[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you eat when you got an upset stomach or heartburn? Need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What do you eat when you got an upset stomach or heartburn? Need something that wouldn't irritate it.
>>
>>8339479
peanut butter and banana sandwich
>>
Lots of water, rice, toast, something fizzy if it's just stomach ache for the burps of relief
>>
>>8339479
Ask your doctor about dexilin. I've been on it and I literally never get heart burn any more. Used to go through a packet of tums a day
>>
>>8339496
what happens when you stop taking it?
IIRC proton pump inhibitors got a bad rap related to long term use followed by cessation
>>
>>8339506
I plan on not stopping
>>
I don't eat the food prior to the heartburn that gives me heart burn.
>>
>>8339479
Chili beans with added crushed red pepper.
>>
>>8339479
pepto bismal
pecto
alka-seltzer or alka-seltzer gold
or 1tsp of baking soda in 4 oz of water (it helps neutralize your stomach acid.)
>>
>>8340792
>>8339506

as a pharmacist, I can tell you that proton pump inhibitors are gods gift to acid suppression. work better than any other product and are also available over the counter. you don't need a prescription.

that said, yes they may have long term effects on your bone health, possibly increased risks of pneumonia. originally studied (and FDA approved) as only 14 day treatment courses, if you read the packaging that is all they say you should use them for. Realistically, the long term risks are minor compared to the long term benefits of not totally eroding your esophagus and feeling like shit because of your heartburn.

Really, you should change your diet but fuck that, why fix the gaping wound in your life when you can just put a band-aid over it?
>>
>>8340829
Pharmacists get paid $12 to read what it says on a prescription and hand it me. This usually takes 20 minutes
I'd say enjoy the cash cow career and let the doctors handle the actual medical part of healthcare
>>
>>8340807
Underrated post
>>
>>8340829
The acid will eventually lead to throat/esophageal cancer over a period of time as well. The alternative therapy is to do surgical intervention and put a magnetic 'seal' on the top of the stomach: acid cannot leave upwards but food will push down through.
>>
>>8339479
Milk and other dairy products.

Avoid sugar and fat.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.