[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Heat a flat heavy pan on high for 10 minutes with no oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: sirloin.gif (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sirloin.gif
24KB, 300x300px
>Take steak straight of the fridge when you're ready to fry it because bringing steaks up to room temperature is a meme which only makes it harder to get a brown outside and pink middle at the same time
>Sear steak in very hot pan until browned all over, taking care to render the fatty side first so it cooks in its own fat (add a snall amount of oil if you're using a lean cut)
>Put in oven on pre-heated tray at 110-120 °C for 5 minutes (depending on thickness) or until internal temperature comes up to 55 °C
>Slice and eat immediately because resting is a meme that only serves to overcook your steak

This is objectively the only way to cook a steak and if you disagree you're a blue-pilled fool who swallowed decades of poorly-thought out and innacurate steak dogma
>>
>>8343605
No thanks, I had a dad growing up. I'll stick to marinating and grilling.
>>
>>8343605
>I'm a numale

(you)
>>
Pretty good.

>bringing steaks up to room temperature is a meme which only makes it harder to get a brown outside and pink middle at the same time
Well, that's the fucking point and no meme at all if you want a well-done steak
>>
File: 1467835415998.gif (1MB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
1467835415998.gif
1MB, 500x260px
>>8343615
>well done
>>
File: smug finnish gril.png (522KB, 431x542px) Image search: [Google]
smug finnish gril.png
522KB, 431x542px
>>8343625
>half-done
>>
>>8343611
>grilling
"dude it doesn't matter that my epic grill marks mean only half the surface is seared therefore less Maillard reaction and less flavour - it looks cool and manly so it's better"

>marinating
Spotted the non-white
>>
File: 1410387442343.png (56KB, 187x229px) Image search: [Google]
1410387442343.png
56KB, 187x229px
>>8343615
>well-done
>>
>>8343641
>less flavour
literally ignoring the smoke
>>
>>8343641
Wrong, I like the char. Wrong, I'm so white people put sunglasses on when I take my shirt off.

Nice projections fucking idiot, tons of people marinate.
>>
File: gradient.jpg (253KB, 1683x1115px) Image search: [Google]
gradient.jpg
253KB, 1683x1115px
>>8343605
You don't need a heavy pan for a steak, you're only frying it for a minute each side.
>Take steak straight of the fridge when you're ready to fry it because bringing steaks up to room temperature is a meme which only makes it harder to get a brown outside and pink middle at the same time
This has to be a troll. Do you know what sous vide and reverse searing is?
>Sear steak in very hot pan until browned all over, taking care to render the fatty side first so it cooks in its own fat (add a snall amount of oil if you're using a lean cut)
Don't need to season it?
>Put in oven on pre-heated tray at 110-120 °C for 5 minutes (depending on thickness) or until internal temperature comes up to 55 °C
This will result in pic related. Enjoy your shitty steak.
>Slice and eat immediately because resting is a meme that only serves to overcook your steak
You don't understand the concept of resting? really?
>>
>>8343641

What you're saying about grill marks would certainly apply to something that was cooked on one of those silly "grill pans" it's missing the point entirely.

A grill generates a lot of extra flavor because the juices & rendered fat from the meat drip down into the coals, and the resulting vapors then come up and surround the steak. You don't get that flavor from other cooking methods. And on a proper grill (with coals or wood) the radiant heat between the bars of the grill grate is much stronger than the conducted from a flat pan. You'll get plenty of malliard there. (note that burnt grill marks are not malliard at all)

Your view of "grilling" is missing a couple of the most important aspects.
>>
>tasting the heat and not the meat

*shakes head*
>>
who the fuck trusts anyone that uses retarded neologisms? stop typing like a 14 year old and you might have more luck getting people to buy your shitty cooking techniques.
>>
File: 1448428272196.jpg (101KB, 500x609px) Image search: [Google]
1448428272196.jpg
101KB, 500x609px
>>8343641
>I had a dad growing up
>non-white
>>
>>8343654
My dad was white and he'd often marinate and tenderize steaks.
Not sure if he did it with every steak.
I don't remember because I was a little kid and even white dads ditch their kids.
>>
>>8343703

Do a family tree, there's a colombian in the woodpile.
>>
>>8343729
It's really nothing to joke about.
Divorce is probably the worst thing going on in the west right now.
I have a Norwegian friend that I skype with in his early 50s and him and his wife are divorced.
>>
>>8343634
I disagree but i respect your quality image
>>
>>8343738
Thanks, it's the best picture I got. I even had second thoughts about posting it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.