[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Alcohol/: Are Americans actually really, really lightweights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: solo22.jpg (159KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
solo22.jpg
159KB, 1024x768px
/Alcohol/: Are Americans actually really, really lightweights when it comes to drinking?

I recently attended a 3 month student program in london for political science students, mostly attended by scandinavians (i'm from norway) and uk, and a really large group from USA. And well, quick story short; we did a lot of partying together. What i noticed pretty fast is that americans prefer alcohol that's very simple, "easy to drink" and commercialized. Mostly the holy trio of; bud light, budweiser and corona.

it's so weird because growing up with american teenage comedies i always thought americans were insane when it came to "holding their liqueur", you know with their beer bongs and what not, but now that i realised they fill it with bud light (which is basically water lol, i'd have a harder time chugging soda because of the 'fizz'), it's not that impressive.

And when it comes to the shots, all i ever saw them do were fireballs and jagers, jagers being the "ohhnooo crazy cus it tastes so bad and gets you fuck't up" shot to them. Both fireballs and jagers have no after burn and goes down super easy, and this is coming from a guy that can't shot vodka without downing it with soda right after. They did love their tequila though, to be fair.

At least scandinavians, and the british i met, grew up drinking vodka and "normal beer". Amercan drinking habbits seemed very like that of our teenagers, like when you're a party at 15 were everyones drinking cider and jager.

It's nothing wrong it that, just found it kinda fascinating. Would love to hear some amercans thoughts on this , maybe my group were just kinda unique?
>>
>>8348247
>flyover suburbanites are basic bitches

More news at 9
>>
File: 1447477850895.jpg (52KB, 419x604px) Image search: [Google]
1447477850895.jpg
52KB, 419x604px
>>8348247
>it's so weird because growing up with american teenage comedies
>Amercan drinking habbits seemed very like that of our teenagers
>>
>>8348247
It has to do with Fatmerica's addiction to sugar. Guaranteed. Fuckin' normies.

Don't worry - a population of gin-swilling, dry-wine-liking, alcoholics exists. We're the kool kids.
>>
>>8348247
why are you so obsessed with americans?
>>
>>8348304
Big American Penis
>>
File: IugHecu[1].jpg (13KB, 300x502px) Image search: [Google]
IugHecu[1].jpg
13KB, 300x502px
>>
>>8348247
Was your course at LSE? Lots of Scandinavians here in Government department
>>
>>8348332
This is why I only fuck foreigners, small dick countries make me look good.
>>
>>8348247
It's got to do with the drinking laws in the US. Drinking below the age of 21 is demonized here, and in my experience that leads to over indulgence early on while not really understanding how to drink in moderation.

If American youths were better educated on the effects of alcohol (beyond the "lol if you have a sip of beer you're going to rape your dog and die in a car crash") I think that there wouldn't be so many light weight Americans.

I'm probably way off base and totally fucking wrong though.
>>
Depends on where in the US you are. I'm from wisconsin, where we literally have more bars than grocery stores, so yes we can hold our liquor
>>
>>8348458
nah, I think that plays a huge role when it comes to stuff like binge-drinking and in general the handling of alcohol. legally only being allowed to drink at the age of 21 is ludicrous.
>>
>>8348247
Well, what kind of American goes to a foreign country do do college work? An average American? Obviously not.

Hard Americans are in America, doing American stuff.
>>
>>8348684
This. I'm from kentucky, I dare you to drink as much bourbon as I can.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.