Consider this: you dont deserve to be awarded a doctoral degree. You're a drunk, lower your goals accordingly.

Intelligent people get cynical quickly and often turn to drugs and alcohol. You will continue to struggle with this your entire life, there is no magic cure, you're kinda fucked now. Sorry dude, I fell into that trap too.
>>
>>8365072
>>8365080
>>8365086
>>8365088
>>8365093
Don't do this, it creates mustard gas
>>
>>8365066
Try smoking weed before bed. Drink plenty of water and eat something sweet to eliminate cravings. Visit r/stopdrinking for more support (I know its leddit but its actually a good sub)
>>
>>8365100
Can confirm that it creates mustard gas. I almost died.

But for real OP, all those are good suggestions.
>>
>>8365080
I'm a bit scared of quitting cold turkey incase I get really bad withdrawals. I'll look into Kava tea.

>>8365086
>>8365093
Last night I had a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of wine. I think the best bet would be to try taper down with beer, just need to have enough willpower to stop once the beers run out. Very difficult to get weed here and its not worth it if caught or believe me I wouldn't even be touching alcohol.

>>8365098
Maybe I don't deserve it but I've already got a job lined up so as long as I can get the cunt I don't care if I deserve it or not.
>>
>>8365066
do not just drop the habit immediately. You can very easily die from withdrawal of alcohol or opiates.
Heroin and all the other hard drugs you can drop cold turkey, it will fucking suck and make you feel like crap but won't kill you.

alcohol and benzos however will kill you if you quit instantly. Taper it down. Start with 75% of your usual for a week. Then drop down to 50% for the next week. 25% the next. and then 10...5....0

fuck alcohol.

come work in the ER and see what years of that shit does to people.

If you can't manage to do it on your own you could go to your primary care physician and ask if he could put you on an alcohol detox schedule. if he agrees, he will give you something call ativan which hits the same receptors as alcohol and gives the same feeling but not as fucking destructive to your body as alcohol is. He will use this to taper you off of alcohol.

do you realize you are literally killing the cells inside your body to release that feeling? imagine drinking a mild bleach. It eats away inside of you.

Good Luck anon, be safe about it. get your fucking paper done, give a big fuck you to alcohol and marketing that made you think drinking alcohol is "normal or ok or safe", and enjoy life.
>>
>>8365137
Cheers bro

>>8365146
Muh pepe :(
>>
>>8365066
Buy a gun and take a dose of lead you fucking waste of humanity.
>>
>>8365146
Wait, we cant have Pepe here? Where the fuck did that rule come from?
>>8364635
Pepe still lives in other threads.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.