[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, yesterday I had Tbit rice. This is essentially a pot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Hey /ck/, yesterday I had Tbit rice. This is essentially a pot of rice being slowly oven cooked for several hours with whole chicken in it, so that the entire juiciness and fat of the chicken spreads to the rice as well. This is a really nice dish, you should try it.
>>
>>8333951
Nice blog

I'd like to subscribe so I can know more about what's going on in your worthless life
>>
>>8333951
Where'd you get the chicken? Any seasonings/spices to throw in? About how many servings you think this made? Oven temp?
>>
>>8333951
Looks festive for a group dinner. I saw where it was an Iraqi dish. Does everyone just eat out of the same bowl with their hands?

I guess I'll keep it in mind for the next time I have an Iraqi themed dinner party or something.
>>
>>8333951
I'm interested in trying this. Got a recipe?
>>
this is what a culture does just slightly before leaving the dark ages and possibly inventing written language or something
>>
>>8334061
1. The supermarket
2. Some home made tomato sauce, pepper and salt, chicken stock of above chicken.
3. One chicken and 1 kg Persian classic rice make for about 8 servings.
4. 180 degrees Celsius, in the oven overnight.
>>
>>8333951
OP you screwed up here.

I just checked this out and it looks quite good.
It's an Iraqi rice and chicken dish, one recipe I saw, had it going for 8 hours???

Look good.
>>
>>8334108
Well, my family's 7 generations strong recipe had it cook from just before Sabbath entered until Saturday's noon. So anwhere from 17 to 20 hours.
>>
>>8334132
I thought this was an Iraqi dish . . .not a Yid thing?
>>
>>8334153
Jewish Kurdish
>>
>>8334106
The recipes I saw on-line looked like they use a lot of cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and some weird concoction they call "baharat". Yours doesn't have any of those spices. Why not?

Also, you never answered my question about how everyone gathered around that dish is supposed to eat it, traditionally. Just dig in with hands? Some kind of flatbread? Utensils?
>>
>>8334308
baharat means spices. in some older parts of saudi arabia and iraq, theyd gather around one plate and eat with their hands. now its two people to a plate, and you eat with a spoon from your own side, but its also common for each person to get their own place. i guess there isnt a reason for everyone to have their own plate if youre just sharing a plate of rice with your cousin.

usually a chicken broth or a vegetable based soup would accompany the rice, so that you can pour a spoonful of soup over the rice and eat it that way. alternatively, plain yogurt goes great with the rice as well. bread is usually reserved for the soups in these meals.
>>
>>8334308
Regarding spices, cinnamon, nutmeg etc. were not only expensive but not part of the local cuisine. Baharat is a spice mix not unlike Ras el Hanout. We use most of these in the tomato sauce.

Regarding eating, my ancestors would put it onto a large copper plate ad seen in the picture above, on top of a low, round table. Everyone would sit cross-legged style and take directly from the plate with the spoon. This was made to enhance family bonding, where they had younger kids sit between the older people. Nowadays most times we sit at the same table, but with plates and cutlery.
>>
>>8334378
>>8334352

OK. Thanks for answering my questions. I think I'll try to make this for a dinner gathering in a few weeks. I won't be able to tell them that it's of Iraqi origin however, because I live in the rural south and they would most likely shoot me.

I'll just tell them I made it up on a whim.
>>
>>8334407
Tell them it's a recipe your nana used to make.
>>
Related:

Put into a pot some rice and vegetables, add beer (and water if necessary) so that the mixture is almost covered entirely. Add spices. Place three chicken legs on top and put the pot in the oven until the rice is cooked and the legs have browned nicely.

The fat dripping down to the rice works pretty nicely, can recommend
>>
>>8334407
A few pointers: do NOT open the lid to "peek" at the chicken, otherwise the steam will get out and it will dry out completely. Also you can't serve directly from the pot, flip it onto a large plate minutes before serving or it'll be too hot to eat.
>>
>>8333951
That rice looks like cooked to shit. It's so mushy I'd rather starve than eating that shit. Disgusting. How someone possesses the audacity to take a picture and show to other people is beyond me. This is something that should be thrown away or be eaten by its cook alone in shame. Jesus. I fucking hope it's at least decently seasoned.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.