[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /ck/ I need to cook thankskiving dinner for 3 and I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 20161124_115737.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161124_115737.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Alright /ck/ I need to cook thankskiving dinner for 3 and I have four turkey legs. I have no idea what I'm doing. Pic related is what I have so far.
>>
What have you seasoned it with so far opie? Turkey legs are pretty easy to cook. Turn the oven to 350 and set it in until it's cooked all the way through. Could baste it butter, cooking stock/broth, beer, ect to keep it from getting dry, or cover it with seasoning and seal the tray in foil. Could also throw some veggies into the tray so that they cook in the juices.
>>
>>8306533
where's the fourth turkey leg? i need to know
for reasons
>>
>>8306569
Turkey was a war vet.
>>
>>8306533
Never mind guys I oiled, elavated and seasoned all four turkey legs. I put water into the bottom if the pan and covered yhe while thing with tinfoil.The fourth one wasn't there due to my rushing of the preperations. Currently the oven is preheating. Now I need a good idea on what to do with four sweet potatoes and a box of fresh cranberries.
>>
>>8306551
I already have them prepared, but do you think putting yams and or cranberries on the bottom if the pan would be a good idea? If so how sgould I prepare the veggies? Also should I baste in gravey or no?
>>
>>8306605
good luck getting any type of browning

also cranberry sauce, sweet potato mash or candied
>>
>>8306612
Wait what do you mean by browning? Will my urkey not cook or what?
>>
>>8306605
You fucked up. You should have done a simple braise instead of boiling them.

Feed it to the cat and order chingchong takeout.
>>
>>8306611
just put a mirepoix and the bottom.
>>
>>8306617
it will cook. browning happens from quick and high heat on the surface.

not something you get from an oven
>>
>>8307051
U wot m8? Just brush some butter or oil on it and set the oven to max. Gives a really nice crispy skin.
>>
>>8307051
Will puting on a pan work?
>>
Also I realize my meat is a bit pink. Should i put in the oven and cover it with foil again?
>>
Salt legs heavily
Sear them in in a roasting pan with los of fat
Take out the legs and then fry 1 pound of cubed beef haunch until browned
Add root veggies like onions, carrots and seller
Deglace with 1 bottle of wine and let it reduced or a bit
Lay the legs onto the beef/veggie foundation and close the lid
Cook for 2 hours or more
Later take the lid of and brown the skin on high heat in the oven.
>>
File: 20161124_135225.jpg (2MB, 1857x2210px) Image search: [Google]
20161124_135225.jpg
2MB, 1857x2210px
>>8306533
>not including the thighs
>>
>>8307130
I only bought the legs.
>>
>>8307130
hey man, I've got 4 stalks of celery, you want me to cut them a bit?
>nah fuck it just throw it in there and make sure at least one isn't making contact with any water
>>
Turkey legs are the best. I usually eat the legs first and save the rest to make turkey sandwiches for the week.
>>
>>8307186
.... it's not finished anon

also

>water?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.