[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most "meme food" you've seen at a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: killthememes.jpg (1MB, 3318x2212px) Image search: [Google]
killthememes.jpg
1MB, 3318x2212px
What is the most "meme food" you've seen at a restaurant.

I recently went to a sushi restaurant and saw a sushi roll with:

bacon
avocado
aioli
sriracha

That's 5 memes if you count sushi itself being a meme, christ
>>
Do you always use the word meme like Smurfs use the word smurf?
>>
>>8359655
The most annoying meme is the one where people act superior because they dislike something that most other people like just to be contrary. Those guys suck
>>
>>8359665

Young people are empty vessels. They say what they read. They're too fucking stupid to know how stupid they sound. It's like listening to a toddler. Gamma makes me toast.. Gamma.. I love Gamma. Just listen to it like you do a small child.
>>
went to le gavroche. had a lobster mousse with champagne sauce and caviar and an artichoke stuffed with foie gras and truffles. classic french meme foods
>>
>>8359665
yes, they do.

>hey /ck/ do americans really eat this kind of meme food? which meme could I meme to make this ramen better?

ALL oriental image boards seem to be getting worse and im become more and more of a jaded outcast over the years. if the internet ever didnt work, im 100% sure I could recreate the experience by opening up notepad, typing a dozen paragraphs about what americans or british people eat, shit about ramen, tendies, mcchickens, and sprinkle all the language with "meme", open a folder with pics of Joey stuffing his face and reviewbrah being autistic, then get blackout drunk so I dont remember doing it. boom, its /ck/.
oops, I mean wa la.
>>
>>8359695

you typed a lot of shit to express your alcoholism. I respect that, but these assholes need to be dealt with.
>>
>>8359671
It's more than that. They just realized that some foods come into and out of fashion over time. And that seems dangerously close to hipster shit to them, so they're scared enjoying those foods will make it appear to others like they've bought into some kind of con the cool kids are putting over on everybody else. Especially if those foods are expensive, because they strongly suspect anything more expensive than Costco pizza or Taco Bell has to be some kind of con. Their list of confirmed cons includes avocados, tipping, wine and possibly limes.
>>
>>8359655
So what? What's wrong with mixing food? Don't eat it if you don't like it and stfu you autist
>>
>>8359730

I don't care about food. I care about humans being Xerox copies of other humans. They just seem like unpeople. They parrot shit that a dog could communicate. I honestly look at young people like robotic garbage that should be bolt gunned if they don't show any uniqueness. If they don't know or learn anything why do they exist?
>>
>>8359731
Nothing is wrong with mixing food.

There is everything wrong with following trends or doing stuff for the sake of doing it
>>
>>8359744
This is nothing new. Teenagers always talk to each other in a slang that varies by which subculture they identify with. This has been historically true. The 1920's soda shop had it's own language, as did jazz, the diner, rock and roll, Baby Boomer counterculture, R&B and Hip Hop. Of course various online subcultures are going to develop their own slang terms. Hell much of it originated here on 4chan.

While i agree it's odd to see terms we used as jokes come into serious meaning in the usage of those younger than us, But this stuff evolves over time. What bothers me is less the usage than the ideas behind it. For example I didn't have much trouble with the word meme being conflated with image macros a decade ago. But the idea of meme foods implies a fear of popular foods that if eaten are proof you're gullible. It wouldn't bother me if this idea were applied to McDonald's or Taco Bell, but it's almost always applied to something good that was popular in the city years ago and just made it to Podunk. And in that context it's antithetical to eating well and appreciating good food. It's kind of a poison idea.
>>
>>8359753
>There is everything wrong with following trends
In food? Trends in food are a thing. Look at Thai rolled ice cream last summer. Sure it's a little goofy, but it was also pretty good. If it hadn't become a craze with teen girls I might never have tried it. If ramen shops hadn't popped up like mushrooms 15 years ago when I lived in the East Village I might not have bothered trying real ramen, which would have been a loss. The best burgers I've had over the last six years were the result of the trend of chefs finally paying attention to burgers instead of grudgingly keeping them on the menu. That was a good trend. Same is true with the recent focus on actually making good vegetable dishes instead of relegating vegetables to "sides". That was long overdue.

While I'd feel silly standing line to get into some restaurant just because it's the "hot" place to eat right now I would argue that food trends do more good than harm in the hands of people who take the quality of the food seriously. By the time they filter down to fast food the just seem stupid, like Subway putting guacamole on a sub. But I don't give two shits about that because I would never eat at a Subway.
>>
>>8359730
>limes
>confirmed con

wtf?
>>
>>8359937
I've seen that posted here several times. One guy called them "hipster lemons".
>>
>>8359655
that sounds pretty good

I think they should really go all out with the white trashing of sushi
>>
>>8359731
>Eating trendy food for the sake of a trend is perfectly acceptable

>But if you conform to the trend of mocking a trend you're just a sheep in a herd

?????????????????????? whom did I quote?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.