[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

How do you pick good wine when you're shopping? Do you look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: iDPtfd82[1].jpg (440KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
iDPtfd82[1].jpg
440KB, 2448x2448px
How do you pick good wine when you're shopping? Do you look at some place for reviews? Do you just grab one off the shelf by label? How do you do it?
>>
>>8321563
I have a general idea of what I like and try some in that style. Like I wanted a nice French pinot noir to bring home for thanksgiving and took a chance on a 2015 that everyone liked.

Unless you have some helpful wine people or know your grapes/regions really well, its a bit of a guessing game. Rarely do I buy a wine I simply cant drink because I know I don't prefer heavier wines like Cab or really dry Champange.
>>
>>8321563
Taste enough that you know of a varietal you like. Pick a price range. Try all of the wines in that category until you find your favorite.... or don't. Trying different wines all the time is an a-okay way to go. Is there a /wrong/ way to drink?
>>
Vivino and a lot of luck whenever I go for the cheap stuff. For more expensive I just ask the expert in the liquor store for advice
>>
>>8321563

I am a total pleb when it comes to wine so I just buy whatever Australian red is on offer and go with that. Not a huge merlot fan so I tend to avoid that.

Probably just as well I don't spend a lot on it as I tend to pour a glass when cooking, then inadvertently drink the whole damn bottle over the evening
>>
File: velvet devil.jpg (14KB, 230x575px) Image search: [Google]
velvet devil.jpg
14KB, 230x575px
>>8321563
I used to like trying different cheap wines until I had some really bad ones.
Now I pretty much always buy the same brand when going cheap.
Pretty much no wine under $10 is worth it unless you are making punch or are entertaining plebs.
>>
>>8323755
Oh hey I've been to that winery!
>>
I googled top wine brands and got barefoot as my pick.
>>
Sommelier here.
The reason why some wines are more expensive than others is because they are better.
Good cheap wines exist but are rare.
Spend at least 20$ for a bottle and you won't be disappointed most of the times.
>>
>>8321563
I grab a box of Franzia Chardonnay because I gave up on life.
>>
>>8324160
Absolutely nothing wrong with barefoot
>>
>>8324798
Yeah, but you can also get a lot of shit priced up above the $20 mark.
>>
>>8324826
is the first letter in barefoot supposed to be decapitalized?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.