[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help with something, quickly /ck/. I want to buy my parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 0430518_1.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
0430518_1.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
I need help with something, quickly /ck/.
I want to buy my parents a coffeemaker for christmas because theirs apparently broke down months ago and they've been making coffee ever since by just pouring hot water into the top part holding the grinded coffee beans while just having it sit directly over a cup.
The thing is, I don't drink coffee and have absolutely no idea what makes a good coffeemaker, if that even is such a thing. Does it depend on what they use to make coffee? Is anything over 100$ just a straight rip off? I don't know what to get.
For reference, I think they use some nabob organic or whatever for their coffee.
This is /ck/ related, right?
>>
>>8357267
wish I could help, have you tried asking a magic 8 ball?
>>
>>8357307
no, but I'll give it a shot.
>>
Honestly, anything will do. I have one looks kinda like yours but much cheaper, 12 euro in tesco,makes fine coffee.

Get something you think looks cool or get something cheap as fuck. Don't get anything gimmicky like milk whipper or some shit. Sounds like they'd just appreciate a working coffee maker
>>
>>8357267
French press
>>
>>8357267
I mean, you can pretty much go into any general big box store (like Target or Walmart, assuming you're in the US) and get a coffee maker like one in the picture for $20. If you want something a little nicer, get one that has an insulated pot instead of a glass one, and that will run you $40-60. There's really no need to get a super nice one with bells and whistles. Based on the description of your parents, it seems like they would be happy with a regular one.

Whatever you do, don't get Keurig. Those are rip-offs, they're bad from the planet, the pods are expensive, and the coffee is garbage.
>>
File: 59-936x850_1.jpg (280KB, 936x850px) Image search: [Google]
59-936x850_1.jpg
280KB, 936x850px
>>8357267
http://www.beanground.com/scaa-certified-coffee-makers/

these are good coffee makers but each is at least $100+ USD

Most coffee makers will make sub-par coffee but if they are normies that throw sugar and cream into their coffee, any < $20 coffee maker will do.

Also, see if they would like a french press. Will make better coffee than pretty much any drip coffee machine will, including > $100 dollar ones and cost < $20
>>
File: image.jpg (353KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
353KB, 2000x2000px
>>8357267
They are basically brewing coffee using pour over method.
>>
get a drip coffee maker that has a gold mesh reusable filter. Those are the best. They last forever and you never have to buy a paper filter ever again.
>>
Even $20 is too much for a drip maker.
>>
File: 81p9zrrNikL._SL1500_.jpg (102KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81p9zrrNikL._SL1500_.jpg
102KB, 1500x1500px
You can strain your coffee through a gym bag as long as you have a good burr grinder.
>>
>>8357267

I would recommend the Bonavita BV1900TS. Its a very nice but simple coffee machine and pretty much perfect for people like your parents. If you want to spend a bit more then I would strongly suggest the Technivorm Moccamaster.

>>8357471

There really is a big difference in a cheap coffee maker and a good coffee maker even in the world of auto-drip.
>>
>>8359032
Lies
>>
>>8357550
Insulated pots are great if you like to see your parents get coffee all over the floor repeatedly.

My mom forgets to empty the pot and it overflows the next day. It's great.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.