[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not trying to be rude, just genuinely interested. How do overweight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_0671.jpg (329KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0671.jpg
329KB, 1200x800px
Not trying to be rude, just genuinely interested. How do overweight people get that way? It's hard for me to imagine eating the amount it takes to get up to 300-400 pounds. How often do you overweight posters eat and what are you eating?
>>
>>8325888
I quiet remember how I started to get fat.

Me and my gf were lazy to usually cook [as we had nightshifts] so we order food or eat in fast foods.

I started to get snacky at work at night and eat much more chips and sweet shit then usually + i dunked soda like no tomorrow

I gradually started to get 10 kg up.

Luckily my heart got fucking broken by the aformentioned gf and I lost it all cuz I could not eat anything and I lost all apetite for anything sweet/unhealthy.
>>
>>8325888
Pretty easy. I use to be about 270 before dropping ~100 pounds.

>get job
>end up eating out for lunch because fast food is quick and easy
>drink soda without thinking about calories because soda can help you through the day for energy
>get home throw whatever in the microwave or just order a pizza because fuck it work day
>start going out on the weekend drinking and ordering calorie rich bar food
>Don't work out because you get out of shape and getting back in isn't something you normally want to do
>starts adding up over a year(s) before you know it you are overweight

It's not so much people trying to get fat as it is people just not realizing how many calories they are ingesting during their week. Soda is a pure killer for any weight, in college and before I was pretty thin, I just didn't realize it was adding up because I kept getting distracted by other things.

Back to around 200lbs and work out nearly daily, after seeing what I use to be I won't go back any time soon.
>>
>>8325888

I've wondered this too. I got up to 210 once and felt disgusted by myself... and the thing was, it took EFFORT to get to that weight, just completely being slovenly. I feel like I'd have to eat all day and night to get to the 300 lb range.
>>
>>8325888
It's pretty easy to overeat on a day-to-day basis if you consume a lot of calorically dense and nutritionally empty foods, but yeah, I think it would take pretty much persistence after the first twenty pounds. Generally it's an indication of both poor education and poor emotional and mental health for you to get past the "oh fuck I look like shit now" stage.
>>
>>8325888
5'-9" and 165. i don't get it either. been as low as 113 before, never more than 190. and that was some FUCKING FAT
>>
>>8325917
Depends on a lot of factors. When I would go to lunch I'd usually go to grab some Chinese food or something. Why? not because I was thinking of calories but because it was cheap as shit and was quick/filling. Do it long enough it creeps up and you don't realize exactly how much weight you've put on.
>>
>>8325930
Well considering she is fucking her ex now she had before me and took him into our apartment two days after she dumped me when I wasnt even moved out yet... then id say the chances are not so high.
>>
>>8325934
>Do it long enough it creeps up and you don't realize exactly how much weight you've put on.
I can't say I understand that sentiment because I'm one of those vain assholes who constantly looks at myself in the mirror, but huh, I guess a lot of people just don't pay attention to their appearance as much.
>>
>>8325888
soda and/or booze are almost always involved
>>
>>8325938
Depends your work/life schedule really. If you stay busy enough you just kinda let it go by without notice, also depends how once distributes weight. It took me about a year or so to get to 270 but once I was there I basically had a day where I realized "damn I am fat".
>>
File: IMG_0743.jpg (117KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0743.jpg
117KB, 1200x810px
>>8325888
Quit adderall in 2006-2007 gained 60 pounds ate max one meal a day with only one snack still managed to keep putting on pounds. Started to lose weight in 2012 after I started eating more meals but ended up giving up eating 5 meals a day because it made me feel awful, even after losing nearly 90 pounds, and started eating once a day again and put all the weight back on.
>>
i grew up in a family that had a lot of eating disorders and basically was taught that binge eating is normal? i don't ever really eat normal portions i just eat like 1 giant meal every day to the point where i feel sick afterwards

if i stopped binge eating i'm sure i'd lose a good chunk of weight but i don't know how. it's really emotionally exhausting to think about
>>
Just achieved slightly overweight mode recently. I noticed it Friday past. Standing up, I look fine and trim, but now have some belly flab when I sit.

I assume it's because I've been eating like absolute crap the last two months and not exercising nearly as much. Weighing myself, I've gained 2kg/5lbs since September.

At Thanksgiving, I saw my father for the first time since Christmas last. He'd never been a thin man, but he'd ballooned to absolutely shameful proportions. He's half American, but lives outside of the US. My mother is not American and cooks only traditional food. Where she's from is among the five thinnest developed nations in the world.
Anyway, in December when I saw dad last before TG, he weighed about 110kg/240lbs. Now, he's 150kg/330lbs. How in the FUCK does anyone get to that size? In less than a year, no less?
I'm guessing he's been eating out of home a lot AND still eating at home so as to not waste.

All I can say is thank goodness I'm only 2kg into overweight status and can easily shed it after the holidays.
>>
I'm fat because I'm an alcoholic and I've been drinking a fifth of liquor every day. The calories add up.
>>
>>8325966
Are you eating like 2000+ calories in ONE sitting?
>>
Relative physical laziness and eating too much.

Essentially eating more calories than they burn.
>>
You binge eat some stuff that you don't realize is a caloric bomb. I got 10kg in 8 months by eating icecream every 2 days.
Nowadays I look at the same premium icecream. 3 spoonfuls = 700 calories.

It's hard to get fat eating stuff that makes you full fast, like fruit or beans. However, it's pretty easy when you do:
- soda
- peanuts
- doritos/pringles
- chocolate

There was a period in my life where I drank two Ovomaltine shakes everyday. I don't even know how I didn't end up a walking ball of lard (my max weight was 115kg).
>>
File: IMG_20161106_141354143.jpg (795KB, 2972x1672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161106_141354143.jpg
795KB, 2972x1672px
There are many reasons.

1. People get euphoric from food, and eat for fun
2. People are unaware of calories, everyone in thread is citing soda - a great example (Also beer, regular alch. 1 cup vodka = 500 cal - how many to get drunk?)
3. Usually its not just eating, its drinking. Not filling. Arizona tea, 1 dollar 2 liters. See 2.
4. Healthy food is not always cheap, nor easy to create. Stir fries are easy, sure, but how often do people want that? See 5
5. Accustomed taste. If you live off of fast food like people who work 50 hours a week, you end up savoring fat, cheese, oils. Veg just doesnt cut it.
6. Ease of access - I worked a shit job. They had a cafe. All fried oily foods. Discount for worker. Lost weight due to health issues, but when healthy its an easy, easy way to get lunch every single day for 1.5k calories. That is horrific for a single meal - even working all the time.
7. The final and most important one. Having shit to do. Not me, but friends. They have kids - they prep healthy meals for kids, work 50 hours a week, and have tremendous responsibility. It is a thousand times easier to hit up taco bell for a triple crunchwrap (Even though one is filling, you just eat faster than it settles - and you earned it - working so hard for ten hours). Its a part of the corporate machine frankly.
>>
>>8325979
yea... its awful honestly. i usually only ever eat dinner & could feed like 2 other ppl probably. and i feel nauseous constantly.

it's how i've always eaten so it really freaks me out when i try to portion normal meals. i get really intense anxiety and i dont have access to the sort of psychiatric care i'd need to stop doing it
>>
>>8325979
It's easier to do than you think especially if there is a lot of bread and such added. Have 3 soda's you could be pressing upwards of 600 calories alone from just that.
>>
For me it was a combination of medical + sitting on ass not doing anything for long periods of time.

I got diagnosed with systemic lupus which required very high dose steroid IVs and medication to keep my kidneys from basically killing themselves, but of course steroids make you hungry and crave really shitty, calorie-rich foods like no tomorrow. This was also combined with a reduced immune system (anti kidney rejection drugs) and I caught golden staph in my leg which took close to a year to heal.

So, all that and not being able to walk around much made me go from being a fairly regular hiker to titanic lardass. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's an uphill struggle to get back down to my old weight again.
>>
>>8325888
two things
-overeating + sedentary lifestyle with a normal basal metabolic rate
-lower than normal basal metabolic rate
>>
>>8326028
>add 3 sodas
Drinking half a can makes me feel full and makes my throats feel slimy and weird. How do people think 3 wtf
>>
>>8325979
I can relate, My family never cooked past age 11? past that point it was free for all. They rarely fed me. The rare occasions that they ordered food - pizza, I would go hard. Im talking hide a whole box in my room to eat off of - or just hound the entire pie that night.
>>
It's actually very easy to get heavy. For me, it was a mix of depression, nothing much going on in my life and laziness.

I've since gotten back to an acceptable weight for my height, but I feel like I could slip back into my old habits if I really let go.
>>
>>8326056
> How do people drink 3 wtf
Easy when you start getting fatter and want to drink more because you are eating more. It basically is snowballing excess calories and such.
>>
Most of you are describing being a bit overweight or maybe obese but the ones that really get me are the fuckhuge people.

Like 150kg+

Surely to get to that size you have to be steadily increasing your caloric intake because otherwise your weight would plateau. How do you keep increasing the amount you eat and never think "wait, this is getting out of hand" as you go?
>>
>>8326097
Mental illness or childhood trauma are probably the #1 causes
>>
I got pretty fat during uni. I was never a skinny guy but when I left high school I wasn't even overweight. I was very barely chubby.

Then in uni I fell into that trap of developing a habit. It didn't happen in the first year especially but in the second year I had a solid year where I was there 4 days a week and every day was a long day that would require me to eat lunch. I got into the shit habit of buying a bottle of coke (this was when they were 600mL before the recent downsize) and this giant ass cookie that the cafeterias were selling. Can't remember the name but they were 50g of sugar each.

And then to top that off there was a little stand where you could buy a good sized package of little asian rice snack things and I'd take that food and go eat it all in between classes.

That went from a "yeah I'll do it once" kind of thing, to a daily kind of thing, and I put on 20kg in two years. It got worse because after a while I started snacking when I got home from uni too. I'd get home and have a can of coke on top of the bottle I'd had during lunch along with toast or something as my afternoon tea.
>>
>>8326097
>Like 150kg+

Usually lack of caring or realizing it when it is too late and people give up. I know people that weight, they will find exits to not bother with it or distract themselves from it.
>>
>>8326025
Dude i think you have more deeply rooted problems other than eating big meals as a kid
>>
>>8326115
You mean like that 'I'm already fat, might as well have another soda' attitude?
>>
>>8326127
"what's one more soda going to hurt?!"

I also know some 280 people who think they are like 210 because they stepped on a scale a while back and saw that as a weight. I've heard a coworker say "Man I know I gained a little weight but I walked around the building today I so that's good way to burn off lunch" or something equally retarded to that
>>
>>8326118
ur right lol. i'm trying to deal with my primary trauma rn and thats difficult enough, i don't really stress about my ed + weight because it's honestly the last of my problems
>>
>>8326132
Little do they know that if they just don't drink that extra soda every day they'll lose weight.
>>
>>8325992
How stupid do you have to be to not realize that ice cream is a caloric bomb?
>>
>>8326161
A modestly sized (~4oz) scoop of ice cream will usually be only ~300 calories. Easy to fit daily even to a very conservative diet, honestly.
>>
>>8326161
Easy
>Wow low fat
>check back wow 300 calories!
>don't look or add up per servings
>down 1200 calories before they know it.

Seriously, the amount of people who factor in serving sizes is stupidly low
>>
>>8325992
Don't forget cooking oil.

Some don't even bother to measure this shit.
>>
>>8326170
Speaking of this, is there any general rule of thumb for judging how much of the oil used actually ends up in the food? I imagine it varies dramatically by the type of dish, but like a basic sautee? I count calories, and whenever I cook with oil, I count the full amount added out of paranoia, but I feel like this causes me to under-eat on those days when I cook with oil a fair amount, and I don't want that either.
>>
I was given whatever cheap food I wanted as a kid. Nutritious food weren't particularly encouraged. As long as I didn't finish half the box, parents didn't care about portion control
Physical activity was made to be seen as a punishment

I lived a fairly sedentary lifestyle and ate too many calories well into adulthood. I'm down to 149 atm, 9 more pounds to go.
>>
>>8326097

I share an office with a super fat guy. He has a double wide office chair with the biggest hemorrhoid pillow I've ever seen on it where he sits all day, and he has the biggest drawer in his desk dedicated to a neatly organized array of snacks and candies. Every couple of hours he grabs something from the desk to eat, and every day he drives out to some fast food place and brings back a jumbo combo meal to eat at his desk. I once heard him tell the other super fat guy in the office that he had to bail on their plans to go out to lunch together at noon because he just couldn't make it past 11 AM without eating something (the other fat guy nodded in complete understanding). All day, every day this guy just sits there eating junk food constantly while occasionally pausing to puff on his rescue inhaler. That's how they get that fat.
>>
>>8326177
Congrats on turning it around bro.
I was in the same boat until I started using Adderall late in highschool and just lost the weight effortlessly because I was never hungry, then picked up good habits later to keep it off.
>>
>>8325888
>How do overweight people get that way?
they eat a high fat, high sugar diet.
>>
>>8325911
This is basically my story too. 280 at the end of 2013. The only other thing that I still can't kick is beer. I fucking love beer, but it's keeping me at or above 200 pounds because I have one or two every night; well, that and my meals could be a bit better, but still.
>>
>>8326183
cute :3
>>
ex-fatty here;
I started getting fat around 13-14 when my parents would always keep restocking the snacks in the house and I would continually eat them when watching tv/playing video games without them complaining at all. They also loved cooking deep fried foods, like nuggets, chips, dim sims. If I had healthy options I probably would have gone for them desu.
After a while it became a habit and I just lived like that up until a few years ago.
Wehn I lived in a share house I used to get a large takeaway meal from near uni almost every day which made me the most obese I ever was.

I'm fit now and still have fast food 1-2 times a week, but only a single item and never in meals. I use muesli bars for snacking or a small handful (single serve) of anything else.
>>
>>8326217
I fucking love beer too but it doesn't really hold that kind of appeal for me where I want one every day. I only really get through 3-5 bottles per month. Some of that is just me being conscious of its calorie content, e.g. I won't have a beer on a day that I've already had a soda or I won't have a beer on a Saturday if I already ate out for lunch.
>>
>>8326217
>he unironically blames 'one or two beers a night' is keeping him overweight

The denial of you lardass amerifats never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>8326262
This.

>eats fast food constantly
>tons of sweets and deserts
>drinks soda like mad
>"lol if i could just lose this beer weight i'd look great!"
>>
>>8325888
I got up to 315 before I was like fuck that, but I'm 6'4" and fairly muscular too, so it wasn't like land whale fat.

Anyway, it was basically like a horrible combination of stress/depression/apathy leading me to stuff myself until I could not physically eat more to distract myself from the pointlessness of my existence.

Lots of little caesar's, McDonald's, frozen burritos, etc.
Like in a single day I might eat 20 mcnuggets plus a mango pineapple smoothie for lunch, then a deep dish little caesar's pizza plus breadsticks and marinara plus a 2 liter root beer for dinner.

Or I might eat 4 xxl burritos from walmart, plus a loaf of their cheap italian bread plus a whole jar of pesto then chase that with a family size bag of almond M&Ms and one of those green fruit smoothie drinks, the giant one.

So.. Like 6000+ calories per day every day while being a sedentary shit watching netflix all day, even then it took the better part of a year though.
>>
>>8326217
Eh I hit 180 but up to 200, I still drink but only on the weekends. Still in size 30 or 32 waste (I have no idea how pants can be two different sizes but fit the same).

I cut out beer though and switched to vodka and diet or low calorie mixer instead.

it's a lot easier to maintain/cut when you limit yourself to a cheat day
>>
>>8325888
I've always been this way. When I was young, my parents both worked and never, ever cooked. As such, a standard meal during the week was a happy meal (soon becoming a "mighty kids meal"). I never drank water, I constantly drank either juice or soda.

This continued well into my teens, and I basically just ate whatever I wanted. Since I'd always been fat, I despised exercise of any kind. I contemplated taking control of the situation, but honestly I was so depressed from being such a massive fuckup that I just never did. I lacked willpower, to say the least.

I successfully did diet (atkins) for two years, and went from 350 to 225 in an attempt to salvage the only relationship I'd had up to that point. But she cheated on me anyway (with a dude with two kids already. Really destroys your self-esteem), so I got off the diet and have been slowly gaining all the weight back.

And here I am, back at 350. I have once again embarked on a diet, but this time I just want to eat healthy and not adhere to a fad diet. Hopefully this goes well, but I'm sure a few posters will take the time to tell me that I'm weak and will fail (they are probably right). The biggest obstacle for me right now is staying full, as my stomach is gargantuan and "normal" portions don't even begin to fill me up. I'm basically trying to kill the hunger with water.

Ultimately, food for me is a coping mechanism. Food makes me happy, eating makes me happy, and since I am unhappy most of the time, I like to eat.
>>
>>8326328
Just count calories.
Chew gum occupy your jaw.
>>
>>8326201
But I thought eating fat didn't make you fat? No im not trying to troll.
>>
>>8326344
That's the plan, senpai. Water and chewing gum.
>>
>>8326348
It doesn't necessarily, it's just that most high caloric foods are also high in fat content for flavoring.
>>
>>8326309
Sounds a lot like me in college just a few years ago. I've gotten a bit better thankfully, though I still eat too much fast food. A big help is just counting calories. Even if you still go over a bit, it helps keep you in check.

I was amazed to discover how easy you can surpass 4,000 calories
>>
>>8326359
>4,000
See, this right here is just insane to me.
>>
We don't exercise. That's it, really. I eat garbage but walk a lot and work out three or four times a week to maintain a healthy weight. In high school I actually ate balanced meals but didn't work out so excess calories turned into fat.

And America as a country really isn't situated to promote an active lifestyle. White collar jobs are largely sedentary and the company can't force people to do exercises. In some countries they'll do company calisthenics at set times to promote good health.

Blue collar jobs are rough with tight hours but provide their workers little time to eat. Unless you pack a meal from home your options are vending machines or the strategically placed fast food joint you'll find just outside of walking distance from factories and shit.

Americans also work stupid hours. When I was touring Italy and North Africa every shop, even in major cities, would close just after noon so people could do shit. Take a nap, take a walk, cook a big meal for the community, whatever. In America you get maybe an hour lunch break (although many employers mandate you have to make up for that fucking hour to get your full 8 hours). So most people hurriedly stuff a burger in the bathroom before returning back to work.

And don't get me started on privatized lunches in schools. Trump's pick for Education, Betsy DeVos, is THE advocate for privatized charter programs, cutting recess and gym, and ensuring Coca Cola can sponsor your classroom with a bag of Doritos in every hallway and a Dew in every hand. When I was in school in Northern VA we were actually a test site for Surge and you're going to see more of that in the future.
>>
>>8326369
It's not that hard especially when you think of things like sweet tea/soda, and snacks. You'd probably be surprised if you go on some meal builders on various food places stuff adds up pretty fast.
>>
>>8326369
How is that insane? I can easily eat that in one sitting. I've ate 10k calories in one sitting. I used to binge until I'm full. Now I binge until I throw up.

I used to be 210 pounds, lost weight counting calories to 115~. Year later stress got to me. I think if I become bulimic I can enjoy shit like ice cream again andd just puke it out, right? Nope. You don't throw it all up. I can't think straight anymore all I want to do is binge and purge.

So now I'm bulimic and 122 pounds. My heart hearts and my stomach is constantly burning.
>>
>>8326369
Like I said, it surprised me a lot. If I would eat out more than once a day I would almost always end up around the 4,000 mark. Especially if I ended the day with an unhealthy desert. Plus almost everything I would drink was filled with calories, soda, milk, orange juice.

I have some friends who try to keep it around 1,700 calories. I just try to keep it around 2,000 and I find that helps. Basically I try to avoid going too long without eating and having something healthy to snack on like an apple. Otherwise I get insanely hungry and eat too much for dinner.
>>
>>8326409
>Basically I try to avoid going too long without eating

So your solution to cutting calories is eat more frequently??? How about exercise?
>>
>>8326396
I'd tell you to see a doctor but you probably don't have insurance because fuck I hate this country and how much we don't care about people's well being.

American voters are so shortsighted. They think uninsured people drive up premiums, which isn't wrong, but who benefits the most from our crappy health? If people were healthy and promoted good health, the insurance companies wouldn't get a dime. But they benefit directly from the McRib drives, they benefit directly from schools cutting physical education, they benefit directly from McDonalds in every ghetto and unpronounceable garbage in all your food.

America's fat and the 1% are profiting off it.
>>
>>8326412
Eat smaller and healthier foods between meals and then have something more satisfying for dinner. Sure exercise is good too, but I think you missed my point.

Instead of eating 2 huge meals that contain thousands of calories just pace yourself throughout the day and keep from getting so hungry that you pig out.
>>
>>8325888
how is this gay thread at the top for so long?
>>
>>8325888

I hit 310lb once. It just completely snuck up on me. Wasn't even eating a huge amount of food, I was an alcoholic though for 2 years and just gained weight like mad. Cleaned myself up, started lifting again, and got back down to 220lb in just over a year.
>>
>>8326420
I see your point, but it sounds like you're just desperately looking for a way to over eat still. How about just three meals a day and keep yourself below 2,000 calories? It's not that hard if you have some self-control.
>>
Get used to comfort eating and the feeling of being full.
Eat quickly, like a competitive eater, so that you're able to cram a lot in your stomach before you feel full.
Eat to have lots of food in your mouth instead of chewing small bites a few times.
Eat as soon as the feeling of bursting fullness wears off (for example, eat a huge helping of pasta then an hour later when there's room eat something like a bowl of Life cereal with whole milk as desert and because that's easy to eat).

t. Guy who goes thru phases of fatness and fitness
>>
>>8326426
So we both agree to keep it around 2,000 cals a day yeah? So what difference does it make how I go about doing it so long as it yields the same results?
>>
>>8326375
What school in NOVA and how long ago was this? I grew up there.
>>
>>8326428
This. It's pretty fucked up. If I ever have a kid I'll be sure not to over feed him and try to keep him from snacking too much. I see friends of mine who have kids telling them to eat more and finish their food and remember having to deal with that shit when I was little. How about instead of force feeding your kid just let the little shit go without the extra calories? Don't let him get so used to brimming at the seams with food all the time.
>>
>>8326375
Trump's picks are all legitimately cancerous. And no im not a sjw, I just actually care about the state of our country.

That said that woman reminds me of my first year of jr high (2005). I live in California so this was before the overhaul of our school lunch system. Ever single morning kids lined up to get as much hostess snacks as they could afford. I sit back in shame remembering how FUCKING fat I was eating three or four honeybuns in first period. I sincerely hope obesity doesn't skyrocket over the next four years.
>>
>>8326299
Well a pint of something heavy can easily be 200 calories, two of them is basically a small meal.
>>
>>8326443
Point is that when you're lazy, eating like shit and drinking soda as well as alcohol it's kind of stupid to just call it "beer weight" As if you would drop 100 pounds just by cutting out the alcohol but continuing to eat and drink like shit elsewhere and be a lazy fuck.
>>
>>8325888
Slowly. People don't set out to get fat. Once you are fat you have a much harder time getting thin again as your body is used to maintaining a certain level of fatness. It's doable if you have any will-power, of course, but it's still somewhat difficult.
>>
>>8326176
If you are trying to cut and count calories you should probably not be eating deep fried foods in general.

If you are sauteeing something then 100% of the oil stays in the food unless you are draining it afterwords in which case you can just - the volume you drain off.
>>
Has anyone done gastric sleeve or lap band or whatever? My neighbor is thinking about getting it. How severerly does it change your life/eating habits?
>>
>>8326451
>>8325888
Oh and lack of sleep. If you don't sleep regularly (including working nightshifts like >>8325898) you end up eating a fuckton more calories. It's not just out of laziness either, there's a pretty solid set of research that shows it's linked to fucking up your body clock.
>>
>>8325888
my heaviest was 255lb (i'm 5'4 so that's fucking huge)
i've been fat all my life because my mom was fat and loved to cook and always overfed me, had no idea about calories or portion sizes and let me drink coke out of my sipper cup since i was about 4 years old. my mother spoiled me and not once did she ever urge me to exercise
only in the past 2 years i've started eating things other than mac n cheese and pizza and i actually started getting active. the weight dropped off so quickly i was losing 3.3lbs a week but then it slowed to about a 1lb per week. i've got a little more to go until my goal weight and i'm excited to be a healthy weight for the first time in my life
but since i moved out of my parents house , my mom has turned to overfeeding the family dogs. i've tried to reason with her but she doesn't think she's doing anything wrong in cooking full meals for the dogs 2 times a day and she's always sneaking them treats. i'm thinking about just taking them away soon because they're starting to get really fat
>>
>>8326459
That might explain why I feel so constantly hungry then. I'm lucky if I can sleep 8 hours and even then I never sleep straight through. I always toss and turn and wake up in the middle of the night. Plus snoring.
>>
>>8326450
400 calories a day is something like ~50 lb.

Seriously go plug in numbers to a TDEE calculator and see what happens when you add 400 calories daily.
>>
>>8326468
>That might explain why I feel so constantly hungry then. I'm lucky if I can sleep 8 hours and even then I never sleep straight through. I always toss and turn and wake up in the middle of the night. Plus snoring.
It might well be that. It also matters when you sleep, 8 hours in the middle of the day will still lead to weight gain if you aren't careful.
>>
>>8326475
I'm pretty big 6'4'' 300lb and i find it incredibly hard to sleep if im hungry.

Not sure what to do about it but any time ive tried to cut calories i cant sleep. I will lay in bed just sitting there all night and only get a few hours sleep. It's probably the biggest obstacle to my weight loss and i'm not sure what to do about it.
>>
>>8326478
>It's probably the biggest obstacle to my weight loss and i'm not sure what to do about it.
Fine some other way to sleep, perhaps? Drinking yourself asleep is not sustainable but perhaps sleeping pills. Alternatively find something that will make you feel full at a low 'cost' and eat that before sleeping. Oats would be a good call (personally oatcakes are what I use).
>>
>>8325888

>taste for fatty foods
>taste for sweet foods
>cheap food
>boredom
>substance abuse like alcoholism
>no exercise
>depression/anxiety
>fat acceptance
>no medical intervention like doctor advice
>hormone imbalances from pharmaceuticals
>more is better food culture

it's not surprising really.

I mean, have someone follow any of those habits for as little as a couple years and you can get really fucking fat.
>>
>>8326474
Cutting out 400 calories won't make much of a difference if a person is already going up to 4,000 or more a day.

Of course if you cut drinking it can be good for you. My point is that it's stupid to use that excuse for your weight problems when you're simultaneously unhealthy in every other aspect of your life as well.
>>
>>8326483
oats are pretty calorie dense though.

Spinach or greens something you can generally fill up on guilt free.
Warm water works really well too.
>>
>>8326486
>fat acceptance

Yeah this needs to go
>>
>>8326520
>Spinach or greens something you can generally fill up on guilt free.
It's ideally got to be something you can just get out of bed and grab without any work. Preferably also something fairly bland.
>Warm water works really well too.
That's a good call actually. When people grab warm drinks before sleeping it's actually the warmth that helps, not the specific drink in question.
>>8326486
>substance abuse like alcoholism
Some substance abuse is likely to make you underweight rather than overweight.
>>
File: Capture.png (157KB, 791x1208px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
157KB, 791x1208px
>>8326518
I cant tell if you are retarded or just trolling.

If you cut out 10% of your maintenance calories you will lose a lot of weight. If you are eating 4k calories a day then cutting out 400 is absolutely not enough to get down to a healthy weight but look at this.
Drinking 400 calories less a day will make a 5'9'' male lose 70 lbs over a few years.
>>
>>8326518
400 calories can absolutely make a difference. Humans are not meant to be morbidly obese and maintaining that weight requires massive amounts of calories. For a land whale 4000 cals could well be maintenance.
>>
Eating the wrong food and not moving enough. Pretty simple. By wrong I mean calorie dense.
>>
>>8326538
>>8326539

drunkards
>>
>>8326538
You're not wrong m8. You're completely missing the point though. If they ate 400 calories less it would be the same thing. If they exercised and burned an extra 400 calories a day it would be the same thing.

They just use alcohol as the excuse because they can't admit they're fat lazy fucks who over eat and don't get off their ass.
>>
>>8326538
>why exercise or eat healthy
>i'll just drink a little less alcohol
>still shove burgers and cake down my throat

Le American way :)
>>
>>8326532
>It's ideally got to be something you can just get out of bed and grab without any work. Preferably also something fairly bland.
How do greens not fit this description? Just fist them out of the bag.
>>
>>8326563
>>8326573

Dude says he weighs 200lb.
I agree he could be exercising more or eating less in other areas but fact of the matter is that small things like two beers a day can really add up over time.
>>
>>8326580
>How do greens not fit this description? Just fist them out of the bag.
If you've bought ones that can be eaten like that sure.
>>
>>8326589
I think almost every vegetable fits this description.

Grab a raw vegetable and just eat it.

Avoid carrots or dipping sauce but zucchini or squash can be eaten raw and have negligible calories.
>>
>>8326600
>Avoid carrots or dipping sauce but zucchini or squash can be eaten raw and have negligible calories.
Well they can be though I rarely have either of those in personally. There's also an element of having something that you might actually want to eat. Temptation is a bastard and it's more tempting to cheat when the alternative is raw vegetables (which, as someone who is fat, you're likely not a huge fan of even when cooked).
>>
>>8326586
>Dude says he weighs 200lb.

Try and pay attention next time. I was never referring to a specific person. I was insulting lazyand fat americans as a whole.
>>
>>8326605
>(which, as someone who is fat, you're likely not a huge fan of even when cooked).

I guess this is something that I really just don't understand either. I don't like peas or pumpkin but I genuinely enjoy tonnes of vegetables. Broccoli/green beans/capsicum/cucumber. I wonder if fat people's aversion to vegetables is because they've destroyed their taste buds with salts and sugars to the point where foods without them cause a psychosomatic negative reaction.
>>
>>8326634
>I wonder if fat people's aversion to vegetables is because they've destroyed their taste buds with salts and sugars to the point where foods without them cause a psychosomatic negative reaction.
Yep.
>>
>>8326600
Yeah, definitely avoid CARROTS, eating too many motherfucking CARROTS is why obese people are obese
>>
i was fed overly salty, fatty, processed foods from when i could chew for my entire life. my parents used video games as a baby sitter so i never went outside and played because i wasn't allowed. now i'm lazy as fuck and the only thing that tastes good is greasy salt.
>>
>>8326634
I have no idea how people become picky eaters, it blows my mind. I have friends who refuse to eat anything off a bone. I think it has something to do with them being raised by parents who suck at cooking. Imagine if the only vegetables you ever ate were way over cooked steamed ones.

Personally im a fat dude who loves vegetables but i mix them with meat and carbs then eat way too much of everything.
>>
>>8326634
>I wonder if fat people's aversion to vegetables is because they've destroyed their taste buds with salts and sugars to the point where foods without them cause a psychosomatic negative reaction.
There is actually an effect like that. Fat people become addicted to fat, sugar, salt and MSG and have a negative reaction to plain fruit and vegetables. It can be trained back out of them with enough work but it's a psychological thing and it's more than just poor impulse control.
>>8326641
Force yourself to eat proper food and you will, eventually, come to like it.
>>
>>8326641

this.

I drink many beers a night on top of that too, because of the current society we live in.
>>
>>8326634
Fat people are habituated to fat and salt, sugar not so much. Fat people put butter and oil on vegetables, not sugar. Putting sugar on vegetables is a good thing to get used to vegetables. A sugared vegetables is a fruit.
>>
>>8326641
But do you ever just get that feeling where you /need/ to eat a meal with plenty of vegetables?

Say you've had a couple of days of a sub-par diet and then on the third day you just get that feeling like you want some broccoli or something to balance it out. Because those are legit signals from your body to eat something healthy.
>>
>>8326634
This is by no means universal for fat people. I for one was obese (still am fat, but less so), and I would eat mountains upon mountains of vegetables, but along a mountain of pasta. It's the pasta I'm cutting back on, with the result that I went from almost morbidly obese to only just obese in half a year.

The progress has slowed down in the last couple of weeks, so I'm going to step up my game. Less beer, more walking.
>>
>>8326669
I'm sure you never put any oil, cheese, meat or sauce on the pasta, right? Being a lifelong vegan subsisting on the diet of an Asian peasant made you obese
>>
>>8326669
Sorry yeah didn't really mean to imply it was universal, the proper question was more like "do fatties who hate vegetables just have a psychosomatic block"
>>
>>8326639
The point is that unlike most other common vegetables, their sugar content is quite high and the caloric impact of binging on them is non-negligible.
>>
>>8326683
My point is that your point is exceptionally pointless

Seriously

AVOID CARROTS

AVOID

CARROTS
>>
>>8326689
it was said within the context of picking vegetables to eat to quench appetite before bed. Calm down.
>>
>>8326693
It does not matter what the context is.

Avoid carrots to lose weight and prevent obesity, too much sugar in them! Better snack on buttered bacon strips and pork rinds!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, AMERICANS ARE OBESE FROM EATING TOO MANY CARROTS, AVOID CARROTS IF YOU WANT TO BE LEAN. NO THIN PERSON HAS EVER EATEN A CARROT, THEY ARE KNOWN TO EAT NOTHING BUT EGGS, MEAT AND BUTTER, AND AVOIDING CARROTS
>>
>>8326707
>context doesn't matter

Literally retarded.
>>
>>8326709
Avoid carrots
>>
>>8326674
>oil
Hardly.
>cheese
Seldom. I did put it on my bread for lunch (still do, but less)
>meat
Seldom. I usually went for tuna. 1 can for 2 days of sauce. I like it, don't judge.
>sauce
The vegetables + tuna were the sauce. I never went for the creamy sauces. Not by design, but out of habit.

By the way, I didn't mean to imply that vegetables and pasta was all I ever ate. It just was one of my staples. Sometimes I would eat a fuckton of meat and potatoes with a fuckload of vegetables, or whatever else you could eat a lot of with a fuckload of vegetables. What I was trying to convey is that some fat people do indeed love vegetables and don't necessarily crave butter and salt and suger and fat all the time. I just craved vast quantities of whatever I was eating.
I still have a big appetite, but I now watch my calories, so if I'm going to have a big plate, it's mostly going to be vegetables.

>>8326675
I understand that, and many clearly do.
>>
File: 1434465762484.jpg (79KB, 849x726px) Image search: [Google]
1434465762484.jpg
79KB, 849x726px
Depression, comfort eating, getting my tonsils out when I was younger, bad eating habits in middle and high school that my parents didn't help with (especially with my mom hiding snacks and shit all over the house), lack of exercise, moving back home (parents still making high calorie meals), lack of caring due to weight loss taking too long, etc.

I just stopped giving a shit about my life up until earlier this year after living as practically a neet for 6 months, luckily I've gone down from 295 to 270 over the past couple months but my eating habits are still shit and I can never motivate myself to limit my eating for more than a week.
It's that comfort eating that really gets me now, food still excites me and I still can't find any healthy foods that keep me full or satisfied.
>>
In obesity cases, extreme sedentariness almost always play a part.

If someone's above the healthy weight line, its usually due to super calorie-dense and not to mention nutritionally devoid crap in varying degrees. In the other cases, such as myself, the food consumed isn't actually a bunch of crap, but the sheer quantity of it is the problem. Grilled lean white fish is still going to pack on pounds if I eat 2 pounds of it in a sitting, unless I'm running marathons everyday.

In my case, food's a coping mechanism. Bad day? Fill the fuck out of that plate for dinner and go back for seconds. Exams coming up like right now? I snacked half a dozen pears throughout the day while cramming, at least it wasn't bananas or something super sugarry. Stress in, food in. I learned over time that absolutely everyone has their coping mechanism for life, just that some of us ended up choosing shit ones and breaking out of them is a bitch.

That being said, in the last 2 months I dropped nearly 20kg in that time by not having seconds at dinner. I don't even have a noticeable stomach while standing up anymore, though its still not a pretty sight if I take my shirt off. Went from finishing a 400m track lap wheezing to going almost 3.5K a couple days ago, and if my buddy didn't congratulate me and say it was enough for the day I would have honestly been able to push to 4. Still can't do a damn pull-up. Still fucking hate cheat exercises, especially the bench press (/fit/ pls be gentle), which I can barely do maybe 7.5kg on each side 8 reps.
>>
>>8326721
Are you a girl or do you just not have any upper body muscle?
>>
>>8326724
Not a girl, guess 20 years of sitting at the computer never developed my chest. I do have fat buildup there, but I can feel the ribs underneath with basically nothing in between. I can curl 7.5kg dumbells for 4 sets of 12 and do 4 sets of 12 pushups at 90kg though, that seems kind of weird to me considering my dismal bench, but I'm still a lifting scrub.

Worst part is, beneath the thinning layer of blubber there's actually a decent canvas. I'm broad as fuck and even with the extra weight my shoulders and chest are still wide enough that I've got an inverted triangle going on. People comment on my massive back and I've actually got decent enough legs from having to support the extra bulk. Only thing that I really can't fix is the receding hairline.
>>
>>8325888
337 pounds here, my folks and siblings used to steal my food if I didn't eat quick enough so I started eating quick at a very young age so I could have all my food. I ate a lot of peanut butter and starch based products.
On top of this, I am a red head and never liked going outside and engaging in physical activities so I've always been a fat guy.
Once I had my own money and job I started spending a lot of my money on junk food and video games when I finally pushed 390ish at 22 I started to eat better and switched to a more active position at my work.
I'm 24 and a half now and still 337 pounds at 6'4 but there is a lot more muscle hidden under my fat now and I can actually run a 5k without having to stop.
I have two main meals and three snacks throughout my day. The snacks are honestly what's stopping me from losing my weight currently, fucking love cheese it
>>
I don't get it either. I feel like I eat a ton every day and I still haven't gained a pound in months.
>>
Personally?

Lifetime of self-neglect + parents who couldn't get me to eat healthy + big portions + soda addiction = 250lb of 4chan poster. And that's a generous estimate, probably closer to 270.

I rarely eat fruit, almost never vegetables. My diet consists mostly of deep-fried chicken, other deep-fried meat-like products, deli meat, fries, and macaroni, with snacks most days. Snacks can be anywhere from half a pack of cookies to 12 bags of chips and a 2-liter of soda.

Thankfully I seem to be more or less stable at this weight and have been for a few years.
>>
>>8326040
I'm >>8325971

I've been living with lupus since 2006 then diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's three years ago and I'm still pretty active. Or, at least, more active than the majority of people I know.

If I can work out when I'm more-than-likely worse off than you are, then you can, too, faggot. No excuses.

The only reason I've gained a little bit of pudge since September is because I've been eating out a lot, cooking less and eating junk food because (and this is gonna make me sound like a hyperjew) I've got myself a shawty now. And shawties can't eat nearly as much as dudes.
We go out to eat, bae orders some Amerisized platter of something, takes, no joke, four-to-six bites and says "I'm full!" I don't wanna waste that food, so I've been eating it.
Also, my boo's around out a lot. I can't exercise as much because of it. Tapping that ass ain't a decent enough work out for the amount of calories I've been consuming lately finishing off both my meal and boo's.

If I get any fatter, I'm gonna have to break it off, though, tbqhwy.
>>
>>8325960
I don't doubt you, but that sounds like the exact opposite of how it should work.
>>
>>8325888
I'm not overweight but during the summer holidays I went from 60 kg to 70 and that put me just slightly beyond the limit to be overweight

I've lost half of what I gained so far when I got back a hold of myself

I just couldn't stop eating, I never felt hungry (Unless I starve like hell for at least a day, I'll never feel hungry, most likely because I'm depressed) but I had the need to fill myself up. Bulimia, I guess.

Also unrelated to my urge to eat, I also rediscovered that butter is good and started eating a lot of buttered bread, which didn't really contribute to keep my weight in line.
>>
Heya, well I was overweight since child. When I was a baby, very young boy I was very thin, and so my grandparents started feeding me.
I lived in a household where I had breakfast, many carbohydrates at lunch and something for dinner.

As I got older, and started living alone, I realized, that to pe productive I'd need to eat less, so I try to. I've lost around 25kg from my maximum.
>>
>>8326348
No, fat doesn't directly convert to body fat. Fats are really calorie dense, and carbs can give you serious munchies. Carbs + fats are the magical combo that is both really calorie dense and overrides sensations of satiety. In other words, it ain't the burger that makes you fat, it's the fucking fries.
>>
>>8326668
Not him, but I don't think everybody has the ability to do the nutritional biofeedback thing. I think it's more of a skill you have to develop.
>>
>>8325888
I was depressed because I was doing badly at university so I started overeating to feel better. I had lots of chinese and indian takeaways. I always had bad luck with women so I never had a gf. In the end I just gave up on life and stopped looking after myself. Now I try to walk a few miles a day but it makes me really hungry and it's really hard to lose weight once you get up there.
>>
>>8325888
I got overweight by taking too much antidepressants and other medicine which my metabolism slower, it's not always food's fault
>>
I'm mildly overweight at the moment. I know a lot of it comes down to the fact that I take 2 different types of medication where the side effects are "Weight gain and increased appetite". I find it hard to stay full when i'm on medication, and tend to eat lots of little things throughout the day.

I've tried to counter it by walking to work. It's a 5 mile round trip to work, so I walk around 25 miles a week. I haven't been putting on weight, but I haven't been losing it either.

For a new years resolution, I'm gonna try to stick to 3 square meals a day, and stop snacking inbetween. I'm eating a Twix right now. Fucking medication...
>>
>>8326745
Dude, I started out pretty much where you are 1 year ago. 190ish chubby boy. Did a strict ketogenic diet with about a 300 calorie deficit and walked 3-5 miles every day for 6 months. That got me down to 165 lbs. Then I upped the protein a little bit (which knocks you out of ketosis, but you can still do very low-carb) and started working out. Gained 20 lbs of muscle. I could never do one pull up either, but now I'm up to 5. It's pretty rad. Oh, and I think those reps are wrong. The conventional 3 sets of 8-12 is for steroid users. I do 5 sets of 5-6 reps. Those guys lift much lighter weights than is naturally possible for muscle gain. It's gotta be harder. Anyway, my point is you can totally transform from overweight to very fit in 1 year if you really want it. I don't even count calories anymore. I just eat when I'm hungry, which is much less often.
>>
I was 180 at around 16, kept growing with my height to a max of about 215 at 5'9". I was genuinely addicted to soda and would constantly eat massive restaurant portions not realizing how incredibly calorie-dense they were.

I eventually found out I have a corn allergy/intolerance so I had to start cooking my own meals. I quickly realized that what I was cooking generally tasted better than the food I was buying and had less than half the calories. I also had to stop drinking soda because of HFCS. I dropped down to 170 in a few short months.
>>
>>8327056
Dietary fat actually does convert to body fat. Virtually all body fat is composed of fatty acids directly from food, and fat people generally have high-fat low-carb diets.

Burgers are high in fat because ground beef and cheese are high in fat. So burgers are also carbs + fat.

Carbs don't cause "munchies" at all, most junk food is low in carbs and causes "munchies" because it tastes good and isn't satiating (because it's high in fact)
>>
>>8325888
im at 277 currently, I quit sodas about 2 months ago, I often skip breakfast, and have a small lunch if any at all but from 6pm-9 i'll have 8-10 beers and then come home to a big table full of southern cooking and eat a couple plates rounded up...
>>
>be in high school
>home cooked meals, play sports, don't drink

>go to college
>eat junk food and drink
>no sports, barely use gym

Basically my mom was keeping me thin.
>>
>>8327119
>"Weight gain and increased appetite"
the latter is a side effect of the medication. the former is a result of the latter.
>>
>>8327143
>most junk food is low in carbs
u wot
>>
>>8326153
So? I'm married and my job is in an office building. It doesn't matter if I'm fat because I can still live into my middle 60s easily. So why should I lose weight?
>>
>>8327143
I kind of pity you, anon.
>>
>>8327108
this.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't make a lot of bad food decisions that contributed to my weight. I did, and I admit my decisions made it worse. but meds were part of it too:
>gradually losing weight, not dieting
>go on med
>gain weight the entire time I'm on it (in one case it was 2 years, idk why I didn't connect the dots before then, but then zoloft messed my brain up pretty bad so that might've been why)
>go off med
>immediately level off and then start losing weight again
sorry but I'm pretty sure that is at least partially meds. looking back I might have been eating more too, but I was pretty much a zombie when I was on zoloft. and nobody said anything. this was in the mid '90s so we didn't have drugs.com or mental health forums where you could go on and see what other people were going through on the meds. if I had, I think I'd have clued in earlier.

some meds fuck with your metabolism and make it so you just gain no matter what. others, you end up eating more and you are just not aware of it because it doesn't feel like you're doing anything different. some of them, you can feel it impairing your self-control, in which case you can learn to recognise those feelings and counteract it so you don't gain. you put in other failsafes, writing down what you eat, sticking to your shopping list etc. with other meds, it seems less a self-discipline thing and more that your thought process for what and when to eat becomes distorted somehow.

I would never imply that bad food decisions don't enter into it. they do. and it's something you definitely must watch when on meds. but if meds are zoning you out, and your doc/friends/family aren't paying attention, then you genuinely may not notice you're gaining til none of your pants fit anymore. then you file it away with all the other shit you can't cope with (which is basically everything) and buy sweatpants. it's gross but it happens.
>>
>>8325888
My heaviest was 220 and that required constant drinking (about a half fifth of gin plus sugary mixers) incredibly inactive lifestyle (call center work) and shoveling shit into my mouth every day. (Frozen pizza bites, fast food, delivery pizza, going out to eat constantly, chips, sugary convenience foods)

Even with all that, I see some people and cannot fathom how they've achieved their weight. I've changed my ways and learned a lot from my obesity experience. I'm Happy to say I've lost 70 pounds.
>>
>>8325937
Are you me?
>>
>>8325888
twice a day now, oats for breakfast and chicken for dinner
used to be 550(highest recorded anyway) pounds, now down to 340

reached a point where I didn't care, I was never gonna lose the weight anyway, so what, and how much I ate didn't matter.
years and years of lying to myself complaining about skinny friends and 'muh metabolism'

waste of fucking time, no part of being a lard ass is fun
>>
File: 1478638675673.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1478638675673.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>8327177
That looks vile.
>>
>>8327226
damn that's a lot of weight. good on ya m8
>>
File: 1479938352830.jpg (143KB, 646x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479938352830.jpg
143KB, 646x1024px
>>8327226
>used to be 550(highest recorded anyway)
I need pics, anon
>>
>>8327203
Most junk food is high-fat low-carb.

Fatties just don't understand nutrition and think that when something is 30 grams carbs and 30 grams fat per 100 grams that means it's high in both carbs and fat.
>>
>>8326176
>is there any general rule of thumb for judging how much of the oil used actually ends up in the food

Yes, the general rule is: all of it is absorbed.

>but I feel like this causes me to under-eat

Then if you have a pool of it left, you might as well just eat it if you logged it in.

With deep fried foods you're better off in the hands of the big companies that make them, test them in commercial labs, etc.

Ideally, you should just be able to weigh, while tared, in the tub or whatever that you're using, fry your garbage, weigh the tub of oil again, and subtract the difference.

However, you'd also have to account for how much of that oil burned away.

TL;DR: all of the oil is absorbed
>>
File: faceoff.jpg (66KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
faceoff.jpg
66KB, 528x792px
>>8327229
>Shower curtain inside the tub/water.
>>
File: Untitled-3 copy.jpg (158KB, 875x587px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3 copy.jpg
158KB, 875x587px
>>8327243
left is about a year before I evolved into my final form(don't have access to the family photos atm, right is now

still got tits but I feel a lot less shit about it
>>
>>8327289
Enjoy your wet floors and mildew, faggot.
>>
It was alcohol for me - used to come home from work most nights and drink a few beers and have some crisps to snack on with them. At the weekends I would drink more beer, and usually have a snack of something unhealthy before bed.

Thankfully I only went up to "overweight" as opposed to obese, decided to nip it in the bud before I had to go and buy new clothes. Now I only have a couple of drinks at the weekend, usually G&T, keep snacking to a minimum, and go to the gym most days for an hour or so. Not a huge change, but it is working so far and I feel better.
>>
>>8327301
How are you getting wet floors during a bath? The only mildew is collecting on your curtain and sitting in the bath with you.
>>
>>8326668
I've been eating mostly greens since Thanksgiving because of this. Ate only protein and carbs for 3 days and my body just ached for greens.
Felt great when I indulged on that need.
>>
>>8327143
All right, dude, whatever you say. I was a fat guy when I ate a lot of carbs, and now I'm not a fat guy after I stopped eating a lot of carbs.
>>
>>8327300
Awesome, dude. Nice work.
>>
>>8327300
Wow. Good job.
>>
I'm thankful to a degree that when I get real stressed I find myself unable to eat anything. Food in my mouth just makes me nauseous. In college I'd go three days working without eating. Eventually I'd finally realize I'm hungry or a friend would force me to get food with them.
>>
>>8327349
As I pointed out here >>8327260 fat people tend to have very poor understanding of nutrition in general and their own diet in particular. One aspect of this is the delusion that they are eating a lot of carbs as proportion of their total diet.

What you are really saying is that you ate a lot of high-fat junk food which happened to contain some carbs within it and you lost weight when you stopped eating junk food as a result of arbitrarily restricting carbohydrates instead of simply not eating junk food. Good on ya.
>>
File: 1459710262988.jpg (203KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459710262988.jpg
203KB, 800x600px
>>8327371
I envy you so fucking much
>>
>>8326369
You ever do sports? In high school I swam 4 hours a day so I would easily eat 6-8k a day. It's when you stop that you're fucked unless you're careful.
>>
>>8325888
Eating is an addiction.
Your body releases endorphines or dopamine or something when you eat.

Just like smoking or drinking, it doesn't have the same effect on everybody.
I'm a fat fuck but i don't smokie or drink.
That means i'm fully aware i shouldn't those 4 candy bars before going to bed but do it anyway.
>>
I'm not quite overweight yet but definitely getting there. It's because of depression for me, and I've seen the same thing happen to other people. Very quickly went from an active lifestyle with exercise and cooking healthy food, to a very sedentary lifestyle eating junk food and drinking heavily.
>>
>>8327056
>fat doesn't directly convert to body fat

actually most dietary fat does go straight to body fat.
>>
>>8327462
eliminate all fat from diet. walk every day. drink coffee in morning and a cup in the evening.

you will drop weight fast.
>>
>>8327374
I don't really know what "junk food" you are talking about. The things I consider junk food are candy and soda and snack cookies and potato chips. None of these things are low carb relative to fat content.
A cheeseburger is hardly junk food, because it satisfies broader nutritional requirements than just calorie intake, unlike soda or candy.
>>
>>8327351
>>8327359
thanks, not done yet though
>>
laziness and overall ignorance
>>
>>8325888
>How do overweight people get that way?
In my case, a love for food/eating, and a dislike for exercise.

I don't eat THAT much , but I still eat more than I should, and somewhat frequently. Every day, for years, some mouthfuls of food that were more than I needed were added to my system, snowballing to what I am today.

The only physical activity I enjoy is sex, and I can't afford call girls on a regular basis (I couldn't make women interested in me when I was thin, let alone now that I weight 260 pounds. I'm 6 feet tall, so at least it doesn't look as bad as it could). I've tried, so far, walking, swimming, jogging, soccer, judo, going to the gym, biking/cycling, and spinning (which, frankly, is just a faggy indoors version of cycling), had a look at some other activities, and found nothing I enjoyed.

>How often do you overweight posters eat and what are you eating?
Every 5 hours or so. Breakfast at 7:15-30, lunch around 12:30, dinner around 18:00, light snack (some fruit most of the time) around 22:30; I also drink moderate amounts of coffee throughout the day, taken with artificial sweetener whenever possible.

My diet is healthier than my size would imply. I rarely eat junk food, pizza, takeout or candy/sweets. 90% of my excess weight can be boiled down to (a lack of) portion control and exercise. The other 10% are dried fruit; fucking raisins, apricots, and prunes just won't stop being so goddamn tasty.
>>
>>8327470
>eliminate all fat from diet
Wrong. Increase protein and fats, lessen the amount of carbs. Especially if male.
>>
>>8327466
Source? because as far as I know Sugar is the one that does it the most.
>>
>>8327677
He's lying. I don't know what his agenda is or why is he lying about such things.
>>
>>8327470
>eliminate all fat from diet
That's actually a terrible idea, fat consumption induces a more favourable response on the hormones responsible for hunger(namely ghrelin and leptin) than protein or carbs, in other words although fats are higher in calories per gram than protein or carbs you'll probably end up eating more calories if you cut out fats than if you'd left most of them in your diet and cut down on unnecessary carbs instead, not to mention long term deprivation of dietary fats will rape your bodies production of hormones like testosterone and T3
>>
>>8326634

I can't speak for others, but, to me, some vegetables/greens just taste bloody vile. Bell peppers, cilantro, and collard greens taste awful to me, and where I live people add those to EVERYTHING, so I avoid salads when eating out just to not look like a childish/picky eater.

Anything else is good, though. When I want to have a afternoon snack and I'm out of fruit, I'll just wash/clean a carrot and eat it without cooking or using sauces/dips.
>>
>>8326707
What the fuck is wrong with you? Did you finally just...snap or something? Do you need help?
>>
>It's a what do you eat in a day thread
>fatty posts
>he eats as much in a single meal as i eat in one day
>finishes by saying "it's genetics, not my fault"

goldengrin.jpg
>>
>>8325888
Ultimately it boils down to self control. When you are presented with certain circumstances, it becomes much easier to give into temptations like eating. For example, when I was in college, a combination of stress, poor food selection(uni forced us to live on campus first two years and had to have a dining plan), and living independent from home and close to fast food restaurants. I had thought I had been responsible with my diet, and eating well until one time when I was showering, I noticed stretch marks on the side of my stomach. I think that was the line I drew, and forced myself to eat better and slim down. It was just really rough when each week I had a budget that I had to spend on campus, and all of their food was either extremely unhealthy, or was not fresh.
>>
>mfw have trouble maintaining 60kg.
>>
>>8327775
>uses bloody as an expletive-attributive
>calls coriander 'cilantro'
Where in the bloody fuck are you meant to be from?
>>
>>8327856
Brazil. I was taught English in its original British form, lived for a while in Canada, and most of what I read/watch is American English. So, yes, it's a bit weird.

Also, coriander and cilantro can mean different things. To some people, coriander is just the dried seed of the cilantro plant.
>>
>>8327912
>to some people
No. Just to Canadians and Americans. The rest of the Anglophone world uses coriander for the leaves and coriander seed for the seed.
I was gonna guess Brazil because you said "collard greens," which I know is used in Brazil. Also, I know that Portuguese says 'coentro' (or something like that) for 'coriander,' which is closer to the Spanish 'cilantro' than it is the French 'coriandre' which is where English got the term. The only reason Americans say 'cilantro' is because of proximity to coriander-using, Spanish-speaking cultures, such as Mexico and those in the Caribbean.
>>
>>8327923
>Just to Canadians and Americans. The rest of the Anglophone world uses coriander for the leaves and coriander seed for the seed.

Which is why I, as someone that once lived (if briefly) in Canada and deals on a daily basis with American English, am more comfortable with using cilantro/coriander.

>"collard greens," which I know is used in Brazil
Yes, it's quite popular around here. Its Portuguese name would be 'couve', or 'couve-galega'.

>Portuguese says 'coentro' for 'coriander'
Correct.
>>
>>8326312

>size 30 or 32 waste

>waste

Get your shit together fampai
>>
>>8325888
For me, it is the McChicken. The perfect fast food sandwich.
>>
>>8327973
>couve-galega
We call them "cavoli portoghesi" (Portuguese kale) or "cavolo a coste" (ribbed kale, because the stem in the centre of each leaf is hard, like a rib), though they're not a part of Italian cuisine. People only buy them to cook Brazilian and Portuguese foods.
I like collards, especially American-style, but they're not eaten much at all where I'm from.
>>
>>8325888
parents put me on meds because i had too much energy, i as tired all the time, side effects where obesity and others
since i was tired all the time and fat now other kids bullied me and my momm started giving me lots of allowance money to make firends but it didnt work so i just sat in a corner eating candy all recess
by the time highschool rolled round i was already obese by grown man standars so i kept doing the same, my dad became an angry drunk wh beat and bullied me and my mother got really neurotic so i stoped caring about anything, my hair was really long and i wore old damaged clothes since my parents never bought new ones and i didnt care either, eventually hghschool endedand i was fat enough to warrant bypass
after highschool i got massively depressed for a couple of years, i ate a lot and i spent das trying to sleep never getting out of bed, i achived 400 pounds easy and now im like that, i cant get a job which i need to better myself and my self steem without loosing my weight but i cant not eat because i get really sad and angry all the time and i eat, anything can get me like that and it doesnt go away for weeks or even months
i eat when im normal too anyways since everything is pointless, im 24 now and if i where to die today i would regrett having lived at all, i lost the first part of my life, whats left? life has never been good to me and i can rrecall ever being happy longer than an afternoon and i cant recall ever being happy while not being alone.
when people say i coould loose that weight easy they are right, normal people would but im not normal, i dieted for 5 months once, lost 70 pounds, i didnt crave food and i didnt need food but i got depressed and i did nothing but eat all the weight back and i wont ever get over those burst of depression, negativity and sadness so i wont ever get better, doesnt matter anyways its too late and i dont have any good memories better keep eating and hope for the worst
>>
>>8326443

I generally drink 3-4 pints a night.

I am 5'11" and 165 lbs.

On top of that i eat a lot, but most of it is home cooked.

I chalk it up to walking a lot for work and not being a picky eater. I will eat just about everything except avacado and olives.
>>
>>8325888
Im a registered nurse, and I also have never been able to reconcile how fat people get so fat, compared to my own caloric intake/expenditure.

I am increasingly of the opinion that it is infact genetic, related to metabolic rates and how a person processes/stores nutrition out of food.
>>
>>8327471
>cheeseburger
>hardly junk food and meets good nutritional requirements
this is why you were fat
>>
>>8328079

Well then youd be fooling yourself.

Myself and my brother in law were in the same job. We were similar height, similar weight with eating similar foods in similar portions. We have bothed moved on from that job but while my current job retains some level of manual labor his job has him sitting down waiting for half the day and when he is working all their processes are machine assisted.

He now has half the portions i do, yet he has turned into the michelin man.
>>
>>8328099
you can barely burn any calories exercising compared to restricting intake, he's just lying to you about what he eats
>>
File: 14700004864720.jpg (30KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
14700004864720.jpg
30KB, 500x667px
I have never been thin in my life.
I broke 80kg limit in school.
I was about 110kg by the end of it. I got to 92kg with regular exercise and eating healthier (got plenty of muscle, though).
About 120kg with a lot of stress, homemade meals (fatty food and sandwiches as snacks) and sedentary job.
No idea now, but definitely 100+kg.

Why i`m fat? I have enormous appetite. I can eat half of kg of roasted meat during the day, provided the opportunity. Trying to sate the hunger with cucumbers and tomatoes when i tried a diet? 1kg of fresh ones down the drain. Fruits? A half kg packet. No cola, but 2l bottles of Lipton ice tea were my guilty pleasure. At least i moved to a normal, steeped tea.
If i`m buying desserts, it`s gone in single sitting. At least i feel like shit after it, so i try to avoid them.

I know that the only way is to count calories and exercise for at least half a year.
But the pork baked with garlic and spices is delicious as fuck.
>>
>tfw gained back 15 pounds
What the fuck. How did I not even notice? There's no way it's even mostly muscle from just cycling more.
>>
>>8325938
>>8325946

Also unless you compare yourself to a picture maybe 3-4 months ago you most likely won't notice changes on a day by day basis, it kind of just happens and you don't realize how much your body has changed
>>
I was fat in middle/high school and lost the weight in college

It seems like the opposite is true for most people
>>
>>8328123

We live in the same house. Latin family, so we are all in each other's business all the time.

The effect was visible a few weeks after he left the heavy labor job and wet to the cushy job.
>>
>>8328229
so he eats fast food lunches every day, you don't know him at all
>>
Processed food.

Demonizing fat content in processed food so now all manufacturers stuff as much sugar as possible into their food.
>>
>>8328235

We still eat in the same cafeteria. Different companies contacted under the same umbrella. His boss is my buddy.

My island is small. About 8,000 people
>>
>>8328217
Exactly, it's easy to go "guess these pants are getting tight because the washing" or blame it on wrong cuts from the store. Because weight gain can be so gradual it is sometimes hard to notice
>>
>Was a 260 lb fatass, always just ate too much and my parents didn't slap my shit, then gained freshman 30 in college
>slimmed down to 190 after college
>shot up to ~220 lbs in past 3 months since I started smoking weed and my inner fatass resurfaces when baked
>hated myself, back down to around 205 now and but losing weight is slow going because I still smoke

Goddamn I'm just so lazy.
>>
>>8326344
>>8326354
Steer away from the sugary gums, doe.

Before my downfall I started working out somewhat and cut everything away. Whenever I craved for something I just boiled water and drank tea. Since they were my first cups ever, it tasted bland, but after a while I started noticing citrus behind the earl grey and so on. I never put any sugar in it, as I thought it'd ruin the taste by sweetening it.

I had an intense love experience that backfired on me that summer, and after since I've been doing close to zero exercise, eating chips and fast food several times a week. Don't know how many pounds it is but I'm very close, if not already over 120 kg right now, so it's uh... +10 kg a year.

Before the month changed, I got me some hand weights and started to pump again. Be seeing you on the fit side of life.
>>
>>8325992
>walking ball of lard
>115 kg
are you a manlet?
>>
>>8325996
How are the teas in the ammurricah? Are they all imbued with shittons of sugar every bag?
>>
>>8328321

Pretty shit, but there isn't sugar in the tea bags. At least not the ones I use.
>>
File: IMG_4012.jpg (40KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4012.jpg
40KB, 480x640px
>>8328321
It really depends, there are a lot of flavors that generall have tons of sugar in them
>210 calories
>42g of sugar
>>
File: ZyZZ.jpg (150KB, 810x1013px) Image search: [Google]
ZyZZ.jpg
150KB, 810x1013px
>>8327578
I will see you on the other side of the fatchasm
>>
>>8328321
Yeah, it's crap, but amerifats add sugar after brewing. It's not in the teabag itself.
>>
File: what is this shit.png (594KB, 848x742px) Image search: [Google]
what is this shit.png
594KB, 848x742px
>>8328336
>green tea
>infused with mad amounts of sugar
>imagining the sights of amerifat sipping tea thinking it's good for them since it's basically water and leaves
OMFG.. It's like that lemon coffee I once saw on the shelves. In the 300g pack there was 270g of sugar.

I feel sorry for your modern food culture.
>>
>>8328341
Its commonplace, man. I can relate, I have friends who boast they drink tea when all they drink is lipton yellow with a spoonful of sugar ;___;
>>
>>8328354
best part, it usually goes for 50c to 99c at most places
>>
>>8328312

>t. American

At 6'0 I was looking chubby at 95kg

I guess you guys are just used to even your good looking people being undefined and slightly overweight that an obese person doesn't look so bad.
>>
>>8326328
if you have problems feeling full, I seriously recommend boiling big ass pots of veggies like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and adding a low calorie sauce over them...I prefer buffalo sauce myself. I don't add butter though, I imagine plain veggies in butter would be just as yummy
>>
If you actually need to eat a lot of food to gain weight, you're not going to understand.

Most fat people eat like everyone else, the wrong shit at the wrong times, too much booze, too much animal protein, not enough sleep or poor vitamin absorption and it just builds up. It's not like everyone who doesn't have a weight problem all have healthy habits and don't do shit like take laxatives, drugs or become bulimic and just don't say anything.
>>
>>8326460
sounds like she's irrationally afraid they will starve
>>
>>8328063

Change a few of the details around and I could have posted this myself.

23, lifelong fatty, dealt with depression and anxiety as long as I can remember (recently diagnosed with type 2 bipolar), spent adolescence in a single-parent home being taught that food = love, fucked up childhood for other reasons, basically never grew out of most of it.

I don't have much in the way of support but I understand completely.
>>
burger here

shitty nutrition in the US really seems like a cultural problem to me. people work too much here and don't really take significant time to relax from their jobs, and there's not much incentive to start cooking something when you get home at 10 and have to get up at 5 to go to work.

look at france, where the majority of people cook for their family, or mexico even, where people take a break and go home for lunch. there's a mentality here of "gotta get the most money before i die" that detracts from the other parts of living. advertising pushes from fast food corporations to continue this trend certainly don't help either
>>
>>8328452
Yeah, and it's not like everyone who does have a weight problem has it because of a glandular disorder, fatty.
>>
>>8327289
>he doesn't have two curtains for each side of the bath
>>
>>8328495
The big danger of this is that you/us westerners in general are losing that bit of growing up where parents pass on their cooking skills to their children. Probably not too much of a reach to say that women's independence played a big role in breaking that cycle, and there's nothing wrong with that except we haven't really replaced it with anything.

I would absolutely love to see cooking AND gardening become part of the public school curriculum. Don't bore the shit out of kids with dry nutrition classes, put them in a kitchen and teach them how to make that stir fry that their parents don't even know how to cook.
>>
>>8328495
>you get home at 10 and have to get up at 5 to go to work.
what the fuck are you doing m8
>>
>>8328540
that's average US job
>>
>>8328519
Wait, are you saying that cooking isn't part of the public school curriculum in US? Wow.
>>
>>8328548
I'm in Aus and it's not really here. We did a handful of cooking classes as part of the soc curriculum in grade 8 and 9, but after that it was an elective class that was more geared toward people wanting to become actual chefs and the class didn't count toward university admission so most of us who wanted to go to uni didn't do it.
>>
File: 1480012704390.gif (2MB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
1480012704390.gif
2MB, 500x514px
>>8328544
No it isn't, not even close
>average work hours per week
47 Fulltime
34.4 Part time
or ~9 hours a day
http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/09/news/economy/americans-work-bush/

>average commute
25.4 minutes each way (or we can say 30)
https://project.wnyc.org/commute-times-us/embed.html

10 hours anon INCLUDING commute, so if you get up at 5AM to go to work you should average getting back at 3ish PM in the afternoon
>>
File: 1470199866983.gif (1MB, 540x349px) Image search: [Google]
1470199866983.gif
1MB, 540x349px
>>8328593
it's average for a job you can actually live off of
>>
>>8328602
No it's not, you either live too far from your job or take a shit route to work. I live single and have no problem getting home in under an hour every day and I live in large city.

I posted all the sources in my post showing the averages. Ifit takes you longer than clearly you are not average.
>>
>>8328560
We had cooking/housekeeping classes once a week for 7th to 9th grade (some 5th-6th graders also occasionally had cooking classes). I live in Finland.
>>
>>8325888
highest ive been is 220 which is still fuckin fat. ate a ton of greasy oily high fat foods and snacks. it was fuckin terrible.

eat a lot of fruits n veggies now. much more filling and down to 180
>>
Excess junk food/eating out
Little to no exercise
Lack of shame
>>
>>8328235
Eight hours of decently hard manual labor WILL burn a shit load of calories.

I agree that a 45m work out every day wont burn a ton of calories but having a labor intensive job will burn a hell of a lot of calories compared to sitting on your ass all day.

>According to Harvard Medical School, someone who weighs 125 pounds will burn about 240 calories per hour walking at a slow pace of 3.5 miles per hour

Even if his job was only walking 4 hours a day that is still a huge difference of 1k calories which can easily turn into 50+ pounds of weight over a few years.
>>
>>8328295
>Steer away from the sugary gums
In the US anyway, almost no stores even stock sugared gum anymore. You need to go out of your way to find it.
>>
>>8327677
>Source? because as far as I know Sugar is the one that does it the most.

source? why don't you google it? can't you read?

And sugar does not covert to body fat, usually. The body burns up as much of it as it can. Storing sugar/carbs as body fat is the last thing it will try to do, because it takes several times as much energy to convert carbs into body fat as it does to turn dietary fat into body-fat.. If sugar isn't immediately burned, it is stored as watery glycogen in muscles. The brain is a voracious consumer of sugar, and the heart runs entirely on fat.
>>
i still have thanksgiving leftovers and noone in my family is eating the pie

ive been eating pie every day trying not to waste it

send help im gonna die
>>
>>8327221
Did you stop drinking?
>>
>>8325888
I'm a bit of a different case. Played football in high school and college, O-Line. Was consistently told by coaches to put on more and more weight. Peaked at about 275.

Graduated and stopped eating as much, fell down to about 245. I lift weights 6 times a week, and *try* to eat well. The issue for me lately has been drinking(got into nice craft beer/scotch/bourbon)/not doing cardio.

So I've started rationing booze to myself and adding it cardio. It sucks pretty bad, but I'm unhappy with how I look and want to change.
>>
>>8328837
Nah. Literally all of the carbon your body uses for lipogenesis comes from glucose.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1083868/
>>
Okay so i have a question. Why is it that only my stomach seems to be getting all the fat. Is that how weight gain normally starts? Cause i can still count all of my rips, my arms arent flabby and my legs have a decent bit of muscle on them from when i used to walk to school everyday. The worst part is that i cant even work out, For whatever reason, even before i gained weight my heart would give me trouble whenever i tried.
>>
>>8328548
It is. My high school had a catering class.
>>
>>8329605
That's just how your body wants to store fat, anon. It's different for everyone.
>>
>>8329605
Body fat distribution is genetic. You can change your general proportions a little bit by building up muscle mass in targeted areas and losing fat overall.
>>
>>8325888
I have an obese ex-friend and if he's anything to go by it's that they have no self awareness and no self control and have a tendency to revel in excess
>>
File: 1406309593284.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1406309593284.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>8327371
Me too brother. When I'm stressed my bowels tell me never to eat. After my first breakup my bodyfat percentage dropped to about 4 percent. 6' and about 130lbs.
>>
>>8328548
school curricula vary wildly from state to state
see: texas
>>
My genetics are what made me fat

And by genetics I mean my mothers cooking
>>
>>8325911
>drink soda without thinking about calories because soda can help you through the day for energy

Americans really always find a way to surprise me.
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.