[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a big difference between european and chinese chestnuts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20161125_144453.png (742KB, 1243x1011px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_144453.png
742KB, 1243x1011px
Is there a big difference between european and chinese chestnuts other than size? Flavor, cooking method, etc? Bought a fuck load of chinese nuts since they are half as expensive as the other ones.
>>
>>8309317
the ones that are described as chinese are the chestnuts you find in europe.
>>
Why do you say european when the pic says american
>>
Well, we usually bake them in the oven after crossing the head with the sharp knife...
Or put them in the fireproof dish and cook it in the open fire...
Nothing special
>>
The chinese chestnuts are big, but kinda flavorless... and mushier after roasting.
>>
>>8309317

the chinese nuts are poisonous, stupid, they'll make you sick.
>>
File: kastanien.jpg (312KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
kastanien.jpg
312KB, 800x520px
>>8309317
German chestnut, best chestnut
>>
>>8309381
Pretty sure those are horse chestnuts. You can't eat those.
>>
>>8309342
Sorry, was just thinking of the italian nuts I had earlier this week
>>
>>8309427
Correct. They are beautiful to touch and to look at though.
>>
>>8309351
So, you'd use them in a dish where an added soft component wouldn't be strange, and should probably use their relatively bland nature to bulk up something flavorful but expensive?
>>
I picked up a chestnut off the ground once to eat, when I bit in to it there was some kind of larva inside that bit me back right on the lip

I no longer eat stuff I find on the ground outside
>>
>>8309317
The ones on the right are better at math and have trouble driving.
>>
>>8309427
what's stopping me?
>>
>>8309317
well, only the tips of the nuts are hairy on the chinese ones
>>
>>8310450

Cyanide poisoning.
>>
HOW CAN WHITE BOYS COMPETE?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.