[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compiled this bit of data to make it more readable. m3 of water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: excel.png (128KB, 792x1597px) Image search: [Google]
excel.png
128KB, 792x1597px
Compiled this bit of data to make it more readable.

m3 of water per ton of these crops produced
up left -> bottom right increasing water requirements

So, /ck/, you think you can eat comfy on more drought-tolerant crops?
>>
File: ewpie.png (322KB, 2085x2879px) Image search: [Google]
ewpie.png
322KB, 2085x2879px
>>8315316
>>
>>8315316
>vanilla dead last
white people fuckin up the planet again

i eat lots of banas and the lower fruits there and lots of rice potatoes and corn. so yeah id be fine.

not sure if this is b8 or not?
>>
Please distribute this to all the goddamn hippies who think plant-based milks are: 1) milk and 2) somehow more sustainable than cow's milk.
>>
>>8315550
It's not? And vanilla grows primarily in Madagascar.
>>
File: PP_188276_wc_f2.jpg (151KB, 447x515px) Image search: [Google]
PP_188276_wc_f2.jpg
151KB, 447x515px
>>8315557
Hippies like morality more than actual sustainability.

For instance, they cry out about Roundup-Ready transgenic crop, but plants modified to be more drought, cold and heat resistant are cool as hell and will probably improve our future dramatically.

>Transgenic rice plants overexpressing M. xanthus PPO exhibited more tolerance to water deficit stress than wild-type (WT) rice plants. A, Phenotypes of wild-type and transgenic plants before and after water withholding for 48 to 84 h. B, Changes in ΨW. The results of shoot water parameters are given as a pooled mean of six separate pots with three replicates in each. C, RWC of leaves. D, Soil water content. Wild-type and transgenic rice plants expressing M. xanthus PPO were grown in the greenhouse under optimal conditions for 4 weeks. Well-watered plants were subjected to water stress by withholding irrigation. Cont, Nondesiccated controls; D-36, -48, -60, -72, and -84, water withholding for 36, 48, 60, 72, and 84 h, respectively; M4 and M7, homozygous lines of transgenic rice plants. Values are means ± se of six replicates from two independent experiments. Means denoted by the same letter did not differ significantly at P < 0.05 according to Duncan’s multiple range test.
>>
>>8315316
>beets
As expected of the most underrated vegetable.
>>
>>8315316
seems kinda stupid to put the dry weights of some foods but the regular weights of others. Of course it'll shoot the fuck up if you remove 50-80% of the weight
>>
>>8315316
Anyone know why ginger is so water-inefficient outside of the US? My guess upon googling that because it's grown in Maine it's just a pretty wet place, but I could be wrong.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.