[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/ what is the best way to cook a corned beef? The package

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1465584136450.jpg (565KB, 900x901px) Image search: [Google]
1465584136450.jpg
565KB, 900x901px
Hey /ck/ what is the best way to cook a corned beef? The package says to boil it for 3 hours but that sounds like it would make it tasteless. Any ideas?
>>
Boil it
>>
>>8337225
I don't want it to be bland tho
>>
>>8337232
Poach it in extra warm water (a bit over 100c)
>>
>>8337232
it won't be bland though, the cornbeef has already been seriously brined and you also have a little packet of pickling spice to add to the liquid, also use beef broth instead of water
>>
>>8337218
What is this picture from?
>>
>>8337252
I wish I had beef broth, that sounds really good.
>>8337257
I think I got it from /his/ I don't remember the context but I like the picture.
>>
>>8337252
have you got any beef bones or any beef that needs to be trimmed? if so you could make beef stock. it's just bones and or scraps boiled to fuck and back with some carrot, celery, onion, and garlic, then just salt/pepper/season to taste. once you've got it to a boil you can walk away and let it do it's thing while you do other stuff, unless you overfill your pot there's no worry about boiling over
>>
>>8337304
also since it's gonna be strained at the end, you don't have to peel the veggies or anything, just was and rough chop
>>
Fritters
>>
The absolute best way to cook a corned beef would be sous vide. Boiling it like another anons said will probably work fine.

If you have a crock-pot I'd recommend that over boiling though.

Using beef-broth would be preferred but water is fine too.
>>
>>8337287
I like it too.
>>
>>8337218
http://www.thewickednoodle.com/corned-beef-recipe/
We used to use a recipe very close to this at a place I used to work. Double the garlic though
>>
Coat both sides completely in all spice and s hint of mustard powder, add more of each spice to a pot of boiling water, add a bottle of a good stout to it. Add corned beef and cook 2+ hours. Add cabbage and potatoes at the end and done!
>>
>>8337218
pressure cooker or braise it
>>
>>8337218
http://ruhlman.com/2010/03/corned-beef-with-braised-cabbage-bacon-and-red-potatoes/
>>
Damn I'd totally fug the shit out of that little prince
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.