[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best foods for when you have little to no kitchen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1475819995012.jpg (21KB, 328x353px) Image search: [Google]
1475819995012.jpg
21KB, 328x353px
What are the best foods for when you have little to no kitchen access? I'm living out of my car for a few weeks, and have no real way to refrigerate or cook, but I'd like to eat something other than peanut butter sandwiches and trail mix.
>>
Canned meats or fuck go to a camp ground and camp
>>
buy a primus stove and a 6" cast iron so you can at least make eggs and shit
>>
>>8363597
I'm in the middle of a pretty big city, getting out to camp grounds is not particularly convenient.

What kind of canned meat? I don't feel like I see that around very often.
>>
>>8363601
I really don't have a lot of cash to spare, and don't have a ton of space to work with. I was glad to find out that Walmart basically has a don't ask don't tell policy for cars staying in their lots overnight, but cities don't really like it, and I don't want to push my luck.
>>
>>8363605
Corned beef hash. Protein, carbs in one can with minimal bullshit...and tolerable cold. Also if you have gas money you can use your engine to heat up canned food.
>>
>>8363660
This guy is pretty smart
>>
>>8363551
For me it is the McChicken.
>>
Fruit you disgusting slob
>>
Go to walmart or an army surplus store and buy MRE rations their pretty cheap. it's all obviously meant for making and eating outside so it should suit you fine. It'll even be hot to because most MRE's now have flameless ration heaters.
>>
>>8363833
The trail mix is all nuts and dried fruit m8
>>
Can you get boiling water? You can make instant ramen and instant soups.
>>
>>8363877
I don't know why this didn't occur to me, but it definitely sounds worth checking out
>>
>>8363888
I've heard there are water boilers that made for a car, but I haven't really looked for them yet
>>
>>8363601
This is the best suggestion. You can basically make anything that isn't roasted or baked. Prepping fresh stuff will be a bitch in your car since you won't be in a campground, though. Afterall, you can unobtrusively stay in a walmart parking lot, but you can't set up camp. So you'll probably be stuck with canned food that you can heat on the portable stove to make palatable, deli meats and cheeses, fresh fruit, canned fish, bread, tortillas etc. Perhaps some ground meat.
>>
>>8363551
i heard tinned sardines are good, i always thought they looked gross but apparently they havent bioaccumulated as many chemicals as larger fish
>>
In the future, buy a $10 camping stove attachment off amazon and screw it onto a canister of fuel. Insta portable kitchen access
>>
>>8364109
In the future I hope not to be homeless, but it's a good idea. That would be a versatile thing to own
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.