[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to cook minute steak and what are the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: minute steak.jpg (138KB, 570x436px) Image search: [Google]
minute steak.jpg
138KB, 570x436px
What's the best way to cook minute steak and what are the best flavors to put on it?
>>
chicken fried

sage parsley onion garlic black pepper maybe oregano
>>
>>8334834
>asks about minute steak
>posts a picture of cube steak
>gets, >>8334841, a suggestion for cube steak
Is that what you wanted or did you want minute steak after all?
Are cube steak and minute steak different names for the same thing where you are?
AFAIK, minute steak is where a hunk of beef is partially frozen then sliced very, very thinly using a deli slicer. Freezing it helps the slicer cut through without the meat fussing about too much.

Did you mean that?
>>
We call it cubed steak around here, usually a cut of top round. I just do a flour dredge only that has salt pepper cayenne and garlic powder in it. Then just pan fry in a shallow amount of oil. I like it a lot honestly even though it's poverty meat
>>
>>8334858
The pic looks exactly like what's in my fridge...
>>
>>8334858
>AFAIK, minute steak is where a hunk of beef is partially frozen then sliced very, very thinly using a deli slicer.

that's chipped beef

minute steak is thin cuts of london broil or similar 1/4" or so, that will cook in literally one minute in a hot pan
>>
File: Simple-Salisbury-Steak-11.jpg (75KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Simple-Salisbury-Steak-11.jpg
75KB, 600x400px
browned and braised in chicken stock with bay and thyme until it's butter. Have green beans/peas and mashed potatoes at the ready.
>>
>>8334868
You're probably long gone, but here are a few other suggestions:
Do as >>8334841 and make chicken fried steak. Just dredge in seasoned flour, allow the flour to hydrate through with what moisture the salt in your seasoning leeches out from the steak then dredge again and fry. Serve with milk gravy, which is basically bechamel sauce + onion and black pepper.
While I like CFS, I can never figure out a good side to pair it with, so I usually slice it into strips and make chicken-fried steak tendies instead because tendies of all sorts go great with fries. I make the milk gravy as usually, but put in a little bowl to dip my tendies into. Add a salad and you've got yourself a meal.

Option two is onion-and-mushroom gravy. Pan sear the steak in butter then remove from the pan. Add chopped onion, sliced mushroom and some flour to the pan and cook to a medium-dark shade then add beef stock or mushroom broth. Whisk to dissolve the flour mixture and thicken the gravy then re-add the steak. Serve with mash and some greenery like broccoli, fried cabbage or stewed collards.

A third would be pizzaiola. Pan-sear the steak as before, this time in olive oil, then remove. Crush a garlic clove and toss it into the pan with the. Set to high heat and, when fragrant, add some hand-crushed tomatoes. Be sure you've squeezed them of as much juice as possible or the hot oil will spit at you. Add a little of that juice at a time to cook the tomatoes and make a sauce then add some dried oregano. Re-add the steak, warm through, off the heat and serve the sauce over pasta and the steak as second course.

A third option could be to flour it as before, then egg wash then panko and deep-fry. Serve with curry gravy, rice and stir-fried mixed veg.

>>8334870
Nah dude. Chipped beef is salted and dried then shaved thinly and dried out a bit further before being packaged for sale. It's not sliced from frozen.
>>
>>8336175
>pizzaiola. Pan-sear the steak as before, this time in olive oil, then remove. Crush a garlic clove and toss it into the pan with the. Set to high heat and, when fragrant, add some hand-crushed tomatoes. Be sure you've squeezed them of as much juice as possible or the hot oil will spit at you. Add a little of that juice at a time to cook the tomatoes and make a sauce then add some dried oregano. Re-add the steak, warm through, off the heat and serve the sauce over pasta and the steak as second course.

this is a terrible idea, you need to stew the tomatoes and steak long enough to make it tender and tasty, your recipe will make gristle beef in bad ketchup
>>
>>8336272
But there was no mention of how long it would take to make the sauce and cube steak is already mechanically tenderised.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.