[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are these nasty motherfuckers so popular all over the world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Onion.jpg (629KB, 2122x1415px) Image search: [Google]
Onion.jpg
629KB, 2122x1415px
Why are these nasty motherfuckers so popular all over the world?

>barely any calories
>barely any nutrients
>barely any fiber
>taste is too strong to eat a bunch of it fresh
>smell actually burns your eyes fresh
>cook it and most of the flavor is gone
>difficult for most people to chop and cut it evenly
>fruit flies fucking love it

>third most popular vegetable in the world
>>
>>8329212
It's a flavour enhancer, if anything.
>>
>>8329212
>those reasons

You know for a 5 year old you have some good grammatical structuring.
>>
>>8329212
easy to grow
cheap
sugar
tasty
dont spoil quickly
goes with everything
>>
>>8329212

Babby taste buds detected
>>
>>8329226
>>8329227
>>8329235
I stopped adding onion to everything I make that calls for it and haven't noticed a difference at all. Once its cooked well, you might as well replace it with half a tsp of brown sugar for cheaper results.
>>
>>8329229
easy to grow is true, but even though its repugnant, nasty bugs like fruit flies love it. When I was a kid, I did a science fair project on what fruit flies love and onions came in third place, below lemons and bananas.
>>
>>8329212
sorry but from raw to caramelized, from salad to stuffed meat, onion is the single most versatile, perpetually delicious and dramatically wonderful vegetable to exist. oh god how sad would life be if onion wasnt around?
>>
>>8329212
>cook it and most of the flavor is gone

This is incorrect

>third most popular vegetable in the world

Because the flavor of an onion is essential to savory cooking.

Horrible thread
>>
>>8329293
this sounds like the start of a family guy sketch
>>
onions are a meme
>>
>>8329322
Thanks for putting that in my head.
Fuck that show.
>>
>>8329227

>You know; for a five-year-old, your grammatical structuring is impeccable.

>Not using proper sentence breaks for conjoining colloquial slang.
>Using the actual number instead of the written word without dashes for any number less than one hundred.
>Using the preposition "good" as a descriptive observation is simply lazy.
>>
>>8329212
tastes good
>>
File: Shrek-4-pc-002.jpg (441KB, 1280x1762px) Image search: [Google]
Shrek-4-pc-002.jpg
441KB, 1280x1762px
>>
>>8329403

/thread
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 300x400px
>>8329395
Lmao get a load of this fucking faggot. What a looser
>>
File: 1477854532484.png (387KB, 402x434px) Image search: [Google]
1477854532484.png
387KB, 402x434px
>>8329395
KYS
>>
>>8329212

Onion and other alums, such as garlic, enhance the bio-availability of minerals in foods they are cooked with. For example, if you're eating beans, they contain phytic acid which is an anti-nutrient that blocks some mineral absorption, but also has some health benefits (anti-cancer mainly). But by eating your beans with onions, you can more or less cancel out the negative effects of phytic acid and make the meal healthier.

Onions themselves are almost like a spice, they add flavor without adding much calories. Try making a soubise sauce and then compare that to plain bechamel, for example - you get a creamier, more flavorful sauce, without adding many more calories.
>>
File: taco-lady.jpg (106KB, 560x372px) Image search: [Google]
taco-lady.jpg
106KB, 560x372px
No onions and cilantro, right white boy?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.