[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/! So, I'm off today and feel like cooking. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: stuffed pepper.jpg (142KB, 460x316px) Image search: [Google]
stuffed pepper.jpg
142KB, 460x316px
Hey /ck/! So, I'm off today and feel like cooking. I'm going to make stuffed green peppers. I've looked at some recipes online, but I want to get some input from you guys. What are some tricks to make these God-tier? Feel free to post some recipes, or just give some tips. Also.. what would be a good side dish for these? I'm thinking mashed potatoes, but I'm not certain yet.
>>
Mix in some freshly grated Parmesan and cook rice in beef stock.
>>
File: feels.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>>8340164
I unfortunately don't have fresh parmesan. I was just going to use some shitty pre-shredded cheddar cheese that comes in a plastic bad. Is this going to ruin everything? Also, should I add cheese in beef/rice mixture or just add the cheese on top?
>>
>>8340203
Add jalapeƱo and garlic to the beef rice mix top with cheese
>>
Use oyster stuffing
>>
>>8340152
I'll give you my mom's Ukrainian "recipe".

Cook rice half way, cool it off with some running water. Mix in rice with ground beef for somewhere between 20% to 35% of the whole mixture being rice. Add salt, pepper, and other powdered seasonings to taste (I normally just throw in Montreal Steak seasoning in). Stuff your peppers however you want, either full or cut in half. With your knife, poke small incisions around the peppers to allow osmosis of liquids.

In your stew pot, with olive oil fry a large diced onion with three to five cloves of minced garlic. Salt to taste. Once the onions start to brown throw in a can of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes and let it stew until you think it's ready. After it's well stewed throw some water in there and bring to a boil (I don't think you need broth as the beef should flavour it well enough). Check to see the if the salt content is good and that it's tasty. Grab a mug and save some of the broth. Put your peppers in the pot and pour your chunky broth over the tops of the peppers. The broth level in the pot should be just shy of the tops of the peppers where the meat hole is (this is necessary as the meat will let out a lot of juices).

Bring the pot to a low simmer, put a lid on it, and go fuck off from 60 to 90 minutes. If you're using a whole pepper, you don't need a side dish as it should be pretty big. Get some tasty bread to dip into the broth served with the pepper, should be very filling. Added tip, I find sour cream goes well with the stuffed peppers on the side.
>>
>>8340234
hmm jalepeno? i think some spiciness might go good. thanks
>>8340269
i've never heard of oyster stuffing. i live in colorado though, so im sure it would be sub-par
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.