[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's proper etiquette regarding food stuff and alcohol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: basil-hayden-450x450.jpg (56KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
basil-hayden-450x450.jpg
56KB, 450x450px
What's proper etiquette regarding food stuff and alcohol left after a party? Had some people over left night and a bottle of rum and a moderately expensive bottle of whiskey was left at my house. Do they belong to me now?

Pic related, the whiskey in question.
>>
Depends how much you like them
>>
In my experience if you bring it and don't take it with you at the end of the night then it belongs to the host.
>>
Yeah, that's usually how it works. If someone brings something to a party, it's considered a contribution. There's nothing wrong with taking it home at the end of the night, but you're essentially doing a walk of shame out the front door.

But you know your friends better than we do. You could always inquire. If everyone was drunk, they could have forgotten it and had intended to take it home with them. If that's the case, they might appreciate you breaking the ice.
>>
>>8316947

I would be inclined to go with this. If I go to a party I bring more than I intend to drink and anything left over belongs to the host as thanks for having us. My friends have a similar view, never had anyone ask for a bottle back the next day unless it was unopened and in a bag or something.
>>
>>8316915
I think this is how most people roll. The exceptions being very expensive bottles left. As a host, I would call them up and make sure that wasn't an accident.

>>8317156
I've never taken home an open bottle myself, nor has anyone left an unopened bottle at my place without going out of their way to tell me it's mine now.

>>8316908
Dude, if there's any doubt just ask them. Don't be that guy. Having people like you is better than a bottle of whiskey.
>>
Basil Hayden's is shit anyways so just call the guy and double check.
>>
>>8317402
It's not the best but it certainly isn't shit. What bourbon do you like to drink?
>>
If it's in your house, it's yours.
>>
>>8316908
Drink up you sensitive little puss cake
>>
>>8316908
If they wanted it, they would have taken it.

I was over at a friends house for Thanksgiving, and brought a bottle of wine and a very nice new bottle of whiskey that I had bought for my birthday a few days before. I knew the wine would be finished - and it was - and I brought the whiskey to share with whoever wanted it. I was fine knowing that my expensive bottle of whiskey might be drank and finished and I might only end up having a glass or two...but damnit if there was any left, I was taking it home.

Your friends knew what they were doing (probably), so the bottles are yours.
>>
>>8316908
I like to take a tax from it every day it's left at my house, like the bottle is paying room and board. When it's gone, it's too late for them to pick it up.
>>
>>8319590
I like the way you think
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.