[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, Quiznos seems to be extinct....does anybody still have one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

So, Quiznos seems to be extinct....does anybody still have one?

Also Quiznos memories, I remember their toasted subs tasted really delicious, I remember some toasted chicken sub with bacon and ranch that was really good
>>
Circa 2007 or so they revamped their salads with delicious ingredients and included really tasty herb pita bread. Loved it! They all closed down around me though. In SoCal here.
>>
>>8345977
they're here in texas
also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrks-BPeLQ
>>
>>8345977
Their meats and cheese were such better quality than Subway that I think it made it hard to turn a profit, especially if the franchise fees were high. Thankfully I have a Primo Subs near me.
>>
>>8345977
There's one in the Tricites in Oregon. There's also one in Springfield or Eugene, I forget which. I eat there as much as possible because I know it'll die eventually...
>>
>>8345977
There's one last one hanging on up here in AK. They're much better than subway but really not amazing desu
>>
There is a few left in Michigan. One it one of my customers. They are all ran by indians
>>
I went to one once years ago, took one bite into it and it was so hard it damn near busted my tooth out.
>>
File: 1452783017613.jpg (117KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452783017613.jpg
117KB, 600x600px
One near me just turned into a dry cleaner and I honestly don't know where there is another one.

I'll miss you quiznos, you were always better than subway
>>
>>8345977
They all shut down around me two years ago, but just yesterday I saw a Blimpie's opening up, on Ocean Dr. of all places.
>>
File: 45745784.jpg (126KB, 640x467px) Image search: [Google]
45745784.jpg
126KB, 640x467px
>>8345977
The one and only time I ate at a Quiznos, it was the day of the Boston Bombing. But I was in Alaska.
>>
I used to live in an a apartment 3 blocks away from the original Quiznos in Denver Colorado.

They're decent, and rival subway, but ironically, that location had way better sandwich options within a 3 block radius. Compared to the other places (which were a bit more expensive), their sandwiches were always kinda small and didn't have the best quality of ingredients. Better than subway imo but just meh.
>>
There's still a Quizno's in my city, but it's a bit of a drive away. Not like the local one. They stopped serving the one sub I liked, I don't remember what it was called, but it was a turkey sub with this delicious red pepper sauce on it.
>>
I had two open and close in my town in the span of about a year.

They always seemed busy and were quite enjoyable.

I stop by for lunch whenever I come across one in my travels, but it's becoming quite rare to see one these days. I hope corporate gets their shit together and they're able to rebound.
>>
>>8345977
There's three or four around me in the Detroit metro area.
>>
I just realized I have no idea where the one in my town went. I never really noticed but it's gone.

I have Jimmy Johns and Penn Station, both of which I prefer, so I'm good, but man...I was cool with Quiznos.
>>
File: IMG_20161207_094542.jpg (4MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161207_094542.jpg
4MB, 2992x4000px
Just went to my Quiznos that I service and they just got there too. They left the pepper bar out all night
>>
File: IMG_6835.gif (957KB, 200x102px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6835.gif
957KB, 200x102px
>have like 2 Quiznos in my hometown
>join the army and be gone for nearly 5 years
>come back
>there all gone

I miss it. Subways sucks ass compared to them.
>>
>>8346461

The problem was that Quiznos was trying to appeal to the same market that Subway has already dominated

>people who want something quick with an option to be healthy if they want
>>
Schlotzsky's is the superior sandwich chain.
>>
>>8346473
Oh no doubt they tried to emulate the "muh healthier" options too much. Which is ironic because subway is still bad as shit for you. I just miss getting there turkey and ham sub toasted. That was so delicious.
>>
>>8346473

I disagree with that. I used to eat at Quiznos a lot. I never saw them market the "health" angle. IMHO they were going for a more "upscale" market. Better ingredients at a higher price point.
>>
>>8345984
Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
File: standardlunchsub.jpg (48KB, 344x412px) Image search: [Google]
standardlunchsub.jpg
48KB, 344x412px
>>8346495

>subway is still bad as shit for you

Storytime.

>be Corpsman in the Navy
>have to counsel one of my squadron members on healthy eating
>I can't believe I have to explain nutrition to a fucking 22 year old
>we go over his diet
>he eats Subway regularly and tells me what he usually gets
>pic related
>this is in addition to him eating McDonalds in the morning and "something quick" at night, as well as energy drinks in between

He tried to reason that Subway "wasn't that bad" since he added vegetables to the sandwich. He also told me that he didn't trust my word since I wasn't a "credentialed doctor" (no shit, I was a fucking Corpsman)

He was administratively separated two months later for failing his second consecutive weigh-in. I was riding high on schadenfreude for two weeks after that.
>>
>>8345977
All over toronto
>>
Maryland here. Several years ago they started spring up everywhere. Now they are mostly gone.
>>
File: rat-kitchen.jpg (54KB, 654x312px) Image search: [Google]
rat-kitchen.jpg
54KB, 654x312px
>>8345977
>Quiznos memories

I refused to ever set foot in Quiznos because of their retarded singing rat commercial.
>>
They used to have a BLT I would always get, then one day they stopped listing them. When I asked if they would still make them they responded, "Sorry we don't' do those anymore."

Walked out on the spot and months later they started closing all over. It worked out in the long run though, saved a lot of money and just make my own BLTs now.
>>
>>8346543
>46 grams of protons

Not bad.
>>
>>8346461
>army dumbfuck can't spell
Classic.
>>
>>8346185
I live in an apartment across the street from the Original Quiznos currently. They renovated the building but the sandwiches are still the same "meh+" quality for the price.
>>
Does anyone remember that diced chicken and bacon sub they had? They put this weird light pink sauce on it that was amazing.

That sauce was literally the only reason I went there, with that sub. I tried their basic ham and cheese or turkey or whatever one time and they put mayonnaise on it before they put it through the toaster, so the mayo separated and I ended up throwing up.
>>
>>8346543
Jesus anon why were there so many stupid fucks in our respective services?

>have "that guy" in my squad
>drinks like 4 energy drinks in the fucking morning
>every day
>can't pass a PT test
>"guys it isn't the energy drinks causing me to fail"
>literally passes out on the run portion of the PT test as a result of dehydration
>turns out he drank two monsters before doing the test that morning

Was so fucking glad when he got kicked out.
>>
>>8346974
>cowardly fuck grasping at straws

Not surprised.
>>
Didn't Quiznos lie pretty drastically about their profits and price gouged their franchisees? And that's why they were everywhere for a couple years then disappearing?
>>
>>8345977
that tv ad gave me nightmares
>>
>>8346502
Clueless suits who looked up early 00's internet memes.
>>
I have one 10 minutes from me. Denver
>>
The corporate chain went bankrupt but there's still plenty of franchisees left around. Not exactly sure how that works, but I guess they're not putting in any new ones.

It's weird. Round about 2002-03 they were a fantastic chain. Then they really went to shit, both in terms of service and food.
>>
There is one in Georgetown, Ontario, home of the KKK
>>
>>8347001
>waaaaahhhhhhh
Aww. It's okay.
>>
>>8346987

You should go to Ted's for philly cheese steaks which is a few blocks east

also subculture >>> quiznos and they serve beer
>>
I'm sorry, but I live in the Northeast and I could throw a brick and hit 5 different local sub shops that make fodd miles better than Subway or "Quiznos" whatever the fcuk that is. You get laughed at for going to Subway around here, it's strictly for mouthbreathers and soccer moms
>>
>>8347067
Oh man we've got a northeasterner here who goes to AUTHENTIC sandwich boutiques. Kill yourself you fucking queer.
>>
>>8346089
is that the one on Northern Lights near that bike shop? Used to go there 3 times a week on average
>>
File: Maryland.jpg (301KB, 959x771px) Image search: [Google]
Maryland.jpg
301KB, 959x771px
Firehouse Subs is the best but there are none near me
>>
>>8346606
Do you hate these, too?

http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/
http://www2.b3ta.com/bukkake/
>>
>>8347054
Keep trying bitch boy all your doing is making me laugh.
>>
>>8347101
Ha ha you still can't spell you stupid nigger.
>>
>>8347197
>juvenile and edgy

Your 16 year old is showing.
>>
>>8347205
God damn dude learn English you absolute fucking mogoloid. You're (note the spelling army tard) just making me sad for you now so good bye. Study up!
>>
>>8347220
This dumb faggot is looking up "mongoloid" right now. A R M Y
>>
Quite good but they're pretty rare here in Ohio. Think Penn Station pretty much overtook them.
>>
We had two in my town in WV and they both closed about 3 years ago. I loved their subs but the stores in my town were in terrible locations. Both were in shitty old.strip malls with very little traffic
>>
File: ck_plebs.jpg (21KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
ck_plebs.jpg
21KB, 265x300px
>>8347220
>God damn
*Goddamn
>mogoloid
*mongoloid
>good bye
*Goodbye
>>
>>8347268

Not that guy, but:

>Combining God and damn

Really? Really man?
>>
>>8347287
Look it up, anon.
It's an adverb in this context.
>>
>>8347220
BTFO

wtf I hate veterans now
>>
>>8347220
You are quite literally the dumbest motherfucker I've seen on here.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.