[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do non-whites seriously think spicy is a flavor or that it enhances

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: pop-rocks1.jpg (204KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
pop-rocks1.jpg
204KB, 500x460px
Do non-whites seriously think spicy is a flavor or that it enhances flavor? That's like white people claiming pop rocks is a flavor.
>>
>implying carbonation doesn't enhance flavor

do you like flat soda?
>>
>>8318409

It's a sensation.
>>
>>8318427
so is flavor
>>
why don't more recipes utilize pop rocks?
>>
>>8318433

One is a chemical, the other is physical.
>>
>>8318461
chemicals are physical substances.
>>
>>8318465

Yes, and? You're just being argumentative at this point, the difference is rather clear.
>>
>>8318466
Then why can't you properly describe the difference?
>>
This thread is funny. Bemp
>>
>>8318468

I thought I did. Here it is in retard mode:

carbonation is the phyiscal sensation of the tiny bubbles of carbon dioxide forming and "popping". It can be felt anywhere on the body and has nothing to do with your taste buds.

taste is the product of various chemicals in the food interpreted by your taste buds.

They are clearly quite distinct things. One is detected by ordinary somatic neurons (physical). The other is detected by your taste receptors (chemical).
>>
Great thread, everyone. Good work.
>>
>>8318482
well duh same goes for spicy food. why do people think spicy is a flavor or that it somehow enhances flavor when it's totally unrelated to taste bud stimulation.
>>
>>8318501
I don't think anyone regards "Spicy" as a flavor.

I think they don't know the proper words to describe the taste so they fall back on "spicy" out of ignorance and/or stupidity.

Most of the time people ought to say "heat" or "hot" rather than "spicy".

Heat/hot comes from capsaicin in the food making your body think it is literally on fire. It could happen anywhere on the body but is most common with mucus membranes (mouth, eyes, genitals, anus) because elsewhere on the body the skin is too thick for the capsaicin to do anything.

"Spicy" is vague. It could apply to heat as mentioned above, but it could also apply to any food that was strongly seasoned with herbs and/or spices that don't contain any capsaicin.
>>
>>8318409
>non-whites think spicy is a flavor
is this some kind of new meme?
>>
>>8318508
>>8318509
" Asian countries within the sphere of, mainly, Chinese, Indian, and Japanese cultural influence, often wrote of pungency as a fifth or sixth taste."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taste#Pungency_.28also_spiciness_or_hotness.29
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.