[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm drunk and thinking of subscribing to Bon Appetite magazine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: baCOVER590.jpg (110KB, 433x590px) Image search: [Google]
baCOVER590.jpg
110KB, 433x590px
I'm drunk and thinking of subscribing to Bon Appetite magazine for a year.

Is this a good idea?
>>
If you haven't subscribed to cook's illustrated do that first.

I've had subscriptions to both and found cooks illustrated way more useful.

Bon Appetit has some beautiful and tasty looking food, but 95% of I would never make.
>>
The magazine is half ads, but I'll admit that I've collected quite a few recipes from them over the years. I honestly love getting magazines in the mail, but there isn't a single one that I really feel is worth it (used to to get Lucky Peach for it's first 4 or so years but that went downhill fast).
>>
>>8361857
Hell no. Got it as a gift, but it's all coastie food tourism and trending bullshit. Get cook's illustrated and/or cook's country. Also, from those two magazines, never make them to-the-letter. Trying to satisfy everyone (tasting panel approved recipes) satisfies no one.
>>
>>8361857
No.
>>
>>8361857
considering it's like $4 or so for a year at discountmags when they have a sale, sure. it's worth about that.
>>
>>8361857
Magazines are only good for stacking up on the back of your toilet.
I guess its good to look at glossy pictures of food you'll never cook while releasing your bowels full of frozen pizza. It reduces the risk of your shitty Android 4.4 phone by HTC dropped in the toilet. Although any HTC phone belongs in the toilet.
Bon Appétit! Now I want to evacuate my bowels.
>>
if you like paying money for cover to cover ads. it's like paying for television and having to watch commercials, except with television you might get some content, if you reduce a magazine down you -might- wind up with 2 remarkable things
>>
The big supermarket chains in Australia do free cooking magazines. When you combine that with the internet, there is absolutely no reason to pay for cooking magazines. Every third/fourth meal I cook is from one.
>>
>>8361869
Do this - also Saveur is GOAT

To be honest Bon Ape Tit is kinda mom tier
>>
>>8361857
Did some fucking faggot chef just sprinkle herbs de provonce on top of roasted chicken?

like what the fuck
>>
Lucky Peach and Cooks Illustrated >>>> Bon Appetit
>>
>>8363640
can confirm, saveur is goat
>>
>>8361857
PRETTY MUCH ANY IDEA YOU CONCEIVE WHILE DRUNK IS A BAD ONE BY DEFAULT.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.