[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.kickstarter.com/project s/45956812/knasa-chef-kn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/45956812/knasa-chef-knife-inspired-by-nasa-patented-technol

I keep seeing an ad for this kickstarter knife on normie book. Is it going to actually be good?
>>
probably not, for the same reason they don't make knives out of tungsten, it'll probably explode if you drop it or if the blades chipped or compromised

meme knife eat dicks
>>
if 'inspired by nasa' is in the kickstarter url it is probably bullshit
>>
no. its just another modern supersteel that will perform marginally (aka you won't notice) better than other modern steels and it's a crappy German-style profile anyway.
the major benefit of the steel is that it's patented and therefore exclusive, tbis is 96.89% marketing.

if it was a really important breakthrough in metallurgy they'd be selling it to factories with cutting machines, not Martha Stewart retards
>>
>anything on kikescammer
>good
>>
If it's not carbon steel, it's shit. And that knife aint carbol steel.
>>
>>8361114
>tfw no carbon fiber knives for that weight reduction
>>
>>8359520
if you want something from kickstarter, there's already memes out.

https://www.misen.co/
>>
>>8361114
*carbon
>>
>he doesn't block ads
>>
>>8359884
Deadzone was cool.
>>
>>8361114

it's not 1925, grammy. modern tool steels are a thing, and by the way, most stainless steels and modern alloys have MORE carbon in them than "carbon steel"
>>
>>8366124

Please feel free to attempt to detail what advantages stainless steels and modern tool steels provide over pure carbon steel, other than stain resistance.

Also note that if you want a steel that behaves like a pure carbon steel but has stain resistance then AEB-L/13c26 already offer that.
>>
>>8366555

For KITCHEN USE I meant to stipulate.
>>
It seems like the only difference is that it's made from some alloy that's much harder than typical steel. But we already have materials to make knives out of that are harder than steel, like ceramic knives. They do work but they won't stay sharp forever and eventually you'll have to sharpen it and it will be much harder than sharpening a knife made of relatively soft steel. Metallic knives as they are are already pretty much as good as they're going to get.

I think the future of knives will be disposable ceramic knives that you use for a few weeks, then discard. Once the technology and materials get cheaper you can just grab another one from the 3D printer when your old knife gets dull.
>>
>>8366649
>stick your favorite comfort handle into machine
>machine assembles knife for you
>after a couple days use you press the button and push up and the blade pops off into the waste bin, which grinds it up to reuse the material for more knives

We can only dream
>>
File: 1445676935150.jpg (9KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
1445676935150.jpg
9KB, 250x246px
>>8366662
Also think about the possibilities for sex robots.

>getting bored of my Natalie Portman sex robot
>make her get into the human-sized Recyclo-Blender(tm)
>"b-but anon I love y--" VRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>the machine recycles her material for future 3D printing
>print out an Audrey Hepburn sex robot instead

The future looks bright.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.