[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you see, running front of house is a delicate and many-headed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: vlcsnap2016110617h53m24s706.png (278KB, 576x448px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap2016110617h53m24s706.png
278KB, 576x448px
>you see, running front of house is a delicate and many-headed operation with a lot of managerial and operational skill needed to maximize service revenues and keep everyone happy and spending money.
>It's not something cooks are really capable of understanding or doing, it's too hard for the blue collar types to have that kind of high level observation-action-reaction ability

This is all, by the way, from >>8340899
a four-paragraph post about how restaurants handle reservations. Why are waiters so pretentious? Is this why they think they deserve 30% tips for bringing a plate to your table?
>>
>>8342056
well desu, being able to schedule and handle overbooking aint easy
>>
>>8342056
fucking lol and managing 5 orders per fucking table and making sure all the food is hot and edible and at a high skill level all within less then an hour per table is a total fucking cake walk and doesnt deserve any tips only minimum wage and shit benefits even when youre at high risk of injury. but yea no, i totally bet these people came to the restaurant for you to introduce yourself and then have the bus boy actually deliver all the fucking food.
>>
>>8342112
>introduce yourself and then have the bus boy actually deliver all the fucking food.

I fucking hate it when servers do this.
>>
First off, making this thread is cringy as fuck. You don't make a new thread to complain about a post from an existing thread. That's fucking autistic.

And secondly, >>8342112 is fucktarded. Waitstaff and BOH are the laborers for a restaurant. You are expendable. Your job is labor intensive, but it's not hard. There are no skills involved, other than "don't fuck up". You make sure the food is hot by delivering it from the cook in time. Managing orders is a matter of making eye contact so you know who to place that hot food in front of.

Remember: you don't get tips because you earn it, you get tips because we as a society pity you. I tip waiters in the same way that I "tip" the homeless.
>>
idk I thought it was pretty good pasta, its clearly a spoof.

reservations are all software built into the PoS these days anyway, nobody books by hand
>>
>>8342183
It's a thread discussing a separate issue, the arrogance of waiters at higher-end restaurants.

>>8342567
Not a pasta, it was written in response to thread
>>
>>8342056
I have line cooked for 6 years between three franchises, and served FoH for 3 months at one of those. HoH and FoH are apples and oranges, both have their unique and nuanced challenges and skills necessary to preform optimally.

>>8342183
>you are expendable
Like fuck dude. A good, hard working and confident line cook has more equity and value to the entire restaurant than a good, hard working and confident server. Yes, the two jobs are vastly different, but there is a reason why FoH historically has a dramatically lower employee retention rate than HoH. Any monkey can be trained to punch numbers into a machine, provide full service, and dress sharply. A line cook, however, must be trained by the Chef/Sous/Supervisor to make a menu SPECIFIC to that kitchen, with their own cleaning, work standards. The skills in one kitchen do not so easily transfer to the next, and any kitchen spends a great deal of time training line chefs to their standard. The skills as a server very easily transfer from one to the next. Yes, line cooks do not have the most skillful/extrinsic labor career, but to say they are expendable is flat out bullshit.
>>
>>8342056
It's typical for everyone who labors on the kitchen for small $ to make little of the FOH staff who get tips for not having to break a sweat. But in a busy upscale place where they have to keep running efficiently without making high maintenance rich people wait for ther reserved table the job does involve a balancing act that's no joke. It's more like a lot of sucking up than hard work, but it's still a legit skill, especially as far as the captain is concerned.
>>
>>8342056
Good point
>>
>>8342056
>Why are waiters so pretentious?
because they have to deal with assholes on both sides of their job
cooks and customers
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-06-15-50-49.png (917KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-06-15-50-49.png
917KB, 1080x1920px
I worked at a pub for a bit washing dishes and the cooks were always on point. Rarely returned food, almost always right even in fat order with like 6 different burgers, gluten free or not. Cooks work their asses off and waiters were getting like 200-300 in tips for weekends and more on certain holidays. Waiters barely tipped out kitchen staff. I regularly got 20-30 in tips even on fridays. Sometimes more up to about 40. I worked 35 hours a week and still got fucked in tips. Had to quit because was treated like garbage even tho I was much better than a few other dish washers who were there for a few months or longer. Never late. Showed up on time. Only called in because my ankle was getting fucked and it started hurting every day and made walking absolutely awful. Being a food runner and waiter can be tough but arguably way easier than being in the kitchen especially on busy days. Captcha relevant
>>
>>8342183
Yeah it's always funny when proles argue about who is the better wage slave.
>>
>>8344078
reasonably sure that was a high level troll. Your detectors might need calibrating.
>>
>>8344194
Yeah, my mistake, I was typing fast. My rant was solely towards FOH.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.