[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, Is there any special technique to prevent turkey legs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Hey guys,

Is there any special technique to prevent turkey legs from tearing during the cooking process? It really detracts from the overall presentation. You can see what I mean in pic related; the beginning of the drum is just bone. No meat or skin left on as it tore away during the cook.
>>
>>8307116
thats how its supposed to look, meat shrinks when cooked. brining helps, but not for what you are looking for i think
>>
Just tell your family to stop being autistic
>>
Actually I think this looks quite tasty that way.

Guess you could only avoid this by butchering the leg differently.
>>
It looks better that way, it looks like the meat from Golden Axe.
>>
>>8307116
Looks good to me and I almost always ridicule. Good job.
>>
OP here

I'm not saying the visible bone doesn't have its advantages in some dishes. In fact, tomahawk steak is carved specifically for the bone to protrude in such a way by scraping off the excess meat, cartilage and sinew off the bone. I'm not sure it has a place with turkey however, unless it was specifically designed to be cooked that way. Or at least that's my preference when it comes to turkey. My legs split this year and I'm fine with that. Next year I want to try and keep them intact though. Just looking for tips or suggestions on how to do that.
>>
>>8307222
Cover with foil for most of the raosting prosess.
>>
>>8307116
I thought that covering them with aluminum foil helped reduce that? Don't know, never really attempted it
>>
>>8307256
>>8307260

Two votes for foil. I'll be attempting this next year. Very good idea gentlemen and or women of the kitchen.
>>
File: 168146541.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
168146541.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>8307116
I loved it that way ever since I was a wee lad.
>>
>>8307116
Oddly enough the French think differently by intentionally removing that bit and just leaving the meat in a technique that is called "frenching".
>>
The only way you can really do it is by leaving the ankle joint on with skin intact when it's butchered, so if it comes with that cut off the next best thing would be stitching a bit of butcher's string to hold the remaining skin up to the end of the bone.
>>
it looks fine you autist
>>
You should have read the "over-engineered turkey" thread a couple of days ago.
>>
Learn to cut joints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku5p1CcGn70

get to work pleb
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.