[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why noone here talks about cooking in a bag (heatproof plastic,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: get_img.jpg (24KB, 478x319px) Image search: [Google]
get_img.jpg
24KB, 478x319px
Why noone here talks about cooking in a bag (heatproof plastic, not usual ones), or at least en papillote, in foil?
>easy
>better cooked insides
>uses less oil
>keeps all the juices inside
>>
>>8361307
Huh?
>>
>>8361307
because browning makes things taste better.
>>
>>8361307
because the bag will melt, retard. why would you want to eat a molten bag for dinner?
>>
>>8361314
You put all your products in a bag, seal it (not completely airproof, or it will explode) and put in an oven. It feels like a half-way between steaming and normal baking. If you want to have a crust, just open a packet for last 10-20 minutes.
I just can`t go back to normal way.

But i never saw someone using it here, on /ck.
Is there a superior way or people just don`t know?
>>
>>8361335
That still made no sense
>>
>>8361333
Noma
>>
File: granite ware.jpg (102KB, 1024x559px) Image search: [Google]
granite ware.jpg
102KB, 1024x559px
>>8361335
>Is there a superior way or people just don`t know?
Get a cheap covered roaster such as graniteware. You are not getting the benefit of gravy making from your caramellized drippings, only the benefit of not checking your roast for needing water to prevent the drippings from scorching. You have less evaporation in the bag, so it's cheat mode for like when you're staying in some cabin in the mountains and do not have access to your usual equipment you love and prefer. You have easy cleanup but at a cost of flavor in browned drippings and texture in your meat crust. It's like the equivalent of crock pot vs oven baked. It's dissimilar. The latter is best. The crock pot is like steamer buffet food. At some point, you don't care, but if you did, it's not much work with a covered roasster. I like the dark colored roaster surface. Makes an excellent sunday roast.
>>
File: they don't melt.jpg (467KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
they don't melt.jpg
467KB, 2000x2000px
>>8361333
>why would you want to eat a molten bag for dinner?
Do you get out much?
>>
>>8361307

Honestly the only peoplevI've seen do this were my ex girlfriends sister and her mother. They were those health food freaks who wouldn't use salt, fat and eat gluten free shit because of some article by faux food scientists. Needless to say I hated eating their food because it was absolutely terrible.
>>
>>8361358
>it was absolutely terrible.
For you
>>
>>8361356
well, not really, no, but what does that have to do with anything? i still wouldn't want to eat a molten bag. how could that possibly taste good?
>>
>>8361307
Op not sure if this is what you are talking about but sous-vide style food is great
>>
>>8361374
Good meem
>>
>>8361307
yes, carcinogens make your food considerably better
>>
>>8361387
Thanks dude I try my hardest desu
>>
>>8361388
You do know that any roasted food contains carcinogens, regardless of oil, smoke and pan?
>>
>>8361307
Nice post newfag. You know that what you're describing is a poor man's sous vide. Sous vide is the new rage among /ck/ imbeciles, who think a centuries old technique that drew attention because the pop chef, Realto Attentinalo, demonstrated it one time, shortly before he came out with his cute, $899.99 sous vide machine.
>>
>>8361401
I thought was only any parts that burnt

even then does that justify adding more carcinogens to your food?
>>
>>8361307
>>8361356
I have never trusted oven safe or microwave safe plastic.

They may have created plastic that doesn't melt but for fuck sake. It's still plastic. Get that shit away from your food.
>>
>>8361307
It's kind of a forgotten thing at the moment. My aunt used to make some amazing country hams cooked in a bag.
>>
Its not forgotten, its just uncommon and often not necessary.
There are plastic bag liners for slow cookers that are okay, there will be no browning in there anyway. But at the same time, there should be no sticking, so what's the point? I think the point is easy cleanup, but washing a crock is already easy. Maybe not for the old ones where you cant remove the stoneware insert.
Wrapped food does have the occasional advantage. Have a look at this video from Chef John and see if you think it has merit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoLn6ijPCLE
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.