[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/ My friends were given a whole leg of venison by their mom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

/ck/
My friends were given a whole leg of venison by their mom when they were visiting for Thanksgiving. They are vegetarians so they don't need the meat, and have graciously offered it to me which I have gladly accepted. I will be going to get it tomorrow.

I need advice on what to do with it, specifically how to process/butcher/break it down. If you have advice on how to cook it I'd also take that.

I'm completely new to this type of thing so any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
>>
>>8313495
Smoke that sucker
>>
>>8313549
Yeah, get a good smoking for that shit and jerky what you can't eat within the next two days.
>>
>>8313495
Bone the leg out (as in remove the bone and joint), cut the meat in half, smoke one half of it.
With the other half, stab it with a sharp knife and insert cloves of garlic under the skin, roast it until you're happy with it.
>>
I always liked marinating my deer steaks in a mix of hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. Grilled em and it tastes preddy gud. If you have a butcher nearby you could ask if he could make Kielbasa out of the meat.
>>
OP here
How do I smoke a whole leg of deer? Both logistically and technically???
I feel I may have bit off more than I can chew here. Im learning it's best to stay in my lane. These experiences are not meant for those in my social class.
>>
>>8314670
Or rather, what are some things I can do besides smoking it? Is there a specific way I should cut it to fit in my freezer?
>>
>>8314713
Ok, is it a front leg or back leg?
>>
bone it out and use my based aunt's recipe
milk soak for 2 hours and rinse
soak in 5gal bucket with Italian dressing overnight
roast/bbq at 275 until fork tender
>>
>>8315946
Well they didn't call me back. Idk. No meat :(
>>
You can do burger easy. Cut off most of the fat and replace with pork fat for better texture and flavor.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.