[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when you cooke pasta should it be a vigourous boil, medium boil,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
when you cooke pasta should it be a vigourous boil, medium boil, or slow boil?

Or all out max boil to the point the water almost spits at you?
>>
Highest heat
>>
I've always put the dried or fresh pasta into vigorously boiling water, with a bit of canola oil and salt. Cooked and stirred until al dente, then drained and tossed in a bit of oil, covered, then served. My work place does the same thing, but cools the pasta in an ice bath to 40F, then portioned and held at 40F for later orders to be reheated in a bain-marie.
>>
>>8344470
What would happen if I boiled pasta in oil like fries?
>>
>>8344531
Raw pasta? It would probably burn the wheat/gluten, making it turn to a darker shade of brown. It would not absorb much oil, those not expanding. The pasta may become a bit more flexible and soft, but only as long as it is in the hot oil.

Fresh pasta would become dried and thin, and like the above example, likely burn.
>>
>>8344477
this, just make sure to put paper towels around the base of t he pot to catch the foam that comes out
>>
>>8344577
Please don't do this. This is how you make a kitchen fire. If your pasta pot is boiling over, consider adding some salt and oil if you haven't added any, and turn the heat down a little bit. Most importantly, stir your pot. This will break down the bubbles to reduce the amount of foam.
>>
>>8344477
someone asked a question, and someone answered it properly.... no shitposting, no trolling, why are we still here then?
>>
>>8344624
We are here to cook, and eat, and to discuss everything that it relates to.
>>
>>8344590

>Responding sincerely to a joke
>Don't even have a correct answer

Nigga you really dumb
>>
>>8344658
I don't want an Anon to burn their house down because they read about leaving paper towel next to a heat source. That does not invalidate my intelligence.

What is the correct answer, by the way? Those actions are what I do to reduce foam.
>>
>>8344666

If you do what he suggested you deserve it

The correct answer is a wooden spoon, oil is also an old wifes tale meme
>>
>>8344577
>>8344590
just put a wood utensil across the pot and it won't happen
>>
>>8344548
What about cooked pasta?
>>
>>8344890
As in al dente pasta? Same as fresh.
>>
TO THE MAX
>>
>>8344470
I doesn't matter.
>>
>>8344922
*it doesn't matter, I meant to say
>>
File: Pasta dont matter.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Pasta dont matter.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>8344922
>>8344926
>>
>>8344531
>boil in oil
>>
>>8344470
high heat, with enough salt to make the water salty, and a splash of olive oil
>>
>>8344590

you should have the water salted before the pasta is in...

Just stir the pot. Additionally the foam that is coming out of the pot means you have too much water in the pot. You can cook pasta using an absorption method if you really want, that's how little water you need. But again, a happy medium is better...
>>
>>8344528
>but cools the pasta in an ice bath to 40F, then portioned and held at 40F for later orders to be reheated in a bain-marie
That doesn't sound that good.
>>
>>8345335
I've worked at three franchises these last 6 years. That's how all of them have done it
>>
>>8345371
Nts: keep not eating pasta at franchise restaurants same as the last 20 years.
>>
I tend to boil my pasta without salt, drain it, then add some olive oil to the pot I was boiling it in then add the pasta back in with the sauce I was already cooking and mix it together.

I think it turns out pretty well.
>>
>>8344590
Please don't do this. You should never add oil to pasta water.
>>
>>8344577
Alternatively, don't let your pasta boil over, and don't put paper near something hotter than the flashpoint of paper.
>>
>>8345485
>doing everything wrong
>bragging about it
>>
>>8344470
Brrring waterrr to a rrrroling boil
add salt
add the pasta
let boil for 2 minutes and stirrr to prrrevent sticking
put lid on a turrrn stove off
now wait forrr the indicated cooking time
>P E R R R F E C T I O N
>>
>>8344528
>cools the pasta in an ice bath to 40F, then portioned and held at 40F for later orders to be reheated
Where the fuck do you work where pasta is not made to order?
>>
File: saturation_dome.jpg (22KB, 534x398px) Image search: [Google]
saturation_dome.jpg
22KB, 534x398px
>>8344470
It doesn't matter. Any heat you apply to the water will not increase its temperature if the water is already boiling. It will only make more vapor.
>>
>>8344470
High as it goes until the water boils
Add the pasta
Turn the heat down a bit. Adjust until is boiling gently
Once the pasta is done to desired softness take off heat and drain
No salt no oil
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.