[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I a horrible cook? I cant make stuffing, pancakes, hot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1466924525780s.jpg (7KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1466924525780s.jpg
7KB, 250x236px
Why am I a horrible cook? I cant make stuffing, pancakes, hot chocolate. Either everything is diluted, burnt, dry, or undercooked. Is there some sort of cookware for noobs?
>>
>>8331718
fuck cooking dude just eat out at semi-healthy places or panda express

basically the same people that say shit like "oh just study and you'll be good at math" but we know that shit's not true

some people just can't do somethings
I don't think I can do much either

sometimes I'll think maybe it was because I was too young or inexperienced when I made by first attempt, but then I'll try again and see just how pathetic my lack of aptitude for certain things really is

you can only try so many times before you lose hope and give up completely
it's not an easy thing to do, especially if you don't have a proper support system or people to lean on when you're down

you just have to suck it up and find alternatives
>>
>>8331727
Yeah but the thing is that I am willing to change not just hope for better the next time. I want to learn how to cook better.
>>
Maybe you're just thinking in the wrong terms? Pancakes are almost perfect for someone who wants to learn about food. You can do anything with pancakes and it's easy to start over. Keep trying. Don't be like >>8331727 . He lost his way.
>>
>>8331727
And the meat at panda express is worse than mcdonalds, they use a lot of fillers that hold the meat together so that the inside looks like rubber.
>>
File: 1480378766663.png (222KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
1480378766663.png
222KB, 449x401px
>>8331727
>Panda Express
>>
>>8331739
Thank you =)
my problem with pancakes is the baking powder doesnt blend in and the inside is wet.
>>
>>8331748
Maybe simply not stirring together hard enough? Or if it's after you think they're done, maybe not cooking long enough on each side? Every problem is solvable.
>>
Everybody has a different stove and different cookware so nothing anyone tells you is gonna really help. Just gotta get some experience on your personal setup.

Whenever you make something and it turns out badly don't go in and change everything all at once. Change one thing at a time until you figure it out.
>>
>>8331718
Keep cooking and take notes from people who cook better. Just go rummage through every major cook channel you can, read a book written by those people and then ask your grandmother (or whoever is the de facto cook in your immediate family) how she does it and keep trying yourself once more. Eventually you will make that one perfect pancake that will make you cum gallons.
>>
cook everything slower at a lower temp
>>
>>8331718
I know this sounds silly, but you could be taking it too seriously and trying to be perfect, when no one ever is. Worry and stress over any activity is a recipe (pardon the pun) for disaster.

This really hit home with me when I started homebrewing beer and read Papazian's intro book and his whole emphasis is relax, take it easy. It's just a few servings of beer (or food.) His argument is the surest way to screw up a homemade beer (and I extend that to food) is worry and get nervous about it.
>>
>>8331718
If you can't make hot chocolate, you probably have some sort of diagnosable mental disability. Have you experienced any other trouble in your daily life with performing simple tasks?
>>
>>8331718
Relax more and think of it as an experiment. It might go wrong but that means you have more data to draw from.

Start with basic breakfast stuff. Potatos and eggs are cheap. Read up and make some hashbrowns and scrambled eggs. Maybe an omelet or fritata if you feel confident enough and have some cheese and vegetables handy. Maybe even bake a quiche and some roasted potato quarters.
The idea is even if you do fuck it up at least you didn't waste a lot of money, and you can try to learn from your fuckups and not fuck it up the same way again.
>>
Start with Eggs.
Figure out how to fry one decent enough to make a sandwich of it.
Once you're consistent and satisfied, start scrambling them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.