[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is caffeine a placebo? Sometimes when I'm tired as shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: caffeine-drinks.jpg (242KB, 800x668px) Image search: [Google]
caffeine-drinks.jpg
242KB, 800x668px
Is caffeine a placebo? Sometimes when I'm tired as shit I buy a redbull or a monster just for the fuck of it and it never really makes any noticeable difference. I feel just as tired after as I did before. And I drink coffee like once a week. Does caffeine only work when you believe it works?
>>
>>8313497
I know it's real, I just assume some people are more tolerant than others. I can have a whole 350 mg in one drink and not feel anything, but my girl friend will have a heart attack if she has half a monster.
>>
I've heard it takes more caffeine to make an extroverted person wired as opposed to an introverted person, which requires much less.

Are you an extrovert, OP?
>>
Some days a red bull welds my eyes open. Other days I take 1 g of caffeine and fall asleep 15 minutes later. Most refreshing sleep I ever got, by the way.

If you want guaranteed energy, obviously amphetamines are the way to go. If you are over 18, go to your local pharmacy and ask for Bronkaid. You'll show your ID and pay $10. Try two, or four, and see how you feel.
>>
>>8313523
Do extroverts even use 4chan
>>
>>8313497
You probably built up a tolerance for it so it isn't as affective as it once was. Tolerance is a bitch.
>>
You have to drink it before you get tired and once you get addicted it stops helping with staying awake.
>>
>>8313497
>Is caffeine a placebo?
Obviously not. Are you retarded? Search Google Scholar.
>>
>>8313552
>tfw they stopped selling bronkaid in florida years ago, as well as surrounding states (i think)
>>
>>8313497
I agree with you OP.

I have a cup of coffee in the morning but I have tried these drinks before and they make no difference to me at all.

Went out one night go-karting, not allowed to drink beers, so we got tanked up on Red Bull. Must have had about 10 cans during the evening, NOTHING!

I'm beginning to think people imagine it.
>>
I spent my entire childhood pretty much isolated from caffeine. I have my fist coffee and started drinking it in my twenties. I went a little overboard at first instead if slowly building up a tolerance and I would get a little fucked up and weird muscle spasms. It was like really mild cocaine at first but has tapered off since then. It would make me confident, happy, and talkative even though I was usually none of those things so I would drink a lot before meetings or social stuff at work. I've also never felt anything from energy drinks or red bulls specifically. Only coffee has given me these effects.
>>
>>8313554
Yes, they just pretend to be autistic introverts because if you go on 4chan and say "I regularly post on 4chan and i have friends and a girlfriend." people will either call you a lying autist or a normalfag.
>>
>>8313761
In my experience coffee made at home will have way more caffeine than an energy drink whereas coffee I'll buy has nothing.

Also the people in here going "lol durr ur making it up" are absolutely retarded.
>>
>>8313497
there is a misconception about the effect of caffeine that it will "wake you up." caffeine is a stimulant, but the main property is that it prevents you from getting tired by blocking some receptor in your brain.
>>
>>8313497
it makes me sleepy
>>
>>8314671
Because no one can ever be both.

>>8313497
The only way I know it works on me is that any amount of caffeine will send me to the bathroom. I took three dumps last night after two of these.
Also I heard some shit about how only 10% of the population isn't effected by caffeine. Maybe you're part of the ten percent?
>>
File: IMG_20161127_115716.jpg (2MB, 1821x3922px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161127_115716.jpg
2MB, 1821x3922px
>>8315079
Dropped pic whoops
>>
File: redenergy_1.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
redenergy_1.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>8313497
Redline. If you drink one of these and it does nothing for you, you're not human.
>>
>>8316941
This is the only drink that has actually made me physically ill to the point of vomiting. It didn't taste bad, but apparently you're only supposed to drink half of one of these things and I pounded the whole thing. Felt like taking on the world for about 15 minutes before I spewed by guts right outside of fucking TGI Fridays.

As for OP's question, I think it's more of a routine thing. When I wake up for work, I feel like a sack of ass until I have a cup or two of coffee. I can pound redbulls all morning and still feel like shit if it's not coffee, despite consuming more caffeine.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.